Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Spectacular Member

Default Superman/Convergence Question

With the changes, this Superman is now less a pre-flashpoint Superman and more a new Superman. What does it mean for Convergence, did that happen at all

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adamishere1 View Post
    With the changes, this Superman is now less a pre-flashpoint Superman and more a new Superman. What does it mean for Convergence, did that happen at all
    Clark made mention that his memories of his pre-Flashpoint life were fading in the two-parter "The New World", so in a roundabout way, it still happened, and there are other dimensional characters who will remember that it did, like Oz, Mxyzptlk and Manhattan...but the main heroes of the DC world will not recollect it, the Kents and Jon included.

Come to think of it...I wonder if Tim still remembers the pre-Reborn universe since he is an Oz prisoner?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adamishere1 View Post
    Nothing in Convergence happened, from Lois and Clark being able to give birth because of the bottled city and superman without powers to Jon being born in a bat cave, all of that is out continuity now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Nothing in Convergence happened, from Lois and Clark being able to give birth because of the bottled city and superman without powers to Jon being born in a bat cave, all of that is out continuity now.
    As far as some characters are concerned, yes, but not all necessarily.

Read my post above.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    As far as some characters are concerned, yes, but not all necessarily.

Read my post above.
    No, they made it clear none of that happened. Lois didn't give birth twice in the bat cave and in the ice fortress. They were never stuck in a bottled city. While the lois and clark mini happened, none of that convergence 2 parter would make sense in continuity now.

JMO everything happened.

Now the Golden Age stories were decided to have happened on Earth-2 to Kal-L back in the day so that's where they happened but all of Earth-1 Pre-Crisis, all of Post-Crisis, all of New 52, and all of Convergence happened.

Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow is a nice Elseworld or Imaginary Tale but it's a Parallel Earth to me because it was pretty obvious at the end of Crisis of the Infinite Earths Earth-1 Superman was the Superman of New Earth but time was also still adjusting to the new timeline and his timeline altered with it creating the Post-Crisis version of him and during Flashpoint somehow him and Lois were split into two creating the Convergence Superdad and New 52 Nuperman who are now merged back together. But yes IMO all version happened just the timeline has been changed at times changing them. I also think there is some credence to this Flash and Batman saw the Silver Age formation of the League and they said they didn't think it was an alternate earth but the past. So yes all eras are canon IMO how Superman and the DCU remembers the past is what changes.

No, they made it clear none of that happened. Lois didn't give birth twice in the bat cave and in the ice fortress. They were never stuck in a bottled city. While the lois and clark mini happened, none of that convergence 2 parter would make sense in continuity now.
    Yup. No way Convergence fits in any way shape or form on the Superman side of things. Its all gone. L&C was fit in via the "it happened but in a different way" deal, but Convergence was replaced outright. At least from the point of view of Superman, Lois, and Jon, and Earth-0 denizens. Perhaps other beings not native to the main Earth recall it, but as far as the aforementioned are concerned, it never happened.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-13-2017 at 11:43 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    At least from the point of view of Superman, Lois, and Jon, and Earth-0 denizens. Perhaps other beings not native to the main Earth recall it.
    That was my point. Mxy, Oz, maybe even Tim because he's an Oz prisoner, will recall the previous reality. Funny how it went over everyone's head.

I think it falls into that hazy "Yes, it did happen, but now has been altered so that it isn't remembered as happening the way we originally read it" zone. Parts of it still happened, but with revisions, and it may be a while before we know the final way things are changed (or not).
    ((Also may take a while before enough "revision-contradictions" pile up that may require DC to consider another Zero Hour 2.0.))