Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Default Star Wars: The Last Jedi Teaser

I know, I know it's a month old. But I figured we could talk more about it here.

What do you all think about the whole "light, darkness, balance" thing? Also, why would Luke say "it's time for the Jedi to end"?

“Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I think a lot of the consensus is that the film might dwelve into the concept of a "Gray Jedi"-not one light or dark (or jedi vs. Sith) TFA sort of brought up something similar, with Snoke saying something about Ren being a mix of the dark and light.

It's also, interestingly, something that was brought up in the novels I think as well, with Luke briefly being more open to a wider view of the force and it's powers after the "New Jedi Order" (Not that the NJO books are canon or have any influence on the current stuff).

It's kind of curious is doesn't show too much of Rey in her new, more Jediish getup seen in some of the advance marketing, instead showing us a lot of her in the outfit from the end of TFA. I wonder if that means what we've seen is mainly from the film's first half (Especially since Finn's still in a coma).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think a lot of the consensus is that the film might dwelve into the concept of a "Gray Jedi"-not one light or dark (or jedi vs. Sith)
    Is this why Lucas hasn't been too keen on these new movies? I'm not sure I like a "Grey Jedi". But I'll reserve judgement until the movie comes out.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Rather than Gray Jedi, what brought me to mind was something similar in Timothy Zahn's Vision of the Future, where the Aing-Tii monks "held that the Force had neither a light nor a dark side, but was full of many colors, like a rainbow."
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Rather than Gray Jedi, what brought me to mind was something similar in Timothy Zahn's Vision of the Future, where the Aing-Tii monks "held that the Force had neither a light nor a dark side, but was full of many colors, like a rainbow."
    I don't have a large wealth of SW knowledge in my head from the books, but I recall (or at least, I think) that in the beginning, both sides were neither light nor dark. They were just force wielders. If so, then this might be where the story is coming full circle.