Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    the big question is WHY in issue 5 that Scott Free is driving from the wrong side of the automobile through out the issue..
    nobody knows

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    What's wrong with this thread? We don't get so much traffic that we need issue threads.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

OK, this time, I'm gonna be mean and I'm gonna find flaws..

But I can't. One can say that the entire issue takes place in one scene, but the importance of the participants was major enough to warrant it. One could also mention repeating panels and pauses, but damn it, those increase the suspense and add to the mood. One may complain about deus ex machina and miraculous stuff, but it's all spelled out there for you before this.

So, yeah, yet again, another post saying what a great job this book has had again this issue. I suppose I could just cut and paste next month as well.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    What's wrong with this thread? We don't get so much traffic that we need issue threads.
    Personally, we are on the same page.

Just seemed like it would be worth it to centralize information(single issue threads, for instance) that will inevitably wind up falling by the wayside as general "DC Comics" threads are created and posted in.

Going through the latest issue again and on the two page spread between Super Girl and Lightray, is that who i think it is? If it is that person, then there could be a lot of reshuffling of stuff going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Going through the latest issue again and on the two page spread between Super Girl and Lightray, is that who i think it is? If it is that person, then there could be a lot of reshuffling of stuff going on here.
    Could you "Spoiler" tag who you think that it is?

here they be:

spoilers:
    Jack Knight Starman
    end of spoilers

You know, I thought that for about a second because Donna didn't seem to be "New52" Donna while Orion clearly was.

Maybe we'll get to find out.

BANNED

What page of what book?

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    What page of what book?
    The run starting at post #321...

Feels pretty self-explanatory. You really don't know what we are talking about?

So...

With the final issue right around the corner, what does everyone think will take place in that issue?

So...

With the final issue right around the corner, what does everyone think will take place in that issue?
    I'm not happy about the sense that a tragic end to this will bring Scott into the Heroes in Crisis series. I'd be a lot more happy with some sort of happy ending here, even with ominous overtones. And I really want Oberon back. But if this is an offshoot of Darkseid War where Barda left Scott, the story in Mister Miracle makes sense in that Barda remained while Scott's other main support people were killed.

As others have said, a 12 issue story not tying into other books and continuity might have made for a happier story for me, anyway.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

So...

I honestly have no idea and that delights me. King has set up an end game that could be literally anything and yet still fit.

I'm not happy about the sense that a tragic end to this will bring Scott into the Heroes in Crisis series. I'd be a lot more happy with some sort of happy ending here, even with ominous overtones. And I really want Oberon back. But if this is an offshoot of Darkseid War where Barda left Scott, the story in Mister Miracle makes sense in that Barda remained while Scott's other main support people were killed.

As others have said, a 12 issue story not tying into other books and continuity might have made for a happier story for me, anyway.
    Well we could all assume that this story was a dream or out of continuity because of all the character deaths. But I really hope it’s not a tragic ending just to tie it into Heroes in Crisis. Scott is standing with Barda in the Heroes in Crisis ads so I’m hoping that means they’re still together. The obvious tragedy could be Jacob. It would be similar to the classic Superman story “For the Man Who Has Everything”. Kal having to say goodbye to his son in the dream. But I’ve loved Scott and Barda as parents and I really don’t want to lose that aspect of their characters. It fits so well with their whole role of gods who grew up in hell trying to live a normal suburban life on earth. Plus little Jacob being a tribute to Jack Kirby is too good.