Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lorena Marquez (Aquagirl II) Appreciation Thread

An appreciation thread dedicated to Lorena Marquez, the second Aquagirl

BANNED

One of my favorite scenes with Lorena was during Brightest day. It was short but I loved the interaction between her and Jackson.

Fantastic Member

I wonder if/when Lorena Will return to current continuity?

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    One of my favorite scenes with Lorena was during Brightest day. It was short but I loved the interaction between her and Jackson.
    Kind of funny in hindsight given what we now know about Jackson.

What do you guys think of this idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Actually, I was thinking, does Lorena need to be an Atlantian? Hear me out. If the idea of Aquaman is seeking peace between the surface and underwater world it would be a good idea to have humans as major characters. Lorena could be a human who grows up in Sub Diego which is founded as a city for human and Atlantian culture to mix. Think Republic City from Legend of Korra. Lorena could serve as the franchise's version of Steel in that she uses technology rather than super powers.

Just a thought.

Yeeeeessss. Lorena was definitely one of the more interesting young heroes of the newer generations. I just think the whole Sub Diego storyline was really interesting in general and seeing her growth and character development was really great. I wish Johns would've gotten her into the Titans earlier because I feel like her character would've lasted a little while longer within all the reboots.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Yeeeeessss. Lorena was definitely one of the more interesting young heroes of the newer generations. I just think the whole Sub Diego storyline was really interesting in general and seeing her growth and character development was really great. I wish Johns would've gotten her into the Titans earlier because I feel like her character would've lasted a little while longer within all the reboots.
    Think she'll return in Rebirth?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Think she'll return in Rebirth?
    The optimist in me says heck yes but the realist says "...I'm not sure"
    I really thought she would've made a return when Johns was on the book as he always used to mention how he loved the character. But with Tula and Dolphin coming back part of me feels like they're trying to breathe new life into the Aqua supporting cast of the old. Kaldur has made it because of his Young Justice popularity. I don't really see them redoing the Sub Diego storyline but I could see her being reinvented as a member of one of the lost seven kingdoms. But then we've actually have to get the Rise of the Seven Seas storyline lol.

I do like your idea about a new place that houses both Atlanteans and humans. THAT could actually be the new Sub Diego.

It sucks that she's been gone for so long! I was hoping she'd return for Rebirth but that seems highly unlikely at the moment. It seems DC has this unspoken rule where there can only be one high profile Latina at a time and right now its Jessica Cruz. Pretty much Lorena has to wait her turn again (a long with Renee, Alba, Beatriz and other forgotten Latinas).
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    It sucks that she's been gone for so long! I was hoping she'd return for Rebirth but that seems highly unlikely at the moment. It seems DC has this unspoken rule where there can only be one high profile Latina at a time and right now its Jessica Cruz. Pretty much Lorena has to wait her turn again (a long with Renee, Alba, Beatriz and other forgotten Latinas).
    Jessica is AMAZING, but yeah, I wish we could get all the others back, sooner rather than later. Bea is awesome, and while she's a minor character, at least she's a main part of a group which includes more popular characters. If the JLI gets back together (And since they're my favorite JL I hope to the Presence they do!), Bea WILL be included. I don't know much about Alba, but Renee...god dammit DC, stripping her of her role as the Question was one of the many, many mistakes of the Nu52. Seriously, I'd take her over Vic any day. (Vic is still cool)

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Jessica is AMAZING, but yeah, I wish we could get all the others back, sooner rather than later. Bea is awesome, and while she's a minor character, at least she's a main part of a group which includes more popular characters. If the JLI gets back together (And since they're my favorite JL I hope to the Presence they do!), Bea WILL be included. I don't know much about Alba, but Renee...god dammit DC, stripping her of her role as the Question was one of the many, many mistakes of the Nu52. Seriously, I'd take her over Vic any day. (Vic is still cool)
    Oh no don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore Jessica! She's a great character and I think her future in comicdom is bright! I just want the other Latinas to return as well.

I mean Bea should join a revamped JLI (or JL team), Renee should have a larger role in the Batverse (maybe develop her own hero identity?), Alba should absolutely be a part of a JLD Rebirth, and of course Lorena should either be appearing in the Aquaman book or join the Teen Titans again (or YJ). I even want to see forgotten Latinas like Faith and Rhonda Pineda expanded on! Of course I probably won't get to see any of that happen :/
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I always loved her outfit and overall design. Not sure there's much room for her at the moment, Aquaman has quite a large cast.

I liked her flirtation with Jaime over in Teen Titans. Would love to see her back and round off the Aquafamily.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

It's time for DC to give us the TITANS we want ...

Roll call: Aquagirl (Lorena), Aqualad (Koryak), Argent, Dove (Don Hall), Dove (Dawn Granger), Hawk (Holly Granger), and Lightning (Tavis Williams)!

Written by Peter David and drawn by the Allreds

Will this make you happy, compeers?
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

I also really enjoyed how Lorena took to living in the ocean. She had lost all her family and her boyfriend died in front of her eyes but she didn't wallow in despair forever. She was determined to make some normalcy out the situation.