Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What happened to Eva bell and the trials of beast thing?

Anyone know what happened with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Grym King 420 View Post
    Brian Michael Bendis.

Hank's "trial" is what happened on Uncanny 600. No one cares about Eva Bell.

Incredible Member

Nothing happened.

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grym King 420 View Post
    *dies laughing... almost literally .... cannot stop laughing*

*wipes tears from eyes*

OMG, you thought Marvel cared about following through w/ plot threads or continuity?? That ended a few years ago, pal!
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

Like anything that Bendis writes, Nothing.

BANNED

I don't know her.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

She kidnapped Cyclops and made him her love slave, I guess.

Though it was odd that she apparently had a family yet when she initially returned she was crushing hard on Cyclops still.

BANNED

I bet Bendis uses her when he does the FF.

She quit the team near the end of the series after retgonning another mutant, IIRC.

BANNED

Simply put, Eva gained a story breaking power upgrade that makes her impossible to use.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I kind of like that concept of introducing a new character during a book, them sticking around and having experiences adventures for a while, and then suddenly their power just spirals so out of control that they kind of render themselves unuseable ever again and just vanish. It's a cool idea sort of. It's basically what Bendis tried doing with Malloy but in the case of Eva Bell he pulled it off way better, even if it accidentally.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I hope Marvel is keeping her on the back pocket as a way to eventually bring Cyclops back. But the problem with Eva is that she is too powerful, they should have stop on the stoping time thing, teleporting and travel back in time is to op and can ultimatelly become a plot device only, I'm pretty sure that now that Soule is out of the Inhumans line, Reader is going to quickly forgotten too.

Mighty Member

I always liked Eva, her design was cool and her time minipulation powers were awsome. I don't get why people have a problem with her powers considering Magik has basically the same abilities plus high level magic powers too. I think the Eva hate comes from the fact that she turned against Cyclops. When she first joined she was crushing on Cyke hard; a teacher's pet and dutiful follower. Then later after coming back from the future she became more hardened and independent, was more willing to question and not blindly follow. Then the Matthew Malloy arc happened, she threatened Cyclops and left to strike out on her own. After that she was right up there with Beast as most hated by the Cyke fans. But I hope she comes back, if not in an x-book then another one. Too good a character to remain in limbo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    I always liked Eva, her design was cool and her time minipulation powers were awsome. I don't get why people have a problem with her powers considering Magik has basically the same abilities plus high level magic powers too. I think the Eva hate comes from the fact that she turned against Cyclops. When she first joined she was crushing on Cyke hard; a teacher's pet and dutiful follower. Then later after coming back from the future she became more hardened and independent, was more willing to question and not blindly follow. Then the Matthew Malloy arc happened, she threatened Cyclops and left to strike out on her own. After that she was right up there with Beast as most hated by the Cyke fans. But I hope she comes back, if not in an x-book then another one. Too good a character to remain in limbo.
    It had little to do with her turning on Cyclops. Her sanctimoniousness and self-righteousness is what ultimately turned readers against her. And while Yana may be able to time travel, she still understands the "rules," IE not mucking around with the timeline. Eva outright said she'll do whatever she wants and damn the consequences; IE her threat to wipe Scott from history if he does something she doesn't like.

Y'know, even though that would pretty much screw reality over BIG time.