Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Okay, when it comes to Arkham Knight, I do kind of have to agree with the assessment that it so radically changed the status quo that it's comparable to Mass Effect 3, though not to the same extent. Mostly, the game so wasted the premises of a United Batfamily defending Gotham, Jason Todd as an adversary with a mystery, United villains cooperating, Harley operating as the Joker's successor, Etc. Still, I can see options...

Option 1- Batman: Arkham Reborn. (Inspiration: Batman RIP and Batman Inc.)

Dick Grayson is the player character, as Batman. There's some ambiguity as to what his actual motivation is for wearing the suit at first, though it's soon solved when we find out that someone is deploying multiple "replacement Batmen" with lethal moves, kind of combining the evil Batman idea you guys have had with Morrison's 3 Batmen idea. Dick effectively manages to defeat them while also recruiting Jason and Tim into an alliance, with the former founding the Outlaws while the latter forms the Outsiders. Ultimately, it's revealed that Dick is working side by side with Bruce to create...Batman Inc. Jason and Tim both figured something was going on, but it's revealed to the audience when Catwoman tracks Bruce down while he's gearing up in another country (possible DLC fodder).

Most of the villains in the game are second generation (Emperor Penguin, Fright, female Scarface, the Jokerz street gang), or first gen villains coming to grips with a new world, like Two Face and Mad Hatter actually starting to heal and reform thanks to Bruce secretly taking over the running of a rebuilt Arkham, or Bane abdandining the conquest of Gotham while still being a villain. We find out that the Demon organization is in a 3-way civil war between Nyssa (generally accepted heir), Dusan (vengeful Ra's loyalists), and Talia (sneaky Leviathan). Damian, Cass and Steph are all introduced, and the final boss is one of the extremist Batmen abandoning their nominal heroism and becoming the Wrath.

Option 2- Batman: Arkham At Large. (Inspiration: Long Halloween, Dark Tomorrow, Heat, Mask of the Phantasm)

It's three or four years into Bruce's career, and it's the most brutally hot summer in Gotham City on record. Harvey Dent has just turned into Two-Face and Bruce is trying to track him down while simultaneously having to deal with both the Holiday serial killings and the final war between the old school mob and the freaks. Over the course of a single week, Batman and Robin have to deal with all of this, plus the return of Bruce's old flame Andrea Beaumont, who Dick immediately realizes has some ulterior motives.

The biggest thing about the game is that you use Detective Vision for all cases and you have to solve them to progress each plot thread. The Holiday killings tie into the Mob v Freaks war, and Bruce becomes aware for the first time that someone's screwing around in Arkham because Harvey clearly got worse; this mission has Joker's only appearance as he actually stays in his cell the entire time, though he's got Harley committing murders. About Andrea; here, she's a brunette with a familiar voice and accent, and you'll realize why after a side mission as Catwoman to steal some of her stuff triggers the final nights: Andrea Beaumont is Talia Al Ghul, and they capture Bruce in his own mansion and cave, so Catwoman and Robin have to realize as him for the fight against Ra's.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Doesn't have to be.
    A lighter tone would make it... what's the term again? Oh yeah. Stand out!

What? Like Deathstroke?
    Dick Grayson didn't fight any Teen Titans villains when he was Batman in the comics.
    I wasn't bashing your idea I meant since Batman villains had serious and gritty tones to them so the villains in your game would be in contrast a lot more lighter some like from the Teen Titans cartoons (Control Freak, Mad Mod, Killer Moth (it could explain whys hes been absent in the Arkham games, Mumbo Jumbo) serious but still comical versions of them.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Okay, when it comes to Arkham Knight, I do kind of have to agree with the assessment that it so radically changed the status quo that it's comparable to Mass Effect 3, though not to the same extent. Mostly, the game so wasted the premises of a United Batfamily defending Gotham, Jason Todd as an adversary with a mystery, United villains cooperating, Harley operating as the Joker's successor, Etc. Still, I can see options...
    I do too and your options sound great. I think Bruce secretly rebuilding or financing a new Asylum is very interesting.

In my idea, I was thinking about naming the game either Arkham Legend or Arkham Night (lol) where a few of the villains are using the buildings on Arkham Island as hideouts: Riddler and Enigma in Arkham Mansion (rename Enigma/Nygma Mansion), Emperor Blackgate in Botanical Garden (where he and scientist are combining Penguin's last vital of TITAN with Poison Ivy's plants), Black Mask II in Intensive Treatment (holding his last hostages for his escape), Merrymaker and Harley Quinn in the Penitentiary (trying to recreate the Joker virus and testing it on subjects they kidnapped including a teenage girl who Harley thinks who be perfect to be a daughter of the Joker), and Bane, El Sombrero, and Brutale in the Medical Facility (using it as their lab for their drug cartel).
    Last edited by Mutant God; 05-16-2017 at 03:45 PM.

All-New Member

I think the Arkham Games is the quintessential version of Batman in any medium, minus some of the comics. The way the last game ended felt more complete and satisfying than the Dark Knight Trilogy. The one problem with comics in terms of storytelling is its never ending nature. Nolan tried to tell a complete story with a definite ending, however Arkham Asylum captured it better. On top of that the game play is so much fun.
    From here I think Rock Steady should try to utilize other DC Heros or maybe Batman Beyond. It makes sense with its expanding game play.

That sounds kind of cool, kind of like the Spider-Man: Web of Shadows game where theres multiple endings depending on who you choose throughout the game. Also Azrael in the Arkhamverse is Lane not Valley.
    If you're going to steal from Spider-man, let's steal from Shattered Dimensions.

Villain gets a hold of ... something ... that threatens reality and various different Batman have to work to stop him in various worlds. We could have the Arkham-verse Batman, Adam West Batman, Neal Adams Batman, Beyond, Vampire, whatever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I wasn't bashing your idea I meant since Batman villains had serious and gritty tones to them so the villains in your game would be in contrast a lot more lighter some like from the Teen Titans cartoons (Control Freak, Mad Mod, Killer Moth (it could explain whys hes been absent in the Arkham games, Mumbo Jumbo) serious but still comical versions of them.
    Villains, Batman's and others, are as serious as you choose to make them. I have nopt watched one episode of any Titans cartoon (they weren't on tv overhere) but the comicbook Titans are not lacking in villains that make your average Batman-villain wet his pants.
    But I was refering more to Batman's personality when I said "lighter".

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    If you're going to steal from Spider-man, let's steal from Shattered Dimensions.

Villain gets a hold of ... something ... that threatens reality and various different Batman have to work to stop him in various worlds. We could have the Arkham-verse Batman, Adam West Batman, Neal Adams Batman, Beyond, Vampire, whatever.
    Sure why not they already have those alternate DLC costumes so why not make a storyline out of those attires. Also we get different versions of villains too.

Villains, Batman's and others, are as serious as you choose to make them. I have not watched one episode of any Titans cartoon (they weren't on tv overhere) but the comicbook Titans are not lacking in villains that make your average Batman-villain wet his pants.
    But I was refering more to Batman's personality when I said "lighter".
    Oh, so the villains would be just as gritty and creepy but Dick would make jokes about them unless I'm misreading again?

BANNED

Oh, so the villains would be just as gritty and creepy but Dick would make jokes about them unless I'm misreading again?
    Did you read the comics back when Dick Grayson was Batman?

And there is an entire world between the ridiculous grimdark of the Arkham series and making jokes about the villains.

I mean, Nightwing was in Arkham Knight. You played that one then you know the difference between Bruce and Dick in attitude, and what I mean by lighter.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't know what story a fifth Arkham game can have but I would like one with the Court of Owls being the main villains. We can get villains that haven't appeared in the series yet like Maxie Zeus, Magpie, Dollmaker, Count Vertigo, Clock King.

I like the idea of moving forward and playing as Dick Grayson becoming the new batman.

Did you read the comics back when Dick Grayson was Batman?

And there is an entire world between the ridiculous grimdark of the Arkham series and making jokes about the villains.

I mean, Nightwing was in Arkham Knight. You played that one then you know the difference between Bruce and Dick in attitude, and what I mean by lighter.

I don't think I have.

Who would be the main antagonist in your idea?

BANNED

I don't think I have.
    Well, that explains it then.

Who would be the main antagonist in your idea?
    Could be any of them, really.
    Ra's and Talia Al Ghûl are always fun.
    Deathstroke, obviously, is a major candidate.
    People seem to like these Owl guys.

Joker would be great, seeing him trying to get under Batlman's skin like usual and utterly failing, but he's dead.

Well, that explains it then.
    Explains what?

Could be any of them, really.
    Ra's and Talia Al Ghûl are always fun.
    Deathstroke, obviously, is a major candidate.
    People seem to like these Owl guys.

Joker would be great, seeing him trying to get under Batman's skin like usual and utterly failing, but he's dead.
    You don't have Joker but you still have Harley, and with Deadshot and Deathstroke still around in the game you could also have Suicide Squad.

Spectacular Member

Even though its been said that Knight would be the last game, I still think there is lots to do with unused characters and storylines to draw inspiration from.

I have an idea (plus some more in-depth ideas) for the story, which includes "Batman (the new Bat vigilante from Arkham Knight's ending) being framed for murder of a wanted killer, being hunted by the police and their new commissioner, Ellen Yindel, while uncovering a conspiracy to discredit, or even assassinate, Mayor Jim Gordon and his campaign opponent for re-election Lincoln March who is being protected by a small time militia group called Leviathan."

Is there any way you would or could continue the Arkham series?
    Joker could reappear in any form; look at what happened in Injustice 2, Batman Beyond, and the Arkham Knight, so even though he's supposed to be dead, it's definitely not impossible for him to reappear. I would like it, though, if he didn't appear as the main antagonist. Wouldn't it be nice if old Joker decided to help out Batman and company for some reason? Sure, it would probably all be part of some elaborate trick, but it's fun to play as Joker.

Batman could be facing a crisis situation and might have to face off against enemies like Owlman, Nekron, Dr. Manhattan, and / or Darkseid. That would certainly explain how Joker came back, and it might justify a brief team-up. It would also provide added tension, since Jason Todd would probably still be after the Joker (although technically Todd would be on Batman's team). I wonder under what circumstances if any, would Jason Todd and Joker working together be believable. I guess Joker could disguise himself (the players would know who he was, and he would still get to use all of his classic banter during game play, but Batman and company wouldn't know--well maybe Batman would, until the big reveal and probably betrayal).

There are a lot of possibilities for other games, but Joker can carry the most creative schemes, and I don't think any of the other characters can.

Here's a possibility for Joker's return. Dr. Manhattan, in the process of a much larger scheme, goes back in time and changes events so that Joker and Batman both take the antidote. Problem solved; Joker's back. A much bigger problem, however, is probably created, because now Batman and company have to face some very powerful enemies. Plus, Joker's a wildcard; he can't be trusted even when he is on your team.
    Last edited by kcomics; 05-20-2017 at 02:11 PM.

Incredible Member

Videogame makers all the time say they'll never make another. Halo 3 was going to be the final one and Gears Of War 3 and all sorts of game series that got more installments. Just like rock bands going on farewell tours in the '90s who are still playing today.

They can make another Arkham game for no reason, that completely ignores the previous ones and makes no attempt to explain what happened between em and still make a boatload of cash. Don't be surpsied if you see another Arkham game. Or if like Origins, another company takes up the torch.