Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default What are the chances of swamp thing rebirth series.

I personally would love it dc would bring back more elements of his vertigo series such as his daughter tefe Holland http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Tefé_Holland_(New_Earth) ... I like her character because she is also technicality that she also Constantine daughter considering swampy possessed him to do the deed with Abby.
    Last edited by Jovos2099; 05-13-2017 at 07:31 PM.

I don't know if I'd want a main-DCU Swamp Thing again.
    However, a Young Animal run featuring Tefe could work. Maybe group her up with Traci13, Tim Hunter and Klarion.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member

The Rebirth initiative has been more about DC's core characters. Swamp Thing has usually performed best when it's been a bit off beat and doing its own thing. It would probably fit better as part of the Young Animal imprint.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jovos2099 View Post
    I personally would love it dc would bring back more elements of his vertigo series such as his daughter tefe Holland http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Tefé_Holland_(New_Earth) ... I like her character because she is also technicality that she also Constantine daughter considering swampy possessed him to do the deed with Abby.
    Technically she doesn't exist anymore.

Fantastic Member

Lee Stone I like your idea.

Fantastic Member

I would like it if DC where to bring back Roy Harper's daughter Leann and put her on a team together with Damian Wayne Jon Kent and tefe and call it the superkids lol.

Maybe, if I recall his new 52 series was pretty successful and he's made some appearances throughout Rebirth series, not to mention he is probably gonna have a lot more attention come his way because of Injustice 2. I'm not sure who they would put on the book though.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I could see Tom King doing a Swamp Thing book at some point, outside his upcoming appearance in Batman.

He's the kind of character that I feel like will always have some kind of presence in the DCU and a book at some point.

His N52 runs are fairly well regarded so I think it's just a matter of time before DC finds somebody they feel can do him well again as a good follow-up on the Snyder/Soule stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Maybe, if I recall his new 52 series was pretty successful and he's made some appearances throughout Rebirth series, not to mention he is probably gonna have a lot more attention come his way because of Injustice 2. I'm not sure who they would put on the book though.
    I didn't care for the New52 version, myself.
    But then, I felt all the Vertigo/Dark characters suffered by being thrust back into the four-color world of superheroes.
    There was no illusion of isolation that's required for a Vertigo-type book when everyone's guest-starring and crossing over all willy-nilly.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    But then, I felt all the Vertigo/Dark characters suffered by being thrust back into the four-color world of superheroes.
    There was no illusion of isolation that's required for a Vertigo-type book when everyone's guest-starring and crossing over all willy-nilly.
    There was ONE big crossover from the more core DC characters

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Technically she doesn't exist anymore.
    So? Wally West didn't exist back when the New Fifty Two started, and will you look at that, he's in the Titans book. They can bring back Tefe

Also if the book is published at Young Animal, it doesn't exactly have to obey continuity. Remember that the Vertigo Hellblazer ran simultaneously with the New Fifty Two, up until 2013, even with the Younger John Constantine in
    Justice League Dark, and so maybe that's DC can do with a Swamp Thing title, it doesn't need to be part of continuity.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

What I would think to be the ideal situation for a Swamp Thing is for it to be published at Young Animal and being largely separate from the DC universe, but maybe have some familiar DC characters pop in every few issues here or there.

Invincible Member

I think Swamp Thing can work in the main universe ( after all, that's where he was when Moore took over), but I agree with what most folks have said, that he works best in is own corner. His world should be occupied by the Changing Girls and Phantom Strangers, team ups with the Flash should be rare.

Invincible Member

I don't know if I'd want a main-DCU Swamp Thing again.
    However, a Young Animal run featuring Tefe could work. Maybe group her up with Traci13, Tim Hunter and Klarion.
    This is actually a pretty fun idea.