Fantastic Member

Default Hellboy and the B.P.R.D 1955 - Secret Nature

All-New Member

This was a great little one shot. Exactly what I enjoy about this series. A fun hellboy story with a good artist. Nothing complicated. I hope for more like this and unreasoning beast

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Excellent to learn, legendx66; reading it tonight.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

For me, this felt like so much treading water. We've had the whole, "Hellboy's for equality before his time" thing, we've seen cattle mutilations before and we've seen Hellboy battle creatures that look like him many times and to much greater effect so there was nothing new and exciting here.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Have to say that, pretty as this is, "treading water" accurately describes this issue for me, too.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

The Claw of Justice!

Yeah, this one felt pretty "Monster of the week". Nice art, and the story was OK, but it felt pretty familiar.

But we end with Woody still hanging onto the copy of Witchcraft and Demonology that the two dead teens had used to summon the monster that had been causing all the problems.
    Woody can continue studying the book and expand his future usefulness . . . or he can unintentionally create more problems for the B.P.R.D. in the future.