Default ~2013: Rip in Space Time Continuum

I'm reading the 2013 Guardians of the Galaxy line. In issue 5, they reference rips in the space time continuum, caused by "Earthers" time traveling too much. What event in the Marvel Comics Universe is this?

For reference:

http://readcomicbooksonline.net/read...The_Galaxy_005
    "And I'm still of the opinion that actually physically killing him would be more eye-rolling and irritating than anything else; there's no way he'd stay dead, and having three boys who passed just damages the effect of any Batfamily member dying.

At this rate, Alfred should be getting a discount at the funeral homes and half the family must have frequent funeral miles."

-godisawesome, CBR

Mainly following: Batman, Detective, Titans, Green Arrow, Green Lanterns, Flash, Harley Quinn

Age of Ultron. Big time-travel mess. Ultron took over the world I think, then they had to save the world by someone having Hank Pym create a latent virus back when he initially built Ultron. Anyway, lots of time travel.

I forgot that was when they brought Angela to the MU. If I recall, it was actually Wolverine who did all of the travelling over and over, that made the damage Thanos was talking about. And they did have a bit where a bunch of the space-faring races were pissed off at Earth ... but, I think it kind of got lost in all of the incursion things that were going on, leading up to the most recent Secret Wars.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    I forgot that was when they brought Angela to the MU. If I recall, it was actually Wolverine who did all of the travelling over and over, that made the damage Thanos was talking about. And they did have a bit where a bunch of the space-faring races were pissed off at Earth ... but, I think it kind of got lost in all of the incursion things that were going on, leading up to the most recent Secret Wars.
    My personal theory is that Wolverine's reckless time travel weakened the Multiverse's foundations even further, speeding up the Incursions to a certain degree. Over in Spider-Man, there was the Spider-Verse event that ended with the remaining Spider-Men and Women forced to stop the Superior Spider-Man from severing the Web of Life and Destiny, a multidimensional construct that was also an integral part of the fabric of the Multiverse, to avoid his "inevitable" demise when he ceded his stolen body back to its original owner, Peter Parker. That might have also contributed to further accelerating the Incursions by damaging a significant pillar or even foundation of the Multiverse. While they weren't officially referenced in Hickman's saga, it is kind of funny that time and dimensional travel stories were also in play outside Hickman's Avengers and thus could have contributed to the impending destruction of the Marvel Multiverse.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

There's also the O5 X-Men and Spider-Man 2099 coming to 616 from the past and future respectively. Battle of the Atom was shortly after the O5's arrival and also concerned time travel.

Basically, a lot of time travel shenanigans happened in the original Marvel NOW!, it even got referenced in Ultimates.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's also the O5 X-Men and Spider-Man 2099 coming to 616 from the past and future respectively. Battle of the Atom was shortly after the O5's arrival and also concerned time travel.

Basically, a lot of time travel shenanigans happened in the original Marvel NOW!, it even got referenced in Ultimates.
    Thanks for bringing them up, and technically, Spider-Man 2099 coming to present-day 616 from the future was also provoked by the temporal shifts caused by Age of Ultron endangering his time as well. Then Tyler Stone decided to be the backstabbing snake he usually was and stranded the S-Man (the specific nickname for Spider-Man 2099, contrary to the people who just call him "Spidey" like Peter Parker) in the present so he wouldn't have to deal with one of his biggest enemies anymore. Naturally, Miguel made lemonade out of lemons and took that as an opportunity to shape the development of Alchemax at its beginnings so that it wouldn't grow into the nearly all-powerful corporate juggernaut that effectively ruled Nueva York 2099.
    The spider is always on the hunt.