Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Incredible Member

The marriage suffered from complaints. Nothing more nothing less. The pairing was amazing and she is in T'challa's history when they were little. Storm is an equal and independent woman. She was an amazing queen and one of the few mutants that give a shyt about others outside of her race. Making her a true hero with the likes of Beast, Jean, Angel, Cyclops (well...), Iceman and Nightcrawler. Mutant characters that can and have fought for the greater good of all people not just mutants. She has been shown to help Africa plenty of times gaining 2 mutant refugees and supplying an area with water with the help of Forge. She never needs to hang on to a man for help and is self sufficient.

Another thing just to add. I feel that writers don't really care to write the character. Shes become a little to powerful and falls in the realm of boring I would think. A lot of things that the X-men have dealt with could've been solved by her easily, but shes so dumbed down now I get why they only use her as an iconic draw for comics. I've bought so many books with her expecting some kind awesomeness, but turns out to be a ploy to upgrade some other character. Examples: Finally getting on X-force just to prop up Psylocke as THE woman of X-force. Getting on Uncanny X-men to prop up Cyclops and Emma then having no say in Schism whatsoever with Wolverine opposing Cyclops instead of her being the one to make an X-force team. Now handing Kitty the reigns to lead another X-team.

I guess at least she is used on a team, right? Yay!! I can see her throw lightning at random enemies and ignore all cunning and tenacity she used to have!! Woot!! In closing this version of Storm doesn't deserve to marry Panther let alone even be featured on an X team. I need Fantastic Four Storm back. I will save my money and just keep up with reviews until I get her.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Now that you mention it, I wonder if some might have issues with T'Challa dating someone who doesn't resemble a super model.

But honestly I was thinking the objection stemmed more from him.hooking up with a relative c list street criminal.
    If that is the case-a REAL writer can make it work.

The classic my family doesn't approve of my wife story.

And let her prove herself in some major story where she saves the day.

Or let someone challenge her for the marriage and let her win.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Well I say you want someone Fox doesn't own so no Storm.
    Which leaves the two above as best qualified in the sense that they are Princesses.
    If royalty's the ruling factor, he could marry Crystal - or even Medusa.

Amazing Member

This is an old thread but I gotta say, I always laugh at that cover. I wonder what people were thinking when it first came out. Susan Storm? Really? Was she not married at the time? Wtf. Most of them are just laughable, some T'challa never even met lol.

Break the Internet again. Have him and Carol Danvers in a relationship for a good while. They were both in the Ultimates, Avengers, etc.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 10-20-2018 at 11:27 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Break the Internet again. Have him and Carol Danvers in a relationship for a good while.
    Given their recent history, this could work.

don't ruin a good thing Marvel, ya already messed up Storm and Black Panther
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Break the Internet again. Have him and Carol Danvers in a relationship for a good while. They were both in the Ultimates, Avengers, etc.
    If both were single at the time, that might be cool. Next to Storm, it's probably the closest thing to a power couple Marvel could make.

But I wouldn't necessarily want to see them married or anything.

Ultimate Member

Rulers like Namor and T'Challa should marry natives of their country, who are politically connected and can run the kingdom when they are off adventuring. Someone who can do the actual *job* of being a King when they are too busy gallivanting off with their superhero buddies.

I don't want to read about T'Challa in eight hours a day of meetings with political leaders and faction heads and ambassadors and business leaders and whatever, yanno, actually doing the boring work of running Wakanda, so I'd prefer that he end up with someone who can do that for him, while he's being the Black Panther.

A wife who isn't just a Wakandan upper-class sort, but even perhaps from a rival faction, representing an actual 'political marriage' would be neat, because it could create a sense of conflict, if they want the best for Wakanda, but don't always agree on the best way to get there (and she might not always think that what is best for Wakanda, as a nation, is going to be what is optimal for the supremacy of the Panther tribe, in specific).

Are they still doing the T'Challa/Storm thing? Last time I heard about it the writers were trying to rekindle their relationship recently.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

That was mostly the BP writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

don't ruin a good thing Marvel, ya already messed up Storm and Black Panther
    Well in the current arc there’s a Nakia that greatly resembles her MCU counterpart, so I’m banking on her coming over to 616 once the story is over. Especially since Malice got killed off in Wakanda forever.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Sersi is the best possible answer here.

As one of the few Eternals that chose to live apart from that community, it wouldn't surprise me if her wanderlust brought her to Wakanda on more than one occasion over the many millenniums that she's been alive. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if Sersi was a seminal figure in the history of Wakanda. A woman whose ties to the king made her the antecedent of "The Adored Ones."

That's a story that writes itself. Plus, with the Eternals movie in the works, it's a no brainer to link the two franchises. Black Panther and the Eternals could become a thing, with T'Challa as King and Sersi as his Queen.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    That was mostly the BP writers.
    Yea, they need to chill out with that. It's embarrassing how one-sided it comes across with the back scratching, and ultimately it limits storytelling and character growth for BP if it's always the same wishy-washy narrative in-between long stretches of asexuality.

That BP is royalty, the richest man in the world, and leader of the avengers, there's a lot to explore if he were to date another high profile Avenger, or an eternal, or a deity, or another mutant (just kidding), or simply a new Wakandan character that offers a different viewpoint, like what Coogler did with Nakia.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well in the current arc there’s a Nakia that greatly resembles her MCU counterpart, so I’m banking on her coming over to 616 once the story is over. Especially since Malice got killed off in Wakanda forever.
    I get this impression as well. With what they're doing with Shuri in her solo/mini (and how they rectoned Okoye) just strengthens my impression that the movie is having a major influence. I think nuNakia will be joining the crew, and i wouldn't be surprised if M'Baku joins her or if current M'Baku hedges back into a more anti-hero/good guy persona, with a revamped look that doesn't have an ape suit. I'm all for BP/Nakia, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Sersi is the best possible answer here.

As one of the few Eternals that chose to live apart from that community, it wouldn't surprise me if her wanderlust brought her to Wakanda on more than one occasion over the many millenniums that she's been alive. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if Sersi was a seminal figure in the history of Wakanda. A woman whose ties to the king made her the antecedent of "The Adored Ones."

That's a story that writes itself. Plus, with the Eternals movie in the works, it's a no brainer to link the two franchises. Black Panther and the Eternals could become a thing, with T'Challa as King and Sersi as his Queen.
    Sersi being one of the first royal body-guards to the king centuries ago? Very interesting pitch, and the attraction and comraderie between Sersi and T'Challa as a result of that history, is the type of creative brainstorming i'd like to see more of. I personally don't want BP to get married again, or at least not anytime soon, but just story arcs like that would be fun before they eventually go their separate ways like most/all superhero couples do.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Sersi being one of the first royal body-guards to the king centuries ago? Very interesting pitch, and the attraction and comraderie between Sersi and T'Challa as a result of that history, is the type of creative brainstorming i'd like to see more of. I personally don't want BP to get married again, or at least not anytime soon, but just story arcs like that would be fun before they eventually go their separate ways like most/all superhero couples do.
    I imagine most BP fans would rather that he remain single. Others still, would rather that he marry anyone but Sersi, if he should marry. I get it.

But if the story was mine to tell, the matrimony and the intrigue would begin and end with Sersi. And it would be much more than a simple arc. It would be canon. There would be a melding of hearts; of states; of political and real power; of technology and all manner of advancement; of past and future fortune. There would be at least one child, certainly no more than three. There would be rumblings of war, threats of civil war and schisms, and heartbreak. But when the dust cleared, T'Challa would be king, and Sersi his queen. And with an elite force of militarily advanced Wakandans bolstered by an army of cosmically powered Eternals, woe betide anyone that dares challenge them and their beloved Wakanda.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin