Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member marcotheblerd's Avatar

I dont think he should marry anybody. he can have romances and stuff, but I feel like whoever he married, would just piss people off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    The level of disrespect of this post.

So the woman that would murder wakandan children in cold blood should be the wife of T'challa?

C'mon.

The answer will never happen, but Dc's Vixen fits the bill. Honestly, Storm is the only answer. She becomes more than just a mutant this way. I really hate that she can't be an option because if the choice had her involved, she'd win by a landslide. I honestly can't think of another female of color that could work.

The last time Storm started becoming more than just a mutant the fans of mutants got really upset, let that sink in

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    The last time Storm started becoming more than just a mutant the fans of mutants got really upset, let that sink in
    Not too many people seemed to mind her in the Crew so far. It could simply be a matter of execution.

That said, there's always going to be potential issues with taking a character from an existing franchise. It really is easier to just create your own love interest that the writer has full control over.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Not too many people seemed to mind her in the Crew so far. It could simply be a matter of execution.

That said, there's always going to be potential issues with taking a character from an existing franchise. It really is easier to just create your own love interest that the writer has full control over.

You know there's a reason as to why she's been more accepted outside the mutants by X-Men fans now as opposed to then

Whoever becomes T'challa's wife doesn't just become "his wife" they become the Queen of Wakanda. I don't think there is anybody in the MU that could and still can handle that role as good as Storm did.
    After reading Priest's run on Black Panther, I can truly said I've learned nothing, but I remember everything!
    I'm back from the Djailia!
    Since D9 exists in the MU, T'challa is definitely an Alpha! (Don't Debate me)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marcotheblerd View Post
    I dont think he should marry anybody. he can have romances and stuff, but I feel like whoever he married, would just piss people off.
    He's a king.
    Getting properly married and having at least one kid is pretty much the first part of the job desctiption, and the only part he can not delegate.

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    Whoever becomes T'challa's wife doesn't just become "his wife" they become the Queen of Wakanda. I don't think there is anybody in the MU that could and still can handle that role as good as Storm did.
    A BP writer can theoretically create a character who can do the job. But yeah .... on paper topping Storm is kinda tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    He's a king.
    Getting properly married and having at least one kid is pretty much the first part of the job desctiption, and the only part he can not delegate.
    In story, that's certainly true. So the character and Wakanda in general probably do want to push him to have an heir.

But in a meta sense T'Challa will likely never REALLY die or even age, so the need is purely narrative.

Storm the only female character that would make perfect logical sense for him to be with.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Storm the only female character that would make perfect logical sense for him to be with.
    Strictly speaking it would probably make the most logical sense for him to be with an actual Wakandan woman (though it would probably need to be a brand new character if they went that route).

But in comics, it's often funner for comic book characters to NOT strictly do the most logical thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Except that already were married, and that turned out to have been a terrible idea.

Ultimate Member

Since they are all under the same company banner (or sorts)

Olivia Pope. Final episode of Scandal has her leave to go to an African kingdom since she can't have the President with baggage.

Next week in Black Panther #25- she arrives as the bride of BP.

Or just marry Black Mariah to annoy Luke Cage.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Since they are all under the same company banner (or sorts)

Olivia Pope. Final episode of Scandal has her leave to go to an African kingdom since she can't have the President with baggage.

Next week in Black Panther #25- she arrives as the bride of BP.

Or just marry Black Mariah to annoy Luke Cage.
    I having a feeling T'Challa marrying Black Mariah would annoy a lot more people than just Luke Cage.

I think i puked in my mouth after i read what you wrote olivia ope?! Hell no

In all honesty i cant think of a woman in the marvel universe good enough to be T'challa's wife.maybe their women in the mu good enough to be his jumpoffs are 1 night stand but not wife.That goes double for strom.I still dont see why people think that she was good enough to be black panthers queen.