Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    This is BS. I went to that poster's feed after they made the claim "thousands of my followers attacked them". It was 5 people on twitter. 5.
    I get worse than that every damn day on Twitter.
    I get worse than that on the internet in general.
    Surprise: Sometimes from regular visitors from the crawlspace. GO FIGURE.
    It's why my Wiki page has a lock on it and only Wiki moderators can make changes, because MULTIPLE crawlspace regulars kept going over there to vandalize it.
    Interesting tactic--flipping it so somehow you are the aggrieved and injured party in that case. It's more than a little transparent.

5 people on Twitter, ok. Do you only have 5 followers on Twitter?

Except for the times when on other boards (guess which ones) where he's talked about causing me physical harm. Wacker called him out on that-- shortly before he was banned on that site.
    I seriously doubt this happened, do you have a link?

I asked for my account to be deleted because of the rude, insulting, and toxic behavior from members and mods on that site. Behavior that the mods on there would not clamp down on.
    Some of the worst has been deleted. But you won't see Metomorphosis/cheesedique call that out for gaslighting. SHOCKING! I know.
    Both you and the person you were arguing with got reprimanded in that case. It's right there in the thread. Why are you making it all about someone else?

You asked me if I was autistic or had aspergers (literally, "what is wrong with you"?) for what you deem as posting here too much. If gaslighting is literally defined as "to manipulate (someone) by psychological means into questioning their own sanity" then what exactly would you call it?

It was the first and one of te only times I have done that. I apologized for it on MANY occasions. (The original poster said something offensive and-- if you want to get technical, I didn't tell him to "f*** off"-- I said "go f*** yourself". After over a decade in the industry, it was the first time I'd ever said that online.)

Here's the thing tho:
    Originally, I apologized for it almost immediately.
    The PERSON I WAS RESPONDING TO apologized as well and said that he never should have made the original post I was reacting to in the first place.
    The mods took it down and BOTH parties (me and the poster) thanked the mods for doing that.

And do you know why it's so "famous"?

Because in the brief time it was up, a crawlspacer took a screen grab and ran a whole crawlspace article on it. And then other crawlspacers ran it around the internet.
    It's almost like it's a very toxic and motivated site, right? One whose posters and mods can't wait to stir-the-sh*t. (They are just going to LOVE this thread.)
    I doubt it--they really don't fixate on you as much as you or some people here like to maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I've tried being respectful, as have others, and it's made no difference.
    i think we've all seen you be disrespectful to common posters on this board without it being called for, i just figured it was your "thing".

Wasn't meant as rude at all--clearly there is a language barrier at play, which isn't helping the already muddled arguments from that poster.
    but i agree that wasn't one of them. i think it's ok to acknowledge the language barrier and the difficulties that come with it.

i'll add that i'm always impressed by anyone who can converse at length in a second or third language.

and as a general question to the board, not aimed at you, is respectful behaviour dependent on the other person or ourselves?
    Last edited by boots; 05-15-2017 at 03:19 PM.
    troo fan or death

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    i think we've all seen you be disrespectful to common posters on this board without it being called for, i just figured it was your "thing".

but i agree that wasn't one of them. i think it's ok to acknowledge the language barrier and the difficulties that come with it.

i'll add that i'm always impressed by anyone who can converse at length in a second or third language. much respect.

and as a general question to the board, not aimed at you, is respectful behaviour dependent on the other person or ourselves?
    I think it should be clear that using phrases like "allowing it.." is disrespectfull no matter how you look at it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    Something I need to work on, no doubt.

But when you're talking with someone who has basically stuck their fingers in their ears and is yelling "LALALALA, I can't hear you" because they made a claim that was disproven, and is angry about it, then that poster has their own etiquette to address.

Incredible Member

Interesting tactic--flipping it so somehow you are the aggrieved and injured party in that case. It's more than a little transparent.
    I seriously doubt (Stillanerd did this), do you have a link?
    Interesting tactic.
    Stillanerd apologized to Wacker for it. Ask him. He'll probably be more honest about this than you've been on this thread.

5 people on Twitter, ok. Do you only have 5 followers on Twitter?
    Bait, meet switch. You made a false claim, I countered it.

Both you and the person you were arguing with got reprimanded in that case. It's right there in the thread. Why are you making it all about someone else?
    Because when you make false claims against someone, you don't get to limit the topic to what you're cherry-picking, Metamorphosis/cheesedique. Sorry.

You asked me if I was autistic or had aspergers
    This is a serious concern when it comes to these boards. I've had problems in the past with people online who've suffered from conditions where they're compelled to constantly post the same things repetitiously, or have conditions where they can't control some of the things they say or post. I don't want to run the risk of badgering someone who's incapable of stopping or self-censoring what they were posting.
    Last edited by Dan Slott; 05-15-2017 at 03:34 PM.

Incredible Member

I doubt it--they really don't fixate on you as much as you or some people here like to maintain.
    That is EXACTLY how that played out.
    A crawlspacer took the screengrab.
    A crawlspacer ran the article up on crawlspace.
    Fellow crawlspacers went to other message boards and provided links.
    I'm sorry that what actually happened doesn't sync up with how you feel about your buddies on that site.

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    I think it should be clear that using phrases like "allowing it.." is disrespectfull no matter how you look at it.
    hey bor, it's never up to anyone else (myself included) to define what you or anyone else is offended by; if it affects you then that is that.

BUT, i will say that in this case, i don't think meta is being condescending or patronising when he used the word "allow". it's a common turn of phrase.
    troo fan or death

Something I need to work on, no doubt.
    eh, i work on it everyday. i'm sure we all get #triggered

But when you're talking with someone who has basically stuck their fingers in their ears and is yelling "LALALALA, I can't hear you" because they made a claim that was disproven, and is angry about it, then that poster has their own etiquette to address.
    not going to assume who you're talking about here but that happens alot on this and other boards in general. if someone has their fingers in their ears then no amount of communication (of any quality) is likely to get through.
    troo fan or death

Astonishing Member

I've tried being respectful, as have others, and it's made no difference.
    How long of a period were you respectful? Were you disrespectful prior to that respectful period? When did the respectful period end?

Wasn't meant as rude at all--clearly there is a language barrier at play, which isn't helping the already muddled arguments from that poster.
    Could you explain the problem you're having? He's clearly fluent in the English language. Nobody else is having trouble understanding him. Why would you conclude that English isn't his first language?

10 posts were deleted. I appreciate that this is a sensitive topic, where discussion about specific individuals and their actions are sometimes warranted. However, this can be done without name-calling.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

thinking about it, we've seen dan exercise superhuman patience and grace in his online debate with john byrne (who was unrelentingly arrogant)...
    troo fan or death

BANNED

Bait, meet switch. You made a false claim, I countered it.
    So the individual was bullied by only 5 of your Twitter followers?

Better than dozens or hundreds, I guess? Bravo.

Because when you make false claims against someone, you don't get to limit the topic to what you're cherry-picking, Metamorphosis/cheesedique. Sorry.
    Yet you don't deny that you exercised your own "rude, insulting, and toxic behavior" while you were posting at Crawlspace?

This is a serious concern when it comes to these boards. I've had problems in the past with people online who've suffered from conditions where they're compelled to constantly post the same things repetitiously, or have conditions where they can't control some of the things they say or post. I don't want to run the risk of badgering someone who's incapable of stopping or self-censoring what they were posting.
    Funny, it's only a concern you level at people who criticize you. And it didn't prevent you from Tweeting @ someone going through some problems.

Incredible Member

So the individual was bullied by only 5 of your Twitter followers?

Better than dozens or hundreds, I guess? Bravo.
    1. I don't control what my Twitter followers do. Especially 5 random ones.

2. In those 5 or so posts I saw no more bullying than what some of your own posts here could be called. Or posts that original poster himself has made.
    5 people posting to him saying "You know Stan Lee said the same thing" doesn't sound very "bully-ish". Nor does it rise to the level of multiple posts that original poster's made calling me a "rape apologist" in a public forum-- because of something that wasn't even in a comic I wrote.

3. I've seen far worse behavior by yourself and by over a dozen crawlspacers-- if that volume is your new metric. So your faux outrage is a little hypocritical to me.

End of the day, you don't like a Spider-Man comic book that I write and you feel that justifies both your and your friends' incredibly toxic behavior on both this site and others. You have bizarre arguments that you like to parrot over and over again here multiple times a day. It's a very weird hobby you have, to spend that much time hating on something instead of promoting and supporting something you actually like.
    Last edited by Dan Slott; 05-15-2017 at 08:41 PM.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Since Dan Slott's in the room, this is the perfect time for me to plug my post-Spider-Verse five to six issues miniseries story idea of Spider Carnage vs. Man-Spider.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

BANNED

1. I don't control what my Twitter followers do. Especially 5 random ones.

2. In those 5 or so posts I saw no more bullying than what some of your own posts here could be called. Or posts that original poster himself has made.
    5 people posting to him saying "You know Stan Lee said the same thing" doesn't sound very "bully-ish". Nor does it rise to the level of multiple posts that original poster's made calling me a "rape apologist" in a public forum-- because of something that wasn't even in a comic I wrote.

3. I've seen far worse behavior by yourself and by over a dozen crawlspacers-- if that volume is your new metric. So your faux outrage is a little hypocritical to me.

End of the day, you don't like a Spider-Man comic book that I write and you feel that justifies both your and your friends' incredibly toxic behavior on both this site and others. You have bizarre arguments that you like to parrot over and over again here multiple times a day. It's a very weird hobby you have, to spend that much time hating on something instead of promoting and supporting something you actually like.
    1. And I don't control what people on a message board do or say, but you lump us all together just the same. Go figure.
    2. There you go playing the victim again. Whether it was five or fifty people that responded or flocked to his page after you Tweeted at him, who are you to say whether or not that didn't qualify as some kind of harassment?.
    3. Your faux victimhood is what I find very hypocritical here.

PS - how I choose to spend my time online is no less bizarre than the amount of time you spend "badgering" (your very own words) detractors online when you could spend each and every one of those posts interacting with your real fans. That's rather bizarre in and of itself, don'tcha think?