Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Yeah Kate being used like that really pissed me off and I'm not even a fan. I have a friend who is a huge fan and he was majorly pissed.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

This was one of my favourite books!
    Marc was nice enough to send me a Manhunter t-shirt that he had made (out of his own pocket no less!).
    Lovely bloke who I really want to come do the convention circuit in Australia so I can meet him in person!
    It was a shame he didn't write the story he was originally intending to for those last six issues, but they were great all the same.
    I would happily shell out my cash for a new Manhunter book.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    This was one of my favourite books!
    Marc was nice enough to send me a Manhunter t-shirt that he had made (out of his own pocket no less!).
    Lovely bloke who I really want to come do the convention circuit in Australia so I can meet him in person!
    It was a shame he didn't write the story he was originally intending to for those last six issues, but they were great all the same.
    I would happily shell out my cash for a new Manhunter book.
    What story was that?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Time to liver forever! Energist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Well, well:

Attachment 50616

And larger:

Attachment 50618
    On the surface, seeing Kate show up again in the DC Universe is great news.

That said, I, too, am a bit worried that Andreyko isn't the one spearheading her return. On the other hand, though, I've heard good things about Percy, so I have faith that he's not going to mistreat the character. I'd be completely satisfied if Kate simply functions as Ollie's legal council, straight up, throughout the arc. It would even be a shrewd (and respectable) move on Percy's part to reintroduce her first as just a supporting character who hasn't gone superhero yet. Then, when Andreyko's ready, let him tackle her origin again and go from there.

But who knows? Either way, I'm excited!
    "Forgiving the unrepentant is like drawing pictures on water." - Japanese Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Yeah Kate being used like that really pissed me off and I'm not even a fan. I have a friend who is a huge fan and he was majorly pissed.
    We don't know each other in real life by chance, do we?
    "Forgiving the unrepentant is like drawing pictures on water." - Japanese Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Energist View Post
    On the surface, seeing Kate show up again in the DC Universe is great news.

That said, I, too, am a bit worried that Andreyko isn't the one spearheading her return. On the other hand, though, I've heard good things about Percy, so I have faith that he's not going to mistreat the character. I'd be completely satisfied if Kate simply functions as Ollie's legal council, straight up, throughout the arc. It would even be a shrewd (and respectable) move on Percy's part to reintroduce her first as just a supporting character who hasn't gone superhero yet. Then, when Andreyko's ready, let him tackle her origin again and go from there.

But who knows? Either way, I'm excited!
    I just hope it's not another Gotham By Midnight, where she's just Kate In Name Only and doesn't even matter to the story.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    What story was that?
    If memory serves, Marc was wanting to write a storyline revolving around abortion clinics being attacked. I thought it was a great idea and would love to have seen where he went with it.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    If memory serves, Marc was wanting to write a storyline revolving around abortion clinics being attacked. I thought it was a great idea and would love to have seen where he went with it.
    I thought that was a couple arcs before the future arc and Face Off.

I personally would probably not have enjoyed that so much.

Invincible Member

Kate Spencer is in the most recent issue of Green Arrow. As Ollie is going on a road trip, it doesn't seem like she's going to be Manhunter (yet?).

I'll admit I don't know much about her character.

I am keeping an eye on that - so far, it looks like she's much closer to Real Kate Spencer than the Gotham By Midnight version, but yeah, until she's actually Manhunter, I'm not sure what the plan is.

She's definitely the Kate I know and love in the Green Arrow issue, that's for sure. Percy captured her character well for as little panel time as she got, which I was very happy about. I also got the impression that DC may be in the process of retroactively restoring her continuity. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but her "I moved here from L.A.--Things didn't... go so well there" line seemed like a not-too-subtle nod to her Manhunter days. Not going to get my hopes up too high just yet, though.

My only qualm (and this was made obvious by the preview, but I'll voice it now, regardless) is that, even under Andreyko's pen, I prefer Kate in the role of prosecutor to defense lawyer. I suppose when it comes to superheroes it may be easier for writers to frame their stories around a defense attorney than a federal prosecutor, but I just think in the long run prosecutor suits her character better. Anyone else agree, or am I on an island on this one?

I also want to let it be known that I haven't ever bought an issue of Green Arrow until this issue, and I plan to keep buying it as long as it seems like Kate has a chance of popping up in its pages. Just throwing that out there, DC.

I don't really have a preference between defense or prosecutor - I know she started as a prosecutor, but my favorite stories tend to be ones where she's defense - when she defends Diana, or Dr. Psycho. I did like when she was Gotham's DA - that was a really nice story, though I wish it had gotten a follow up. (Or collected in trade - still bitter, DC).

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I don't really have a preference between defense or prosecutor - I know she started as a prosecutor, but my favorite stories tend to be ones where she's defense - when she defends Diana, or Dr. Psycho. I did like when she was Gotham's DA - that was a really nice story, though I wish it had gotten a follow up. (Or collected in trade - still bitter, DC).
    Totally agree about "Face-Off." That's my second-favorite Manhunter arc. Was so bummed the trade got cancelled.

There is a way DC could make it up to me, though. A Manhunter Omnibus, collecting the entire Andreyko run, including the Streets of Gotham back-ups.

Would it all fit in an Omnibus, though? There's a lot.

Spectacular Member baycitybomber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Energist View Post
    She's definitely the Kate I know and love in the Green Arrow issue, that's for sure. Percy captured her character well for as little panel time as she got, which I was very happy about. I also got the impression that DC may be in the process of retroactively restoring her continuity. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but her "I moved here from L.A.--Things didn't... go so well there" line seemed like a not-too-subtle nod to her Manhunter days. Not going to get my hopes up too high just yet, though.
    I wouldn't be opposed to see her work with GA. In an ideal world, we'd get to see her work solo in her own city, but some Manhunter is better than no Manhunter, and I did find Percy's take on her in-character. Besides, DC sorely needs more street level heroes who aren't Batman related, god knows we have enough of those.