View Poll Results: What grade would you give this issue?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 out of 5 [A+/A]

3 13.64%
  • 4 out of 5 [A-/B+]

9 40.91%
  • 3 out of 5 [B/B-/C+/C]

8 36.36%
  • 2 out of 5 [C-/D+]

1 4.55%
  • 1 out of 5 [D/D-/F]

1 4.55%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    They have stated when they bought her that they are keeping her past intact with tweaks to make her work in Marvel. They are only not allowed to mention Spawn. I personally love the idea of a pure-blood Asgardian raised as an angel. There is a TON of promise here if handled right. She could still house a collection of souls as well. In GOtG when she gave Jean the "look" Bendis said there was a reason. She may have some soul pieces of Classic Grey in her too. Again, speculation but for me she could be a powerful addition to the female Marvel staple. I really hope the flesh her out fully.
    Well lets hope your right I hope it doesn't turn into another new character defeats pre existing ones to make them memorable.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Then why is the baby now called Angela? I completely misread that, if that is the case.
    The queen of the angels will obviously rename her to seperate her from the nothings andhode her true identity from her. She was a baby after all. The real question is what exactly happens since the queen killed the baby. But perhaps thats how one becomes an angel.

As for the Spawn stuff, Im guessing its no longer in continuity, and if it is it will be lightly refrenced like in guardians where she says she was a hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    The queen of the angels will obviously rename her to seperate her from the nothings andhode her true identity from her. She was a baby after all. The real question is what exactly happens since the queen killed the baby. But perhaps thats how one becomes an angel.

As for the Spawn stuff, Im guessing its no longer in continuity, and if it is it will be lightly refrenced like in guardians where she says she was a hunter.
    Thats a very good idea. I wonder why Odin wouldn't know that too?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    That's what we're going to find out in the next issue. The Queen likes the name, apparently, and it symbolizes a break from her Asgardian roots.
    I suppose so. There's no reason the Queen doesn't do that.

BANNED

The Queen seems to have intended to use their baby as a weapon against Asgard, a delicious irony. I personally hope that by the end of the story she isn't a villain, because we already have old Loki for that. Although, if we see her turn in her adopted race like Loki did then that could be really fun. Angel Queen certainly needs to die horribly in the near future. These angels are really bad. Like Purifiers with wings.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Didn't he also erase all records of the Serpent's (his brother from Fear Itself) existence?
    I'm sure he also mindwiped the memory of Narcisson and The Dark Gods from the Asgardians as well. He's a one man spool of correctype.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    The Queen seems to have intended to use their baby as a weapon against Asgard, a delicious irony. I personally hope that by the end of the story she isn't a villain, because we already have old Loki for that. Although, if we see her turn in her adopted race like Loki did then that could be really fun. Angel Queen certainly needs to die horribly in the near future. These angels are really bad. Like Purifiers with wings.
    Does this Evil Angels storyline contradict the Heven Angels in Spawn?

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Does this Evil Angels storyline contradict the Heven Angels in Spawn?
    Ehhh... wellll... Not... quite? The Angels in the Spawn-universe aren't exactly... Angels, you see. Their culture is actually fairly savage, very combat-oriented.

The depiction in this mini, strikes me as somewhat exaggerated, but not too off base either, they really are almost unbelievably devout to their beliefs, but I wouldn't say they're evil, in the litteral sense either. More... flawed, a bit like the Asgardians, in a way.

I'm guessing we might see the other side of the story in the coming issues - what the issue with the Asgardians that the Angels actually have.

We mostly saw one side of the story here, where we heard the grieving words of a mother that had lost her child - of course her murderers will appear evil.

( ok, I gotta' admit... no matter how you look at it, there is a certain cruelty there... either killing a new-born, or making a mother THINK you did, is either way, a very bad thing to do. Odin have done many bad things, but he would NEVER do such a thing - in fact, we KNOW he won't - instead of killing Loki, when he had defeated his father, he took him in, and raised him as his own.)

BANNED

Yes. Youffie (I think that's close enough spelling) at least knew that his son would have a life. Even if Odin knew his daughter was alive he'd know the next time he saw her she would try to kill him. I'm hoping that this backfires hard on the Angel Queen, if only because it would be less cliché to have her turn on her adopted family. Of course, this contradicts the King Thor future considerably because she was heir apparent, but that's neither here nor there.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Post Monster View Post
    You know what I can't figure out: Why Lucifer never shows up when Earth is invaded. I mean, Earth is supposed to be his stronghold and he seems okay with letting it get overrun by every galactic menace around? It seems like everyone should be saying "we won't worry about the invaders. Let the devil deal with it."
    Lucifer is old news. Strong Guy is the lord of all the dead realms. And yes, he should be helping out!

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    Ehhh... wellll... Not... quite? The Angels in the Spawn-universe aren't exactly... Angels, you see. Their culture is actually fairly savage, very combat-oriented.

The depiction in this mini, strikes me as somewhat exaggerated, but not too off base either, they really are almost unbelievably devout to their beliefs, but I wouldn't say they're evil, in the litteral sense either. More... flawed, a bit like the Asgardians, in a way.

I'm guessing we might see the other side of the story in the coming issues - what the issue with the Asgardians that the Angels actually have.

We mostly saw one side of the story here, where we heard the grieving words of a mother that had lost her child - of course her murderers will appear evil.

( ok, I gotta' admit... no matter how you look at it, there is a certain cruelty there... either killing a new-born, or making a mother THINK you did, is either way, a very bad thing to do. Odin have done many bad things, but he would NEVER do such a thing - in fact, we KNOW he won't - instead of killing Loki, when he had defeated his father, he took him in, and raised him as his own.)
    That does sound pretty close, both Asgard and Spawn versions of Heven. I think this will work.

Spectacular Member

Well, the initial issue doesn't do much of anything other than set up what's to come; it's definitely an introduction to the story. One thing is does have is a rather bizarre statement by Odin, indicating that the "Odin force must rise within" before he can use it--as if it's not his own power. That bit rubbed me wrong but otherwise there was little to complain about since this issue really had next to nothing in it. A few bits and pieces that people have already picked out; hopefully the story gets much better, quickly.

I'm not a fan of Bianchi's art but I'll wait and see how it looks in the upcoming issues.

Quote Originally Posted by pugbuddy View Post
    Well, the initial issue doesn't do much of anything other than set up what's to come; it's definitely an introduction to the story. One thing is does have is a rather bizarre statement by Odin, indicating that the "Odin force must rise within" before he can use it--as if it's not his own power. That bit rubbed me wrong but otherwise there was little to complain about since this issue really had next to nothing in it. A few bits and pieces that people have already picked out; hopefully the story gets much better, quickly.

I'm not a fan of Bianchi's art but I'll wait and see how it looks in the upcoming issues.
    I'm not sure why this is important. Sometime Odin gets tired, and has to go into the Odin Sleep to regain the Odin Power. Maybe he's just ready to for his afternoon nap and it takes a while to power up.