Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I imagine most BP fans would rather that he remain single. Others still, would rather that he marry anyone but Sersi, if he should marry. I get it.

But if the story was mine to tell, the matrimony and the intrigue would begin and end with Sersi. And it would be much more than a simple arc. It would be canon. There would be a melding of hearts; of states; of political and real power; of technology and all manner of advancement; of past and future fortune. There would be at least one child, certainly no more than three. There would be rumblings of war, threats of civil war and schisms, and heartbreak. But when the dust cleared, T'Challa would be king, and Sersi his queen. And with an elite force of militarily advanced Wakandans bolstered by an army of cosmically powered Eternals, woe betide anyone that dares challenge them and their beloved Wakanda.
    The way the MCU seems to just sort of combine things (Winter Soldier being White Wolf), maybe they could reveal Bast was Sersi all along. Afterall, in the MCU gods seem to be just powerful aliens (or at least that's how it was with the Asgardians).

Monica Rambeau, Spectrum

Lightbright

Spectacular Member

He shouldn't be married, it ages him and makes him less interesting, I don't want to be reading about my dad.

Sersi's off the table (not that she is ever going to be a contender anyway) because she's dead currently, thanks to the storyline in Avengers about the Eternals having committed mass suicide over learning their "true purpose" for being created.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Sersi's off the table (not that she is ever going to be a contender anyway) because she's dead currently, thanks to the storyline in Avengers about the Eternals having committed mass suicide over learning their "true purpose" for being created.
    Maybe off the table at this second ... but with an Eternals movie on the horizon I don't think we'll be saying that in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Amenra11 View Post
    He shouldn't be married, it ages him and makes him less interesting, I don't want to be reading about my dad.
    OMG not this argument again. This is that excuse Quesada used for Spider-Man.

I don't get this notion that people are only married at 40+. Marriage absolutely doesn't age someone.

However as a monarch and King of the most powerful nation in the world steeped in tradition his bride must be chosen with care if he ever marries.

The real reason people use that excuse is because they like to write people as single with issues or hooking up with a lot of different people. None of that really applies to Black Panther he's a head of state facing crisis normal heroes wouldn't face. He can have a wife that is integral to the stories off to the side or backgrounded while he goes on adventures.

Unlike Spider-Man we don't picture T'Challa being 16 forever (since Marvel won't let him grow up). You see T'Challa in almost all his incarnations as an adult male who could range from his late 20s to late 30s. Considering how wise Black Panther is generally portrayed you'd think he was a little older as he stands among his genius peers Reed Richards, Tony Stark, Hank Pym, Professor X etc.
    The J-man

Amazing Member

I rather he stay single but if he were to have a relationship then I hope it's not a marriage at least, can't see anyone who can be the queen of Wakanda

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    In comics, especially for Eternals, death is sometimes only the beginning.

And I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Sersi. I vaguely remember a story arc where she was going crazy. Some Eternal malady that affected her mind. To seek refuge, if I recall correctly, she inexplicably went to Wakanda. Why there of all places in the world? I might have missed an issue and my memory is fuzzy, but I don't think that was ever explained. Could it be that she subconsciously chose Wakanda because at one point that was her home? I wonder.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

I imagine most BP fans would rather that he remain single. Others still, would rather that he marry anyone but Sersi, if he should marry. I get it.

But if the story was mine to tell, the matrimony and the intrigue would begin and end with Sersi. And it would be much more than a simple arc. It would be canon. There would be a melding of hearts; of states; of political and real power; of technology and all manner of advancement; of past and future fortune. There would be at least one child, certainly no more than three. There would be rumblings of war, threats of civil war and schisms, and heartbreak. But when the dust cleared, T'Challa would be king, and Sersi his queen. And with an elite force of militarily advanced Wakandans bolstered by an army of cosmically powered Eternals, woe betide anyone that dares challenge them and their beloved Wakanda.
    I respect it!

I honestly haven't read enough Sersi material over the years to know how i'd take to her being T'Challa's end game but the premise certainly sounds fasicnating as fukk lol

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    OMG not this argument again. This is that excuse Quesada used for Spider-Man.

I don't get this notion that people are only married at 40+. Marriage absolutely doesn't age someone.

However as a monarch and King of the most powerful nation in the world steeped in tradition his bride must be chosen with care if he ever marries.
    Yeah, he's a king! Married or not, he's not a teenager, or 'callow youth,' and never going to be written as such.

How many teenaged/twenty-something rulers of nations do we have in the real world? For that matter, how many single folks? It's an older man's game, and the only time it makes sense for someone to be both the ruler of nation *and* free of all responsibilities to that state, is if they are in exile, or someone else (like a spouse!) is handling affairs of state. (And, in the case of someone like Namor, it at least makes sense that he is unwed because he's been widowed, more than once... or in the case of Doom, because his one true love is himself, and he's got room for nobody else in his cold steel heart.)

I love me some adult-responsibility-adjacent teen and twenty-something characters, with the Teen Titans, Young Justice, Young Avengers, Avengers Academy, Initiative, New X-Men and Legion of Super-Heroes among my absolute favorites, but T'Challa has never been such a character and occupies a very different niche. If anything, he could credibly be *older,* and yet still physically capable (thanks to the heart-shaped herb), and more of an 'elder statesman' to the super-hero community, like Captain America, and I'd totally approve of that.

He's an adult. He's pretty much always been an adult, and this is comic books, where people don't 'get too old' to superhero, thanks to super-soldier serums and infinity formulas and younger clone bodies and trips to Limbo that mess with one's chronological age, so there's no excuse for him not to be an adult.

At this point, the comic book readership has aged sufficiently that I don't think it would make a character 'unrelatable' to have them be in a stable relationship, or be married, and, frankly, I don't think that was ever really as big a deal as it was made out to be, since even when little kids primarily read superhero comics, they often had marriages in their life between family members (if not, in some cases, their parents, in their very home!), and marriages coming up in their future!

Many of us (sadly not all...) are well past the 'girls are icky' stage of sexual development, so I don't see how marrying a hero makes him 'unrelatable.'

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The way the MCU seems to just sort of combine things (Winter Soldier being White Wolf), maybe they could reveal Bast was Sersi all along. Afterall, in the MCU gods seem to be just powerful aliens (or at least that's how it was with the Asgardians).
    Hmmm...maybe? Or maybe they could establish that Monica Lynne was the real Sersi all along. Because Sprite has a bit of a viciously sinister mean streak when he arranges his "pranks" with Sersi in mind.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Hmmm...maybe? Or maybe they could establish that Monica Lynne was the real Sersi all along. Because Sprite has a bit of a viciously sinister mean streak when he arranges his "pranks" with Sersi in mind.
    If we're talking comics, I don't think you can really turn Monica into Sersi.

But in the movies they can pretty much so anything they want since neither character has debut yet.

Amazing Member

lol why Sersi, that is too random

Speaking of random: having played god of war, i'd be more interested in BP having a superpowered preteen son and seeing the father/son dynamics of it.

But that's too far a gap to get too anytime soon unless they go a damian wayne secret baby route. Ah well