Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Poor Scott isn't sure who he can trust. Even Barda .

In my entire history of reading comics I think this is the nicest I have ever seen Granny Goodness without it being just an act or Granny being Granny .
    I think this is the best interpretation I've ever seen of Granny. She fluctuates from the stereotypical Grandma to a murderous psychopath. She's either bake you cookies or bake you into cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I think this is the best interpretation I've ever seen of Granny. She fluctuates from the stereotypical Grandma to a murderous psychopath. She's either bake you cookies or bake you into cookies.
    Which I think made her a million times more creepy.

On a side note, I always hear Ed Asner voicing Granny Goodness when I read her scenes.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

The book is great! With Allred on Bug, I wish Paul Pope and Kieron Gillen would come to DC and do a New Gods line!
    Last edited by Johnny Thunders!; 09-30-2017 at 07:15 AM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

This issue was amazing. The panels were so creative and the unsettling uncertain relationship dynamics is something I've always wanted to see used more with the New Gods. I am really impressed and can't wait for the next one.

Spectacular Member

Loving every issue so far. The dialogue and emotional beats are amazing. This series from the feel and the art really makes me feel like I'm reading early Vertigo style stories. And, fingers crossed, I think it would be amazing if Death of the Endless actually showed up. I have a scene in my head where the Black Racer slides up next to Orion, takes off its helmet and its Death underneath, and one of my dreams come true and we see an Endless interact with one of the New Gods.

Incredible. Between Mister Miracle, Batman, and The Vision, Tom King has become one of the all-time great comic book writers. I haven't even read Omega Men yet. It's next on my list. I've never been so satisfied by any run on Batman and Mister Miracle is blowing my mind.

And now he's supposedly doing something with Fabok to do with Swamp Thing too? Sign me up.

I'm enjoying everything with King's name on it, and Mister Miracle is no exception. Simply loving his stuff!

Spectacular Member

Phenomenal stuff from King once again, sooo good, hopefully I'm or talking too premature here but after 3 issues if King can manage to keeps this up, this will go down as another one of his epics.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Mentioned this on Twitter but I'm not a DC guy at all. Been reading Marvel since 93'. But as of later, I'm barely reading anything from them at all. I was digging the Ultimates but that's gone now. The only thing holding me over is Astonishing X-Men. I started seeing a bunch of YouTubers raving about this book. I knew enough about the DC from the Warner animated series to recognize he was from the New Gods books but thats about all I knew. So I listened to the reviews and gave it chance. Now that I'm on issue #3, I have to say I'm really enjoying this book. I'm starting to get interested in the rest of the DC books because of it.

Look what you've done to me Marvel.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Another amazing issue! You really get a sense of Scott’s unease and growing despair with every page. This book is powerful on so many levels. King has done such a great job of conveying the struggle that depression can bring. Feeling like everything just isn’t right and like nothing you do matters. This is what Darkseid is. I never like when writers portray the Anti-Life Equation as a generic weapon or even an actual being. The Anti-Life Equation is total subjugation through the breaking of one’s will. The opposite of freedom, joy, and love. All the thing that Mister Miracle represents.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Honestly, I can’t decide if this series is brilliant or insufferably pretentious, but it’s always at the top of the pile whenever it comes out

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Another amazing issue! You really get a sense of Scott’s unease and growing despair with every page. This book is powerful on so many levels. King has done such a great job of conveying the struggle that depression can bring. Feeling like everything just isn’t right and like nothing you do matters. This is what Darkseid is. I never like when writers portray the Anti-Life Equation as a generic weapon or even an actual being. The Anti-Life Equation is total subjugation through the breaking of one’s will. The opposite of freedom, joy, and love. All the thing that Mister Miracle represents.
    Thus is the brilliance of Jack Kirby. His ideas on the surface are incredibly basic, many with names a 12 year old could have come up with. Anti-Life Equation, Granny Goodness. But those ideas are powerful. They can serve as basic good vs evil tools but like a fractal design show us more the deeper we look into them. Kirby, man, he was really something.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Mentioned this on Twitter but I'm not a DC guy at all. Been reading Marvel since 93'. But as of later, I'm barely reading anything from them at all. I was digging the Ultimates but that's gone now. The only thing holding me over is Astonishing X-Men. I started seeing a bunch of YouTubers raving about this book. I knew enough about the DC from the Warner animated series to recognize he was from the New Gods books but thats about all I knew. So I listened to the reviews and gave it chance. Now that I'm on issue #3, I have to say I'm really enjoying this book. I'm starting to get interested in the rest of the DC books because of it.

Look what you've done to me Marvel.
    I ditched Marvel since the NU 52, and I've never looked back.

And yes, Mr. Miracle is a great read. Powerful read that hits it's reader hard.

I just don't know if this particular story is happening in the past, or an alternate universe due to the old costumes.
    WHO DAT?!!

Incredible Member

What is Kings obsession with making superheroes so depressed they want to kill themselves? Other than Sherrif of Babylon, I don't understand how anyone likes Kings work. That being said, I hate most of Morrison's stuff to though.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    What is Kings obsession with making superheroes so depressed they want to kill themselves? Other than Sherrif of Babylon, I don't understand how anyone likes Kings work. That being said, I hate most of Morrison's stuff to though.
    I think it's pretty realistic that a hero who sees that much death and pain they can't stop would have serious problems dealing with it. Sure, it's a theme that is repeated, but I think it's one that many people who want to do more to help the world but feel powerless can be helped by, seeing King's characters struggling with that.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord