View Poll Results: Who Was More Annoying - Jar Jar Or The Ewoks?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jar Jar

55 83.33%
  • Ewoks

11 16.67%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Well, Ewoks have at least the decency to not talk very much.

Jar-Jar sadly talks. A lot.
    This is my thought. I never really minded the Ewoks, but the issue with them and Jar Jar is that they caused the movies to feel too kiddie. I have no issue with all ages entertainment, but it's a fine line between all ages and kiddie. A New Hope is a great all ages movie, while The Phantom Menace seemed designed to entertain people under the age of 10 so they buy toys.

BANNED

Mine are the storm troopers, sorry.

But between Jar Jar and Ewoks, Ewoks

My opinion regarding Ewoks has changed a bit after watching the films again and reading some online stuff. I am not only not annoyed by the Ewoks, i actually like them. They are not bad. In fact, its a nice story of nature versus tech with nature winning. Not too different from Avatar. And the Ewoks are nasty little killers. Weren't they burning Solo alive? Furthermore, i remember the last scene with them playing with the helmets of the stormtroopers. Someone said they are skulls or severed heads of them. They may look teddy bear like but they are nasty and dangerous. Someone to underestimate. Which Empire always did. But then i did not hate them in the first place.

The only thing annoying about the Ewoks is knowing what they might have and should have been: Wookiees. Beyond that though I've never had a problem with them.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The only thing annoying about the Ewoks is knowing what they might have and should have been: Wookiees. Beyond that though I've never had a problem with them.
    You know what might be just as bad knowing now?

That the scary design was literally on the table the morning they started costume design.

Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-03-2018 at 04:04 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    My opinion regarding Ewoks has changed a bit after watching the films again and reading some online stuff. I am not only not annoyed by the Ewoks, i actually like them. They are not bad. In fact, its a nice story of nature versus tech with nature winning. Not too different from Avatar. And the Ewoks are nasty little killers. Weren't they burning Solo alive? Furthermore, i remember the last scene with them playing with the helmets of the stormtroopers. Someone said they are skulls or severed heads of them. They may look teddy bear like but they are nasty and dangerous. Someone to underestimate. Which Empire always did. But then i did not hate them in the first place.
    There's also a Forces of Destiny episode with them about to cook some captive Stormtroopers. Ewoks were not the cuddly little bears some people make them out to be. Jar-Jar just plain sucked.

BANNED

I may be in the minority but Jar Jar never got on my nerves like he did on everybody. I found the Ewoks cute and helpful. Disney's interpretation of Star Wars is more annoying to me.

Astonishing Member

I'd give it to the Ewoks just for how long Lucas kept pushing them. Jar Jar pretty much disappeared after Phantom Menace.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I'd give it to the Ewoks just for how long Lucas kept pushing them. Jar Jar pretty much disappeared after Phantom Menace.
    I don't understand you. Ewoks disappeared after ROTJ too. That's their only appearance in films. Rather Jar Jar had more appearances in later films. Though they were shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I don't understand you. Ewoks disappeared after ROTJ too. That's their only appearance in films. Rather Jar Jar had more appearances in later films. Though they were shorter.
    Ewoks got two movies and a cartoon series of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Ewoks got two movies and a cartoon series of their own.
    I did not know that.

But then its reasonable to assume that they did not know that Ewoks aren't beloved additions to Star Wars. Internet wasn't there. But its still difficult to guess. Perhaps they were liked at that time. And any hate has but grown over the years.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 01-12-2018 at 09:44 PM.

Jar Jar, although I found him kind of funny in clone wars where his hi-jinks and seeming stupidity covered a sublime intelligence to manipulate the environment, people and course of the story.

Ewoks got two movies and a cartoon series of their own
    Yeah and many of the ewoks cartoon were wrote by Paul Dini including one that took place right before rotj and had the ewoks running around a star destroyer!

I did not know that.
    Funny thing is this trailer for second movie makes it look all cute and kiddie yet it's one of the most mean spirited star wars movies that start with ewoks getting killed and it's worst for the main humans of the first one! They had a warning when it aired on abc to parents that it might be to intense and scary for kids!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

The Ewoks were always awesome to me. Never got that criticism. They and their story were great. Some tragedy, some triumph.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”