Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

Default Darth Maul Appreciation - "At last we will have revenge"

At last we will have a thread for Darth Maul discussion! I really dont understand why he was so underutilized in the films, so much more of an interesting character than his replacement (Dooku)

Anyway, lets also consolidate all of his appearances. We know he survived his onscreen "death" and has popped up in alot of canon and nin canon books, comics, games and shows etc

Movie - STAR WARS: The Phantom Menace

Cartoons - Clones Wars, Rebels

Comics - "Star Wars: Darth Maul", "Darth Maul: Death Sentence", "Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir"

I've really been enjoying the new comic.

Excited to see where they go with the riff of "Most Dangerous Game" looking to be what they're doing next.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

He's my favorite Sith character outside of Vader. I loved AND hated it when they killed him off in the movies. But then we got him back in the cartoon, so that was cool.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

He is my favourite Sith, and probably my favourite character overall (I literally just posted that in another thread haha). I've only just finished series 2 of Clone Wars and I've only read the Anakin/Obi comic, so no other exposure to him really. I'm very excited for the comic appearances though
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    He is my favourite Sith, and probably my favourite character overall (I literally just posted that in another thread haha). I've only just finished series 2 of Clone Wars and I've only read the Anakin/Obi comic, so no other exposure to him really. I'm very excited for the comic appearances though
    Oh, you have some really neat episodes to watch yet. You're in for a real treat
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Glad to hear it! I'm catching up on DW at the same time though, so it could take a while as I just watch TV series whilst eating
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Glad to hear it! I'm catching up on DW at the same time though, so it could take a while as I just watch TV series whilst eating
    You must not watch that much TV then? I watch a lot of it. Probably too much.

Not really haha I am at home for breakfast and dinner, sometimes lunch, so I watch a bit. It takes a while... I used to watch shows whilst playing Diablo 2 but I found that I was missing too many things so I only rewatch things whilst gaming now, rather than new things.

My favorite par of Phantom Menace was the lightsaber battle between Maul and Kenobi/Jinn. Just a magnificent battle.

My favourite part too! I used to reenact that scene in my bedroom. I was discussing a similar thing regarding James Bond film, man I really was quite a sad child haha

My favourite part too! I used to reenact that scene in my bedroom. I was discussing a similar thing regarding James Bond film, man I really was quite a sad child haha
    NO! You were not. Those are cool, fun moments that every kid has done. I used to do the same thing when I was a kid, only I acted out Luke's scenes. And I played with my SW action figures.

P.S.---I also tried to see if I could move things with "the force" after seeing the SW movie in 1977. It didn't work, but I kept on trying.

Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

Forgot to mention MARVEL has a Darth Maul ongoing series currently. Cool to see him and cad bane interacting

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalSquabbles View Post
    Forgot to mention MARVEL has a Darth Maul ongoing series currently. Cool to see him and cad bane interacting
    Yep. I'll pick up anything with Maul in it.

More cool Darth Maul pics:

After being essentially a non character in the movie they turned him into a great character in the expanded media, especially after doing what can be such a tired plot device of bringing a character back from death.

edit: Spoils, don't watch if you're not up to date on Star Wars Rebels
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0scImICHU14
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-18-2017 at 05:14 PM. Reason: un-embedded video so as to not spoil (video title)