Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Depends on the story, in RHatO and TT it was good, but Eternals and Robin War are in genral not very enjoyable if you are a fan of Jason or Tim.
    Eternals and Robin War are terrible, terrible stories so everything was bad and not just their relationship.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Also, Jason's worst actions (meaning BTFC and the TT beatdown) were completely retconed so Jason didn't had any real conflict with at that point.
    That was unfortunatly never explicitly stated.
    OK TT is probably out since there weren't any titans in the new 52 timeline when Jason came back, but BTFC can still be canon, and at least Dick and Damians time as Batman and Robin is still canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    That was unfortunatly never explicitly stated.
    OK TT is probably out since there weren't any titans in the new 52 timeline when Jason came back, but BTFC can still be canon, and at least Dick and Damians time as Batman and Robin is still canon.
    Morrison ignored BTFC completely, and Jeremiah Arkham only became Black Mask until the first Detective Comics' Annual so no, there's no way for BTFC to still be canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Actually now that I think on it, were Dick and Damian even really all that close until they both came back from the dead? I can't remember them being together much outside of a few issues. So maybe its better to say it was Bruce and Damian and Tim and Jason getting development.
    Yes they were close before the death. You could see them come along and develop a closeness in the Batman, B&R and Nightwing titles

Also............

However once they stopped working together writers then started showing more of the relationship developed while working together.

Personally I'm not a fan of the Robins being divided. I really don't care that much though i would like to see more interaction between Damian and Jason cos there seems to be a lot to be mined there and I've always enjoyed their banter.

Jason and Tim so far seems forced and only works to prop up Tim so that needs to be re worked.

Jason and Dick .........
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-15-2017 at 01:24 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Eternals and Robin War are terrible, terrible stories so everything was bad and not just their relationship.
    Defnitally, but unforunatly the majority of their intercation is in these series. And in RHatO and TT the only time they are working really together is the DotF tie in, on the other ocassion i rember they are just talikng, it is not like ever really got team up story arcs with them, like we got for Dick and Damian in the last issues of Nightwing.

Lobdell making Jason and Tim super close always felt weird to me. Maybe because I was so used to their old relationship where Jason resented Tim a lot that their new close as brothers dynamic felt off to me. I get that Tim, and even Jason, were under different editors at that time that were different from the Batman office ones. So Lobdell was just using what he had control over. I don't think it really hurt Jason's character as he didn't really lose anything. All he did was gain a closer relationship with Tim, but Tim because of the position he was in felt like his relationship to Dick and other Batman family characters became nonexistent. Given how close Tim and Dick were it hurt Tim's character to not have that anymore.

I'm still salty over Tim calling Jason "closets thing he had to brother". The way writers treated Tim and Dick's bond to push Damian and Dick (also Jason and Tim) wrong on so many levels. Dick could be (and should be) equally close to both his little brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Lobdell making Jason and Tim super close always felt weird to me. Maybe because I was so used to their old relationship where Jason resented Tim a lot that their new close as brothers dynamic felt off to me. I get that Tim, and even Jason, were under different editors at that time that were different from the Batman office ones. So Lobdell was just using what he had control over. I don't think it really hurt Jason's character as he didn't really lose anything. All he did was gain a closer relationship with Tim, but Tim because of the position he was in felt like his relationship to Dick and other Batman family characters became nonexistent. Given how close Tim and Dick were it hurt Tim's character to not have that anymore.
    This is a misconception/selective memory. Other than the TT issue, Jason never showed a lot of resentment against Tim pre-FP.

Even during BFTC where Jason is a his most deranged, he always showed a soft spot for Tim, going so far to want him as sidekick. Something he had suggested before during his appearances on Tim's series.

Jason being close to Dick is what comes off because they never were on amicable terms after Jason's resurrection.

And yet, people complains about Jason's closeness to Tim but to Dick on the N52.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 05-15-2017 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    I'm still salty over Tim calling Jason "closets thing he had to brother". The way writers treated Tim and Dick's bond to push Damian and Dick (also Jason and Tim) wrong on so many levels. Dick could be (and should be) equally close to both his little brothers.
    Tim and Dick never had the type of relationship Dick and Damian have now.
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-15-2017 at 02:18 PM.

BANNED

It should be noted that the Tower first meeting between Jason and Tim ends with Jason respecting Tim`s worth and wondering to himself whether things would have been different if he had the circle of friends Tim did.

Mighty Member

This is a misconception/selective memory. Other than the TT issue, Jason never showed a lot of resentment against Tim pre-FP.

Even during BFTC where Jason is a his most deranged, he always showed a soft spot for Tim, going so far to want him as sidekick. Something he had suggested before during his appearances on Tim's series.

Jason being close to Dick is what comes off because they never were on amicable terms after Jason's resurrection.

And yet, people complains about Jason's closeness to Tim but to Dick on the N52.
    But Jason isn't close to Dick? Theres nothing to complain about because they barely interact, not even to really show hostility. In anything that's a relationship that should probably be addressed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Tim and Dick ever had the type of relationship Dick and Damian have now.
    LOL. That's easy to believe if you've never read a Batman comic pre-2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    LOL. That's easy to believe if you've never read a Batman comic pre-2008.
    I have and i repeat Tim and Dick never had the type of relationship Dick and Damian have.

I think Dick and Tim were as close as brothers before. I think the main difference between Dick's relationship between Tim and Damian is that Dick treated Tim like an equal and with Damian there are hints of fatherhood mixed with brotherhood that Dick could never have with Tim.

Were Dick and Jason close before? It seems that is only something people have written in the last few years. I dunno, I suppose Jason stabbing Tim and leaving him for dead left a strong impression on me and that was probably one of their last interactions before Flashpoint. Also I think Lobdell overdid it a bit with trying to build a connection with Tim and Jason. The "closest thing I've ever had to a brother" line, Tim not even wanting to be called Robin because of Jason, and that scene where he is standing in the mansion looking at a giant picture of Jason talking about how he will respect his memory felt like a bit much.
    Last edited by Badou; 05-15-2017 at 02:22 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I have and i repeat Tim and Dick never had the type of relationship Dick and Damian have.
    *sigh*
    IMG_0185.jpg
    IMG_0186.jpg
    IMG_0187.jpg

Dude, come on.