View Poll Results: Who Was More Annoying - Jar Jar Or The Ewoks?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jar Jar

55 83.33%
  • Ewoks

11 16.67%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I didn't find the Ewoks annoying, and Jar Jar was tolerable.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)

Ha! Just kidding BA
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Sorry but I really liked Jar Jar. He was probably glad to have so little involvement with the awful Ep 2.

I wouldn't say the Ewoks were annoying but they weren't my favourite thing about ROTJ.

The ewoks never bothered me.

Jar-Jar now...he did annoy me quite an awful lot.

All gungans annoyed me but that specific specimen is bad to the point that i would rather watch all transformers movies than the Phantom menace again.

BANNED

Oh come on... JarJar and the Gungans are funny. They just need a little help in editing.

BANNED

I like Ewoks. Wicket is one of my favorite characters.

Jar Jar is okay. I would have liked to see more of him as a senator.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I didn't find the Ewoks annoying, and Jar Jar was tolerable.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Yeah, I actually really liked the Ewoks, especially in their two made for TV films, and never really hated Jar Jar.

Never minded the Ewoks, they made the Empire look like chumps, but so did everyone in those movies. Jar Jar was really bad though, well in Ep I anyway.

Astonishing Member

What did Jar Jar do to serve the plot? At least the Ewoks were useful in that battle on Endor. Plus, the Ewoks at least look cute. Who wants a stuffed Jar Jar? As in a teddy bear, a taxidermied Jar Jar would be great though. Scare off unwanted houseguests. Until Carrie Fisher shares her copy of the Holiday Special that is.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Never minded the Ewoks, they made the Empire look like chumps, but so did everyone in those movies. Jar Jar was really bad though, well in Ep I anyway.
    Presumably Jango's genetic print, which the clones came from, would have degraded or a major flaw had been found. And you'd think that Storm Troopers based on a jungle planet would be trained in jungle warfare, considering they were protecting the Death Star. At least gotten on side with the local population. Just how many speeders did the Troopers lose dodging through trees?

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Presumably Jango's genetic print, which the clones came from, would have degraded or a major flaw had been found. And you'd think that Storm Troopers based on a jungle planet would be trained in jungle warfare, considering they were protecting the Death Star. At least gotten on side with the local population. Just how many speeders did the Troopers lose dodging through trees?
    You'd think their uniforms wouldn't be all white and shiny on a jungle planet. Even the clone troopers wore camo on the Wookie planet in Ep III.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    You'd think their uniforms wouldn't be all white and shiny on a jungle planet. Even the clone troopers wore camo on the Wookie planet in Ep III.
    The Empire really got complacent. One would think that for their biggest weapon (where the Emperor was situated at the time!) they'd bring out the best of the best. Unless there's been a problem with Clone Troopers, I'd have suggested locating prime specimens (the fittest, most tactical etc) and cloning them to fill the Storm Trooper ranks. Add in mental conditioning to serve the Empire, and you've got soldiers in peak condition completely loyal to the Empire. Get Thrawn himself to look over the process, he's got a great mind with a habit for strategy.

Ewoks never really bother me either, the fact that they were ready to cook Luke and company alive over bonfires and them actually pulling their weight during the battle scenes(and on purpose as opposed to a contrived Mr Magoo routine) helped give them some weight that the Jar Jar never got close to getting.

iMan 42s

The Empire really got complacent. One would think that for their biggest weapon (where the Emperor was situated at the time!) they'd bring out the best of the best. Unless there's been a problem with Clone Troopers, I'd have suggested locating prime specimens (the fittest, most tactical etc) and cloning them to fill the Storm Trooper ranks. Add in mental conditioning to serve the Empire, and you've got soldiers in peak condition completely loyal to the Empire. Get Thrawn himself to look over the process, he's got a great mind with a habit for strategy.
    Clone Troopers got phased out eventually. It takes ten years for clones to be ready and the last batch of them was shortly after Revenge of the Sith so young clones are present for the OT, just in smaller numbers alongside veterans (they would more or less be done sometime within the prequel and OT gap). The reason being is that the Kaminoians had been stretching what they could do with Jango's DNA and either didn't have access to Jango's body for whatever was left, or couldn't find Boba for anything that came out of a standard perfect copy. Regardless it's mentioned the Empire was only training the last batch and they had millions in progress during the Clone Wars even past it's end so they had no shortage. The problem is the time it takes to train them since that's ten years of conditioning compared to other armies both real and in-universe. They had no shortage of clones but it's easier to simply train someone for a couple years and hope for the best opposed to a decade. Not to mention they largely policed worlds during the Empire so you don't need a decade of war games for cop-soldiers.

Clones of varying templates had been used alongside recruits in the old EU and wouldn't be unlikely now, but clones are still in massive numbers, just given less of role considering they don't need to enter war zones anymore. Recruits do just fine and clones still numbered high enough unless something states that a mass number of them got wiped out.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Never had a problem with either the Ewoks or Jar Jar.

BANNED

What did Jar Jar do to serve the plot?
    JarJar was actually very important to the plot. Senator Binks was the moron that gave Palpatine his special discretionary powers that he used to create the Empire.

About those Clones...

Palps needed them for two things: a) fight his fake war and more importantly b) kill off a good 95% of the Jedi Order. Vader gets a lot of credit for wiping out the Jedi, but he wasn't even involved in the vast majority of it.

The war being over and the Jedi defeated, what used did Palpatine have for very expensive supersoldiers that last only half as long as regular soldiers, and would continue to let have Kamino to have power over the Empire?

And he knows very well that a Clone army has no loyalty at all, and can be turned against him very easily if they maybe have other hidden programming in them that Kamino didn't tell him about.
    Last edited by Carabas; 08-20-2017 at 12:39 AM.