Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I hated how they deaged him to put him in Generation X, which never amounted to more than a guest appearance. That made no sense and I hated how Seagle/Kelly were forced to get rid of him

I used to root for this guy during the Joe Kelly's run.. I hope someone bring him back and give him another chance.

Bautiful sonf by Jordan D. White - Two Ts (Maggott's song)

I said I would write a song about the X-Man of my followers' choice.

Of course they chose Maggott.

Lyrics:
    I’m nobody’s favorite
    In fact most would laugh at the suggestion
    That if the day was in peril I’d save it
    With the slugs that do all my digestion
    If you’re wondering why I’m blue
    I have got quite a tale for you

They call me Maggott
    But it’s not right—
    Two Ts

I was dying of starvation
    Could keep nothing down no matter how I’d try
    Mom didn’t pray for salvation
    She prayed that god would finally let me die
    I couldn’t make her live that way
    So I stole a truck and ran away

I wanted to end it
    And the desert seemed the place for suicide
    What I hadn’t intended
    Was my brother coming with me on that ride
    Now I had to stay alive
    To make sure Daniel would survive

Then the devil came
    You know him by the name
    Magneto, he came to our…
    Rescue, He showed me what I’d
    Been keeping inside
    And he told me it brought me power
    Then he whispered in my ear just
    How the humans hate and fear us
    Because we are their betters
    But when I said I wouldn’t join Him he left
    After he slaughtered our oppressors

Now so many years later
    I have been a hero and I’ve been forgot
    You’d think things would be so much greater
    But I’m sad to tell you they are not
    My people are victims again
    We’re rounded up and put in pens

Met a boy named Billy
    Let him keep one of the slugs I use to feed
    Now he’ll never forget me, will he?
    As I’m rounded up with the ones that they don’t need
    I may not be remembered well
    But believe me I know how to spell

When you speak of Maggott
    Please spell it right—
    Don’t tease

Spectacular Member

That is a great song. And I loved the character. He was a unique one, in a world with so many similar powered people.

i was reading uncanny and x-men when he was introduced, i was confused as to why he looked like two buicks put back-to-back in the issue where joe mad introduced him, and then he was all of 140 pounds soaking wet during the joe kelly/carlos pacheco/artists-i'm-forgetting run. i'm sure it was explained (or maybe it wasn't, i don't know) but it's been 20 years since i've read it.

i actually loved that seagle/kelly era. i wish it went longer.

i was reading uncanny and x-men when he was introduced, i was confused as to why he looked like two buicks put back-to-back in the issue where joe mad introduced him, and then he was all of 140 pounds soaking wet during the joe kelly/carlos pacheco/artists-i'm-forgetting run. i'm sure it was explained (or maybe it wasn't, i don't know) but it's been 20 years since i've read it.

Yessss!!! Love the guy! He breaks up the monotony.

I always hear different opinions on wether he is alive or not? Can anybody confirm?

Always feel like he is on the Toad, Glob, Deadpool, Gabby level to the point where he is kind of the comic relief.
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 08-06-2018 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post

Different artists, different intereprtations. Madueira drew most of his men beefier than they looked elsewhere. I thought Maggot's look was relatively consistent until the very end of his X-men stint when they deaged him to set him up to join Gen X

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Yessss!!! Love the guy! He breaks up the monotony.

I always hear different opinions on wether he is alive or not? Can anybody confirm?

Always feel like he is on the Toad, Glob, Deadpool, Gabby level to the point where he is kind of the comic relief.
    He hasnt appeared in any stories since his death but he's appeared in the background of several issues. It may be artist error but its happened enough times that we can just assume he got an unexplained resurrection somehowa

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post

He's definitely alive!!
    Ugh why put him in the same category with Toad and Gabby and Glob they suck lol like I Maggot but see him waaay more of a sarcastic smartess if anything
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    end of his X-men stint when they deaged him to set him up to join Gen X

He hasnt appeared in any stories since his death but he's appeared in the background of several issues. It may be artist error but its happened enough times that we can just assume he got an unexplained resurrection somehowa
    Why do you think he was deaged so much? He appeared to be younger than the rest of the XMen def acted like a young dude trying to hide his insecurity with swagger woulda been cool to see M being torn between him and Synch they're both so different

Well perhaps he's knows more than we do about his powers and its correct that if a part of him survive he lives on then again he was brought back by Selene, then Legion, and again in BattleWorld since no XMen seemed to notice him he slipped between the dimensional cracks lol

Wouldn't be my favourite art but I loved this team and it's great they get a cover

Im glad that lineup got representation bc it was far from iconic. Should have had Cannonball and Rogue there though too

I liked him. He had a unique power that we rarely see these day
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Looks like Maggot is gonna make another appearnce!

Not liking that he is a kid but this is AU so its acceptable

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I feel like a power enhancement/ interesting/ compelling plot for Maggot would be him turned into the Horseman Pestilence and his journey through that arc. Especially if he kind of found like, fulfillment in his work, held onto some of the new powers and was only brought back to the xmen kind of unwillingly.
    Like, I couldn't see him as out and out evil, but I could see him feeling like he'd finally found purpose in something he was rather good at and being disappointed he had to return to being an xmen where nobody gives a fuck about him.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I feel like a power enhancement/ interesting/ compelling plot for Maggot would be him turned into the Horseman Pestilence and his journey through that arc. Especially if he kind of found like, fulfillment in his work, held onto some of the new powers and was only brought back to the xmen kind of unwillingly.
    Like, I couldn't see him as out and out evil, but I could see him feeling like he'd finally found purpose in something he was rather good at and being disappointed he had to return to being an xmen where nobody gives a fuck about him.
    I really like the idea as him as a Horsmen!