Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Lion Forge donates 25K to help LCS affected by Hurricane Harvey
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09...ricane-harvey/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by goledensilence View Post
    Have to say that I'm all in on this series from Lion Forge. They have been doing a really good job not only with Catalyst Prime, but with a number of other titles under the LF umbrella (Ghost Money, Jazz Manyard, Ab Irato, Claudia & Rex are the ones that come to mind).

So far I'm caught up on Incidentals & Accell. I've collected all of the Noble issues physically, but I haven't read them. Plan on reading both issues of Superb later today.
    Speaking of Superb, one of the creators, Sheena Howard, just did an interesting interview with The Breakfast Club. She has my full support.
    Always happy to see someone new on Lion Forge train!

If you have the first 4 issues of Noble, they kind of function as the first story arc. You can probably go on ahead and read them now.

Along with Incidentals, I've also surprised myself with having been enjoying Ab Irato. It's been pretty complex with its plot threads, of which is has multiple, and I've been wondering where they're all going. There's also a strong Native/Indigenous influence among the characters present in the story.

Also, how was Superb (assuming you've gotten the chance to read them by this point)?

EDIT: Only perused the interview, 'cause it's a long one, but I made the big mistake of doing the thing you are never supposed with Youtube videos with loads of comments: read them.

They're super cringey and creepy on the whole, and they don't seem to like Dr. Sheena Howard very much. They also get on her for saying the Boondocks cartoon was horrible in comparison to the comics, but I have to agree with that. The idea of a Boondocks cartoon and its art and animation style aside, it was way too much. Too over the top, and not in the good way.

Their hate and drudgery doesn't end there, though, doing from claiming she's not a real comic fan straight to ugly town.

Lion Forge donates 25K to help LCS affected by Hurricane Harvey
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09...ricane-harvey/
    Woah, that's pretty cool (and bold, from a financial perspective). I wonder if any of the other comics publishers have done similar?
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 09-09-2017 at 03:09 AM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    EDIT: Only perused the interview, 'cause it's a long one, but I made the big mistake of doing the thing you are never supposed with Youtube videos with loads of comments: read them.

They're super cringey and creepy on the whole, and they don't seem to like Dr. Sheena Howard very much. They also get on her for saying the Boondocks cartoon was horrible in comparison to the comics, but I have to agree with that. The idea of a Boondocks cartoon and its art and animation style aside, it was way too much. Too over the top, and not in the good way.

Their hate and drudgery doesn't end there, though, doing from claiming she's not a real comic fan straight to ugly town.
    Yeah, I tend to avoid Youtube comments altogether and I'm tired of all the hate that gets leveled at all kinds of people these days. Hate only begets more hate and that will never solve anything. I haven't watched the interview but I'll be doing so soon.

Woah, that's pretty cool (and bold, from a financial perspective). I wonder if any of the other comics publishers have done similar?
    And it's things like this that make me really like this company. They actually seem to care about their fans unlike some others I could mention. To answer you question though I don't know that any have.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Amazing Member

The last thing you want to do is read the comment section for The Breakfast Club videos. The tend to get a lot of trolls because it's the most popular rap/r&b station out right now (with Hot 97 being a close second).

Read both issues of Superb yesterday and I enjoyed it. Definitely fun to see a young kid gain powers and try to be a hero based on the comic books he enjoys. The female character on the front of the book is a nice touch as well being that she's his best friend and sticks up for him since he's labeled as a nerdy kid and usually gets picked on by the jocks. They did a good job in introducing the villain for this book. Won't say much about the villain because I don't want to spoil anything but it's crazy what he's trying to do to the people that have super powers, but at the same time, you understand why he's doing it.

As of right now I would have to rank the books in this order: 1. Superb 2. Accell 3. Incidentals (haven't read Noble so this list might change)

The last thing you want to do is read the comment section for The Breakfast Club videos. The tend to get a lot of trolls because it's the most popular rap/r&b station out right now (with Hot 97 being a close second).

Read both issues of Superb yesterday and I enjoyed it. Definitely fun to see a young kid gain powers and try to be a hero based on the comic books he enjoys. The female character on the front of the book is a nice touch as well being that she's his best friend and sticks up for him since he's labeled as a nerdy kid and usually gets picked on by the jocks. They did a good job in introducing the villain for this book. Won't say much about the villain because I don't want to spoil anything but it's crazy what he's trying to do to the people that have super powers, but at the same time, you understand why he's doing it.

As of right now I would have to rank the books in this order: 1. Superb 2. Accell 3. Incidentals (haven't read Noble so this list might change)
    I rank them in this order at the moment: 1. Accell 2. Incidentals 3. Superb 4. Noble. I really like all of them though.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Yeah, I tend to avoid Youtube comments altogether and I'm tired of all the hate that gets leveled at all kinds of people these days. Hate only begets more hate and that will never solve anything. I haven't watched the interview but I'll be doing so soon.
    Yeah, honestly, I don't know what I was thinking with reading them.

And it's things like this that make me really like this company. They actually seem to care about their fans unlike some others I could mention. To answer you question though I don't know that any have.
    That's definitely good on Lion Forge!

Didn't know that was a bad habit of their videos. Normally, that's not my "scene", so I wouldn't have noticed how nasty their commenting viewers were.

Glad to see you enjoyed Superb.

Gomez has definitely been driven over the edge, seemingly from guilt of not have done more sooner... spoilers:
    ...before losing what implicitly seems to be his son, due to the son's power incontinence.
    end of spoilers He's still cold and bonkers, though. And beyond invasive.

Of note, based on solicits/covers, Kayla's gonna be suiting up herself by issue 4 in the latest (I'd wager as soon as late in issue 3, though).

The first two issues laid the groundwork for Jonah and Kayla's relationship with each other and focused on showing who Jonah is in the present as Cosmosis, with a bit of time taken for scratching the surface of who Kayla is in the present as well. My guess is that the next two issues is going to have Jonah explain to Kayla how he gained his powers and such and then focus on fleshing out Kayla more explicitly. We know she's outspoken and courageous, and that she can't stand injustice and can barely tolerate that her parents work for Foresight, which she has the foresight to know is not a good company. That said, there's quite a bit more they're holding back on her at the moment that I can see will be revealed in the next two issues.

I rank them in this order at the moment: 1. Accell 2. Incidentals 3. Superb 4. Noble. I really like all of them though.
    For me, if I had to order them, they be Superb, immediately followed by Accell, with Nobel and Incidentals tied in third. This isn't a jab at Nobel, as that book just finished its first story arc and its pretty personal for the protagonist and deuteragonist involved. That first arc has been awesome! I'm just connecting to Superb and Accell a bit more at the moment. Also, surprisingly enough for me, Incidentals has shown quite a bit of potential for its first issue. We'll see how it evolves going forward.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 09-09-2017 at 04:33 PM.

Amazing Member

Looks like Accell is going to have two new interesting villains in Glazz & whoever the female was that got introduced towards the end of the latest issue. Don't remember them bringing up her name.

Astonishing Member

Looks like Accell is going to have two new interesting villains in Glazz & whoever the female was that got introduced towards the end of the latest issue. Don't remember them bringing up her name.
    Yep, looks like it.

And no, they didn't, for the sake of suspense.

I'll be giving my thoughts in the other thread later.

So far, Noble is my best read followed by Superb and Incidentals.

I'm excited for all the books making up this universe. It's honestly refreshing to have something new and not bogged down by decades of continuity/nostalgia.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    I'm excited for all the books making up this universe. It's honestly refreshing to have something new and not bogged down by decades of continuity/nostalgia.
    I appreciate that, too. The books creating their own continuity without being slaves to a "giant continuity specter of the past" is pretty refreshing.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I haven't asked cause I forget it about it until I see this thread back home but I'm not sure my LCS is carrying this line.

I'm a little interested but also feeling a bit burned from Dark Horse(Black Sky/CGW2.0), Archie (Dark Circle) and Dynamite (PSP 2.0 by Ellis). These "other" comic universes just haven't lasted outside of VALIANT sadly and I was really rooting for DH and Archie strongly.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I haven't asked cause I forget it about it until I see this thread back home but I'm not sure my LCS is carrying this line.

I'm a little interested but also feeling a bit burned from Dark Horse(Black Sky/CGW2.0), Archie (Dark Circle) and Dynamite (PSP 2.0 by Ellis). These "other" comic universes just haven't lasted outside of VALIANT sadly and I was really rooting for DH and Archie strongly.
    This is just our word of mouth, but it's pretty positively received among us.

Also, you might need to ask your LCS to order the issues you want to read, if possible.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 03-24-2018 at 03:41 AM.

Pretty Excited for Astonisher on the 4th!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    So far, Noble is my best read followed by Superb and Incidentals.
    I'm enjoying all of them so far myself. I like Accell a bit better than the rest but they are all good books.

It does make for a refreshing change. I'm really excited to see this new universe grow and for all the books that will be a part of it.

Now its Noble, then Astonisher, then Superb.

Astonisher was really good.