View Poll Results: Who Was More Annoying - Jar Jar Or The Ewoks?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jar Jar

55 83.33%
  • Ewoks

11 16.67%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Default Who Was More Annoying - Jar Jar Or The Ewoks?

Both were extremely annoying to me, but which one was the absolute worst?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Yeah, Jar Jar for me too.

Thing is though, if you'd also listed C3-PO I might have been tempted to go there instead. I've always found him annoying, even as a kid.

For me, the absolute nadir of Star Wars is the scene from Episode II in the droid factory on Geonosis where he gets his head and body switched with a Separatist droid. Lucas' attempt at humour which back-fires so spectacularly that I can't watch it except through my fingers in horror. They could make another dozen SW movies and that will always be the series rock bottom moment for me.

The low point for me in terms of the drones is the constant 'clones are dumb' thing they have going in Clone Wars. I mean, I get that they are dumb, you don't have to shove it in my face constantly :P Also, I agree about C3PO. I like R2D2 though, one of the few droids that I do like.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Yeah, Jar Jar for me too.

Thing is though, if you'd also listed C3-PO I might have been tempted to go there instead. I've always found him annoying, even as a kid..
    Yeah, I never did like C3PO either. He walked too slow, spoke arrogantly and was always lagging behind. R2-D2 was cool because he could do so much more, was faster, and actually helped.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    The low point for me in terms of the drones is the constant 'clones are dumb' thing they have going in Clone Wars. I mean, I get that they are dumb, you don't have to shove it in my face constantly :P Also, I agree about C3PO. I like R2D2 though, one of the few droids that I do like.
    R2D2 and K-2SO are the two best droids I like.

K-2SO is the droid in Rogue One, right? Only seen it once, quite recently actually, but my memory of it is awful :P I did like it too. I wasn't keen on BB-8 though.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

K-2SO is the droid in Rogue One, right?
    Yep

Only seen it once, quite recently actually, but my memory of it is awful :P I did like it too. I wasn't keen on BB-8 though.
    BB8 was okay, but nothing great.

I gotta go with Ewoks. I don't know if those stories of the original script for RotJ having them end up on Kashyyyk are true, but just the thought that we were potentially robbed of an awesome forest warfare RotJ on Kashyyyk with Wookiees, which would have dialed down some of the silliness the Battle of Endor had (though I imagine Lucas would've still stuffed that Tarzan call in there somewhere), is a bitter missed opportunity for me. The Kashyyyk scenes in Ep. 3 rubbed salt in those wounds (in that we might've gotten something more comparable to that, and more).

Jar Jar's annoying, but he was that way from the get-go so you just dealt with it and pressed on. I think a Kashyyyk RotJ would've changed people's appreciation level for the film, and given a more solid satisfaction level for the entire (original) trilogy.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-15-2017 at 12:53 PM.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    I gotta go with Ewoks. I don't know if those stories of the original script for RotJ having them end up on Kashyyyk are true, but just the thought that we were potentially robbed of an awesome forest warfare RotJ on Kashyyyk with Wookiees, which would have dialed down some of the silliness the Battle of Endor had (though I imagine Lucas would've still stuffed that Tarzan call in there somewhere), is a bitter missed opportunity for me. The Kashyyyk scenes in Ep. 3 rubbed salt in those wounds (in that we might've gotten something more comparable to that, and more).

Jar Jar's annoying, but he was that way from the get-go so you just dealt with it and pressed on. I think a Kashyykk RotJ would've changed people's appreciation level for the film, and given a more solid satisfaction level for the entire (original) trilogy.
    Yeah, the Ewoks really took away what could have been an awesome battle. Instead, Lucas had to include them and it gave the movie a silliness angle that was neither wanted nor worked.

Ewoks because I was promised a planet full of Wookiees, man!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Ewoks because I was promised a planet full of Wookiees, man!
    LOL!

10 chars

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    (though I imagine Lucas would've still stuffed that Tarzan call in there somewhere), .

I do love Star Wars but she's an embarrassing mistress at times.

The Wookies were actually planned for the end of "A New Hope" back when the script was very, very different. Some of the concepts for the original film ended up in the various sequels, but Lucas still wanted to show the race defeating the Empire as fairly primitive; however, he'd established Chewbacca as tech-saavy so he pretty much created a second, somewhat similar but more primitive species-The Ewoks. The Ewoks at least date back to ROTJ's earlier scripts (Which had the Death Star commander as a Tarkin-like rival for Vader, the final fight taking place on what would eventually be Coruscant etc. and more directly involved Yoda and Obi-Wan's spirits), although Lucas did at one point consider a race called the "Whatnots" in ESB helping our heroes out, which eventually had their traits incorporated into the Ewoks and ROTJ. They're sort of in ESB too but they're shown to be Bespin's labor, and renamed the Ughnaughts.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Jar Jar by a country mile.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I didn't find the Ewoks annoying, and Jar Jar was tolerable.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014