Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spencermalley935 View Post
    The Animated Series and the Arkham games beat him to it.
    The animated series did Over the Edge, this and NoMansLand made me like him more. Like a lot more and I think him saying Bruja in the games was pretty cool.

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

He never expresses any emotion of betrayal
    The way he lays into Batman after he tells him about being kicked out of the league's a pretty clear expression to me

we have no real reason to sympathize with his goal
    Which would be an issue if he were actually meant to be a sympathetic villain from which you could see his point of view but he's not and was never intended to be such a thing.

Why would they have to?
    Because you need it to substantiate this knee jerk reaction. Talia clearly does not consider Bane a henchman, subordinate or inferior and even if she technically has a higher standing in the league because of her heritage, She obviously lets him run on a very long leash.

No, but it's not convincing in any way
    Good thing hes not actually trying to convince anyone outside of the Blackate prisoners then.

but ignoring it is a sour aspect of an already diminished characterization.
    Can it really be "whitewashing" if the character is mainly drawn as being Caucasian which Bane usually is?

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

The animated series did Over the Edge,
    He's still basically just a super-strong thug in that episode just like he is in all of the DCAU.