View Poll Results: What grade would you give this issue?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 out of 5 [A+/A]

3 13.64%
  • 4 out of 5 [A-/B+]

9 40.91%
  • 3 out of 5 [B/B-/C+/C]

8 36.36%
  • 2 out of 5 [C-/D+]

1 4.55%
  • 1 out of 5 [D/D-/F]

1 4.55%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

I think this is fantastic! Seeing Thor and Loki team up is pure awesome, in my view, and I thought this got out of the gate with a really fun, action packed start, and the banter between the two brothers was alone worth the cost of the comic. Fantastic art too, as always. I loved some of Loki's facial expressions here, and it's also good to see some of the emotional fallout from AoA # 5 carrying over into this for him. He seemed in a way eager to help Thor out as a way of getting his mind off of the whole thing too.
    Last edited by cosmicjoke21; 07-09-2014 at 06:52 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Odin could have easily had all records of the 10th realm struck from the records and with no
    physical way to get there, how would anyone from Thor's era know of its existence?

He has mindwiped the entire population of Asgard before (when the Celestials came and beat them all up-Odin made them forget any of it happened) so its not hard to imagine Odin doing it again.

Maybe the Norn and Hela would have avoided being mindwiped, but they wouldn't give out info
    to the Asgardians either.
    Didn't he also erase all records of the Serpent's (his brother from Fear Itself) existence?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Excellent with this much negativity surrounding her I'm hopeful she's off to Limbo hanging out with the Malibu characters. In truth I'm rather disappointed she needs to be part of a preexisting Marvel family she now seems more of a fan fic creation than with her own identity.
    They have stated when they bought her that they are keeping her past intact with tweaks to make her work in Marvel. They are only not allowed to mention Spawn. I personally love the idea of a pure-blood Asgardian raised as an angel. There is a TON of promise here if handled right. She could still house a collection of souls as well. In GOtG when she gave Jean the "look" Bendis said there was a reason. She may have some soul pieces of Classic Grey in her too. Again, speculation but for me she could be a powerful addition to the female Marvel staple. I really hope the flesh her out fully.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Great 1st issue! Beyond the connection to the Original Sin mini, this picks right up after issue 5 of Loki: AoA, and has pieces of what occurred in Thor 24. I definitely feel as if I am reading an issue of Loki or Thor an not some off to the side mini-series. Aaron and Ewing have grafted a great start to this story that fully links what has gone before and laid a good foundation for this next chapter. And I don't feel as if I'm missing my monthly Loki series!

I like that that Angela is a child of Odin and Freyja and not Odin and the 10th realm queen or some such. It helps to tie her in stronger to the lives of Asgard and Thor and Loki. Now whether she cares to claim that family connection remains to be seen, but I like where this is going so far. I'm looking forward to the up coming issues where they flesh out her full origin and development and then to see her interact with Thor and Loki.

The art by Garbett is great (I love his work on Loki: AoA), and the 10th realm art by Bianchi will bring this beautiful classical artistic feel to the art, enhancing the "angelic" realm. I'm in for the entire series!!
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Lokis ominous comment at the end portends that Thor will not meet his sister in this mini series: that Thor will only get more questions.

I would love to find out what the war was about, and what this Tenth World is to Asgard. After all, Odin made the 9 worlds (or 10), so why couldn't Odin just change the world to his liking? Why did Odin make this Angel Queen Aldrif and let here galavant around like she was some sort of Surtur, the Fire god? What was the problem between Heven and Odin?

There would also have to be a suspicion that the baby was unkillable and that's why Aldrif wanted to hide her away from Odin. But then what do you do with your enemies child? Was she bullied her whole life, or was she brought up to hate the family of Odin? Maybe like what Odin did with Loki, Aldrif marginalised Thors sister to be an outcast : not one of the true blood of Angels? Makes sense Thors sister is unkillable after the fight with Gamora and was defeated, yet she rose up so quickly?
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-09-2014 at 11:32 PM.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Lokis ominous comment at the end portends that Thor will not meet his sister in this mini series: that Thor will only get more questions.

I would love to find out what the war was about, and what this Tenth World is to Asgard. After all, Odin made the 9 worlds (or 10), so why couldn't Odin just change the world to his liking? Why did Odin make this Angel Queen Aldrif and let here galavant around like she was some sort of Surtur, the Fire god? What was the problem between Heven and Odin?

There would also have to be a suspicion that the baby was unkillable and that's why Aldrif wanted to hide her away from Odin. But then what do you do with your enemies child? Was she bullied her whole life, or was she brought up to hate the family of Odin? Maybe like what Odin did with Loki, Aldrif marginalised Thors sister to be an outcast : not one of the true blood of Angels? Makes sense Thors sister is unkillable after the fight with Gamora and was defeated, yet she rose up so quickly?
    These are all great questions, some of which I had running through my mind while reading the issue. I can't wait to see how much is answered and revealed!
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    I came into this for Angela. Im glad we learned a bit about her origin, but Im more interested in the tenth realm itself, how Andrif became Angela and what all this craziness about nothing of nothing is all about. Also, how was Odin able to erase all records about the tenth realm. Thor has been alive this long without even hearing a myth, legend, or rumor about it?
    How what became what? Where was this revealed?

I really need to pick up this issue/mini. Wasn't sure about Angela, but came to like her in GotG.

How what became what? Where was this revealed?
    Aldrif is not the name of the Queen of Angels. It is the name of Odin and Freya's daughter, the Queen of Angels confirms this when she confronts them her first words being "Sweet Aldrif. Your heir." while holding the child. The Queen of Angels seemed to kill her but actualy kidnapped and raised as Angela.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    Aldrif is not the name of the Queen of Angels. It is the name of Odin and Freya's daughter, the Queen of Angels confirms this when she confronts them her first words being "Sweet Aldrif. Your heir." while holding the child. The Queen of Angels seemed to kill her but actualy kidnapped and raised as Angela.
    Tehn how did she get mixed up in Spawn's universe? Or did Age of Ultron just retcon it so she was in 616 all along?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Tehn how did she get mixed up in Spawn's universe? Or did Age of Ultron just retcon it so she was in 616 all along?
    Probably going to be explained later, that was just what was in this issue from what Freya saw and what we already know. What happened since I expect Thor to find out in subsequent issues, they only got there at the end of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    i assume all the Spawn stuff is out the window. why would it still be cannon? that would be like Marvel telling you, 'oh you want to read past adventures of Angela? then go to another comic company'. they're not gonna do that.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    i assume all the Spawn stuff is out the window. why would it still be cannon? that would be like Marvel telling you, 'oh you want to read past adventures of Angela? then go to another comic company'. they're not gonna do that.
    It is possible to make a reference to Angela's stint in Spawn's universe without naming him. The handbooks name the JLA as "an extradimensional league of heroes" whenever their MU appearance in JLA/Avengers is mentioned.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    Then why is the baby now called Angela? I completely misread that, if that is the case.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Then why is the baby now called Angela?
    That's what we're going to find out in the next issue. The Queen likes the name, apparently, and it symbolizes a break from her Asgardian roots.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES