Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Default Dream X-Men CREATIVE Teams

I know there are plenty of threads out there in regards to dream X-Men rosters, but what would your dream X-Men creative teams be? Writer/Artist is all I'm looking for, but if you want to get more specific, feel free.

For the purposes of this exercise, nobody's off limits. If you want Jim Lee or Geoff Johns, you can have them, but it has to be the creator as they are now. You can't do something like have '80s Chris Claremont writing both books or '90s Adam Kubert penciling.

Let's say you have three team books and one is to be labeled the flagship: the actual titles of the books are up to you, too. If you want to get into specific character rosters or book direction/mission statements, you can, but it isn't required.

As for Mine, they are:
    -Uncanny X-Men (flagship), written by Mike Carey and penciled by Andy Kubert
    -X-Men, written by Kieron Gillen and penciled by Jason Fabok
    -Astonishing X-Men, written by Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning (DnA) and penciled by Ken Lashley
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

4 books

Morrison with quitely and burnham
    Warren Ellis and the Kuberts
    Si spurrier with Jim lee and tony Daniel
    Snyder and Cappulo and manapul
    Tomasi and Gleason and Jorge Jimenez

I went with 2 artist so we can get 16-18 books a year and each artist has plenty of time to make amazing stuff

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Marguerite Bennett/Kristafer Anka
    Si Spurrier/ Chris Bachalo
    Al Ewing/Russell Dauterman
    Gerry Duggan/ Mahmud Asrar
    Gillen/McKelvie
    Marjorie Liu/Fiona Staples
    Kate Leth/ Babs Tarr
    James Tynion IV/ Jake Wyatt or/and Paul Reinwand
    Last edited by Dante Milton; 05-12-2017 at 12:03 PM.

I'd love to see Pak & Immonen do a Scott and Emma solo series. I loved Immonen's pencils on ANXM. I know it's never going to happen but when has that stopped any of us. I think Pak gets Emma and Scott's voices and would kill their redemption story.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Let's say you have three team books and one is to be labeled the flagship: the actual titles of the books are up to you, too. If you want to get into specific character rosters or book direction/mission statements, you can, but it isn't required.

As for Mine, they are:
    -Uncanny X-Men (flagship), written by Mike Carey and penciled by Andy Kubert
    -X-Men, written by Kieron Gillen and penciled by Jason Fabok
    -Astonishing X-Men, written by Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning (DnA) and penciled by Ken Lashley
    I was going to try but I stopped when I saw these. I'm good with this. DnA's New Mutants wasn't my favorite, but I like them well enough.

Uncanny X-Men - Kieron Gillen and Stuart Immonen
    X-Men - Gerry Duggan and Pepe Larraz
    X-Force - Rick Remender and Ron Garney

Call it a day.

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men: Al Ewing/Carlos Pacheco - fun, adventure, little bit of drama.
    X-Men: Ta Nehisi Coates/Steve McNiven - high-concept, lots of drama.
    X-Factor: Peter David/Sara Pichelli - zany, upbeat, off the wall book
    X-Force: Rick Remender/Brian Starfleeze - covert, "espionage"-lite
    Generation X: Al Ewing/Kenneth Rocafort - teenagers, "omg!"

Uncanny X-Men by Grant Morrison (Headwriter), Chris Claremont, Fabian Niceiza, and Mike Carey - 2-3 issues per month
    X-Men Vignettes by Chris Claremont, Mike Carey, PAD, and Marjorie Liu with rotating back up stories by rotating writer - 1 issue per month
    Wolverine by PAD (Head writer), Ed Brubaker, Steve Orlando - 2 issues per month
    Uncanny X-Force by Steve Orlando, Rick Rememder, Fabian Niceiza - 1 issue per month
    New X-Men: Generation X by Craig Kyle, Chris Yost, and Chris Claremont - 1 issue per month
    Storm by Chris Claremont - 1 issue per month
    Cable & Deadpool by Fabian Niceiza - 1 issue per month
    Iceman by Sina Grace and Steve Orlando - 1 issue per month
    The Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix by Scott Lobdell - 1 issue per month
    Magneto by Cullen Bunn - 1 issue per month

Editor: Mike Marts
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

New Mutants w./Duggan and Larraz.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

One weekly Uncanny X-Men book, featuring a core cast but also working as an anthology book for everything mutant.

Jonathan Hickman/Rick Remender as head writers.
    Chris Yost & Craig Kyle, Cullen Bunn & Kieron Gillen regularly contributing stories.

John Byrne as layout artist, to keep the book weekly (similar to Keith Giffen's role in 52)
    Olivier Coipel, Steve McNiven, Salvador Larroca, Carlos Pacheco, Andy & Adam Kubert as regular artists.

Travis Charest on covers and designs, plus special stories à la Art Adams in the 80s.

... one can dream, right?

BANNED

Storm solo title: Chris Yost: Writer, Chris Yost and Alan Davis: Co-plotters, Alan Davis: Artist
    Uncanny X-Men: Greg Pak: Writer, Carlos Pacheco: Artist, Team Roster: Storm (leader), Warpath, Nightcrawler, Gambit, Sage, Shadowcat
    X-Men: Fabian Nicieza: Writer, Andy Kubert: Artist, Team Roster: 616 Wolverine (leader), Colossus, Magik, Sunfire, Psylocke, Cecilia Reyes
    X-Force: Warren Ellis: Writer, Jim Lee: Artist, Team Roster: Magneto (leader), Bishop, Emma Frost, Rogue, Chamber, Mystique
    X-Factor: Ed Brubaker: Writer, Jiminez: Artist: Team Roster: Havok (leader), Polaris, Iceman, Multiple Man, Monet, Hollow
    Generation X: Marjorie Liu: Writer, Bachelo: Artist, Team Roster: Adult Cyclops and Adult Jean sans Phoenix Force (headmaster and headmistress...this is the only way I'd care to see these two characters alive again. I don't think there are anymore interesting stories to tell with these two in the team books other than rehashing old stories. I think their rehashed stories made the books stagnant for years. I say let them retire from the teambooks and teach the next generation) and the writer can make up kids to fill the school roster

I'd want to see Gambit permanently break up with Rogue so he can date Ororo. This prompts Rogue to go dark and join Magneto's X-Force team where she and Erik will eventually rekindle their old romance.
    Last edited by rutog98; 05-12-2017 at 03:29 PM.

Hesitant to post because I want to see what Sina Grace and Christina Strain do on their books, but going to purposefully exclude them for now as I am not familiar with either of their writing yet.

Astonishing X-Men by Gerry Duggan, Russell Dauterman, and Stefano Casselli (Covers by Mike del Mundo)
    Uncanny X-Men by Cullen Bunn, Jorge Molina, and Ben Caldwell (Covers by Adam Kubert)
    Weapon X by Scott Snyder and ACO (Covers by Matt Taylor)
    Generation X by G. Willow Wilson and Fiona Staples (Covers by Chris Bachalo)

Magneto by Cullen Bunn and Jerome Opena (Covers by Stephanie Hans)
    Magik by Marguerite Bennett and Kenneth Rocafort (Covers by Jamal Campbell)

Kevin Wada and Russell Dauterman on costumes

Plus Uncanny Avengers by David Walker and Stuart Immomen
    Last edited by MYCMTSC; 05-12-2017 at 03:27 PM.

Uncanny X-Men: Nick Spencer and Daniel Acuna

X-Factor: David Walker and Kevin Macguire

X-Force: Ed Brisson and Andrea Sorrentino

Gambit: Tom King, Becky Cloonan, and Mitch Gerads

Magik: Jody Houser and Veronica Fish

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Hickman/Olivier Coipel (Uncanny)
    Geoff Johns/Ivan Reis (X-Men)
    Frank Miller/Andrea Sorrentino (Wolverine - Not OML)
    Ed Brubaker/Steve Epting (X-Force)
    Pak/Russell Dauterman (Rogue)
    PAD/Chris Bachalo (X-Factor)
    Al Ewing/Immonen (New Mutants)
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Tomasi and Gleason and Jorge Jimenez
    Oh man, yes. I would love those two on an X-Book
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor