Astonishing Member

Default Vader concept itch that hasn't been scratchted

The coolest of the characters in Star Wars canon but I have yet to get in all of the years of spin off material, the storyline I want most. A book focusing on how Vader took the Jedi order from a planet full of Jedi, respected and adored by the universe, all the way down to a handful hiding on remote planets under aliases. Vader's evolving from dark Anakin to full on Vader, learning to master the powers of the Dark side and attempts to overthrow the Emperor. This is what I wanted and didn't get from the prequels and while I enjoyed the comic book adaptations, all I have gotten is one off issues spotlighting this type of story instead of an arc or title dedicated to it. I know back when Lucas drove the SW empire he had a, don't make the bad guys too cool mandate but now that he doesn't steer the ship anymore, the company that does can give the people what they want. My favorite part of Rogue One? Vader doing what he did in the final scenes, that's what I want more of.

The guys who did the first Vader comic series are doing a new one starting right at the scene were Vader gets off the operating table in ROTS. Based on comments by the author, it'll be exploring how Vader became "Darth Vader" as we know him, answering questions like how he got his red saber and the like. Sounds like it might be up your alley.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    The guys who did the first Vader comic series are doing a new one starting right at the scene were Vader gets off the operating table in ROTS. Based on comments by the author, it'll be exploring how Vader became "Darth Vader" as we know him, answering questions like how he got his red saber and the like. Sounds like it might be up your alley.
    That sounds good! I'm in!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    The coolest of the characters in Star Wars canon but I have yet to get in all of the years of spin off material, the storyline I want most. A book focusing on how Vader took the Jedi order from a planet full of Jedi, respected and adored by the universe, all the way down to a handful hiding on remote planets under aliases. Vader's evolving from dark Anakin to full on Vader, learning to master the powers of the Dark side and attempts to overthrow the Emperor. This is what I wanted and didn't get from the prequels and while I enjoyed the comic book adaptations, all I have gotten is one off issues spotlighting this type of story instead of an arc or title dedicated to it. I know back when Lucas drove the SW empire he had a, don't make the bad guys too cool mandate but now that he doesn't steer the ship anymore, the company that does can give the people what they want. My favorite part of Rogue One? Vader doing what he did in the final scenes, that's what I want more of.
    I have to admit, that scene was pretty cool.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yep, this sounds cool
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor