View Poll Results: Should the X-Men Be In Their Own Universe?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they should be.

32 35.56%
  • No, they shouldn't be.

58 64.44%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post
    You're right. That's why Harry Potter being in its own universe totally means that those characters don't matter.

That's why Star Wars being its own universe means that those characters don't matter.

That's why Star Trek being its own universe means that those characters don't matter.

Pretty much any fiction in the history of the world doesn't matter because they are their own separate universes...

*sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    The difference is those characters don't exist in the same universe, and you're saying it like X-Men existing with other heroes means every 5 minutes Spider-Man, Daredevil or the Avengers are going to show up and that's the narrow-minded part, because the argument that other heroes might show up and therefore these characters should be in their own universe can be used for every character in a expanded universe and it's dumb.

Hell I'd love to Ghost Rider show up, as long as it made sense got the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    It's own universe separate from one they came from. Harry Potter, Star Wars, and Star Trek weren't split off from somewhere else.

If you want the X-Men to end up like the Ultimate Universe, then by all means, give them a self-contained universe.
    What these guys said.

It makes me sad seeing so many people that want the X-Men in a shared universe.

The X-Men are important enough on their own, they don't need to piggy back off of other characters to have relevance.
    Just because they are in one big shared universe doesn't mean they are piggy backing off of others. They wouldn't have books titled X-Men and solos if they weren't relevant enough.

Is Spider-Man not relevant enough because he's part of Marvel universe? Jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Just because they are in one big shared universe doesn't mean they are piggy backing off of others. They wouldn't have books titled X-Men and solos if they weren't relevant enough.

Is Spider-Man not relevant enough because he's part of Marvel universe? Jeez.
    Right?

These are characters conceived and created to be a part of a shared universe. Lee and Kirby created the X-Men to be part of the Marvel Universe and every relevant X-Men writer firm established the team in the MU. Claremont had Carol Danvers and Nick Fury in a bunch of stories, along with tons of other Marvel characters either guest starring or having cameos. The Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, and the Silver Surfer all had cameos in the Dark Phoenix saga so Claremont could show the extent of the Phoenix's influence. Are we as readers going to presume that we know better than Lee and Kirby? Better than Claremont? It's an awfully arrogant thing to assume.

Are people going to get "sad" that Claremont wanted the X-Men in a shared universe? The idea is ridiculous.

Lee and Claremont have given more than their stamp of approval to the movies, but people still "think they know better" in regards to that.

Just because Lee or Claremont do something doesn't mean I have to like it or think it's the best direction

Lee and Claremont have given more than their stamp of approval to the movies, but people still "think they know better" in regards to that.

Just because Lee or Claremont do something doesn't mean I have to like it or think it's the best direction
    I'm talking about comic books. Really, this isn't that complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    I'm talking about comic books. Really, this isn't that complicated.
    I'm still allowed to disagree. It's not like everything that Lee and Claremont to is infallible. In fact, Lee's vision basically got cancelled.