Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    He's a king.
    Getting properly married and having at least one kid is pretty much the first part of the job desctiption, and the only part he can not delegate.
    Plenty of kings in history never married so i dont see your point

Does he need a wife? I mean, character can be interesting, compelling, thoughtful etc without a spouse.

Though if he did ever marry again... I want it to be Storm.

Frank Castle

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    A BP writer can theoretically create a character who can do the job. But yeah .... on paper topping Storm is kinda tough.
    The problem with creating a new character is getting future BP writers to keep using the newly created character as a love interest...and BP writers have been known to kill off BP characters in their runs for whatever reasons. What if a new BP writer didn't like the love interest for T'Challa that the previous BP writer created?

But I agree with you and mbeezy...there is no better woman in the Marvel Universe for Black Panther than Storm. There IS another woman I think would be a terrific fit for Black Panther, but she's literally in another universe (Vixen).

Except that already were married, and that turned out to have been a terrible idea.
    I don't think it was a terrible idea at all. I do think the writing/handling of the marriage by some writers and editors was terrible and unprofessional, though.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 06-02-2017 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    The problem with creating a new character is getting future BP writers to keep using the newly created character as a love interest...and BP writers have been known to kill off BP characters in their runs for whatever reasons. What if a new BP writer didn't like the love interest for T'Challa that the previous BP writer created?

But I agree with you and mbeezy...there is no better woman in the Marvel Universe for Black Panther than Storm. There IS another woman I think would be a terrific fit for Black Panther, but she's literally in another universe (Vixen).
    That's the potential risk of any relationship I suppose. One writer may like something, but the next may not. And frankly the risky thing with a Storm relationship is that the chances of a given writer not liking the pairing with T'CHalla is doubled because you need both the X-office and the BP writers on board.

All a writer can do is stick them together and HOPE you do a good enough job that readers and other writers will get on board. Sometimes relationships can work... like Bendis with Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. And sometimes they don't, like when Remender tried pairing up Havoc and Wasp in Uncanny Avengers.

You know what on second though i would love to seepanther paired with a white or non black woman for the $h!ts and giggles.lmao

Quote Originally Posted by TalibanGodTrapjesusOfjerusalem View Post
    You know what on second though i would love to seepanther paired with a white or non black woman for the $h!ts and giggles.lmao
    She's been paired with non black women a few times. In college he dated Ross' girlfriend Nikki Adams (small world). And in the Marvel Zombies universe he married and had a child with a mutant Acolyte named Lisa Hendricks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xargukon View Post
    I'm on board with Namora. That would be quite entertaining, especially if it gave him a claim to Atlantis throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I'm going with Black Swan. She may not be black but her name has the word "black" which matches "black" Panther's code name.

She also has white hair like Storm and she is also a princess.

Well I say you want someone Fox doesn't own so no Storm.
    Which leaves the two above as best qualified in the sense that they are Princesses.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    She's been paired with non black women a few times. In college he dated Ross' girlfriend Nikki Adams (small world). And in the Marvel Zombies universe he married and had a child with a mutant Acolyte named Lisa Hendricks.
    I knew about nikki but its the first im hearing about this lisa hendricks

I knew about nikki but its the first im hearing about this lisa hendricks
    Alternate reality, so she technically doesn't count.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Lisa_He...s_(Earth-2149)

Ultimate Member

I think i puked in my mouth after i read what you wrote olivia ope?! Hell no
    Well she is a problem solver, now would she solve it is another story.

I having a feeling T'Challa marrying Black Mariah would annoy a lot more people than just Luke Cage.
    Why? Can't fat women find love too beside Faith at Valiant?

Spectacular Member

Doctor Doom obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well she is a problem solver, now would she solve it is another story.

Why? Can't fat women find love too beside Faith at Valiant?
    Now that you mention it, I wonder if some might have issues with T'Challa dating someone who doesn't resemble a super model.

But honestly I was thinking the objection stemmed more from him.hooking up with a relative c list street criminal.

Except that already were married, and that turned out to have been a terrible idea.
    Terrible idea, and terrible execution are two totally different things my feiend the marriage suffered greatly from the latter.