Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Default Where do you see Tim Drake a year from now?

So after the big event and Tim gets out of Oz's prison, where do you see DC taking the character? A solo series? Back to a lead role in detective comics? New team book like Young Justice?

Leading a new Young Justice team.

I think they will throw a solo series at him to see how it goes. I don't know if there is room right now for another team of young heroes.

BANNED

In limbo.

10characters

BANNED

I don't think he'll get a solo series.

I think he'll be a supporting character in 'Tec, but NOT part of the main team, and I think he'll most definitely be part of a new Young Justice team, hopefully not as the leader.

Hopefully in a new, better costume.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Its my hope that they'll give him a solo. The mess that was the N52 Teen Titans has soured me on his being a part of team and I wasn't overly thrilled with his supporting role in 'Tec either but I would read a Red Robin solo book.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I'm going to be honest when I say that I really don't think that there is a place for Tim or the rest of his generation. Their stories have been told. They aren't the premier heroes of the DCU; that's the Justice League. They aren't the youngest heroes; that's the Teen Titans. There's even already a group of grow up former heroes: the Titans. The characters who are still around from this era seem to be repeating story beats. I know others definitely feel differently, but I don't think Rebirth has been missing a thing with the YJ generation in limbo. Their time is up and has been for over a decade.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 05-15-2017 at 05:14 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

I'm pretty sure a properly established YJ4 reunion with a good creative team could easily be a hit series, maybe even outselling Teen Titans. That alone makes them relevant. There will always be an audience for those characters no matter how many other teams there are.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I'm pretty sure a properly established YJ4 reunion with a good creative team could easily be a hit series, maybe even outselling Teen Titans. That alone makes them relevant. There will always be an audience for those characters no matter how many other teams there are.
    QFT

10char

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    QFT

10char
    Plus: "Their stories are told." "Their time is up."

You know, people used to say those same things about Barry Allen, Hal Jordan, and Oliver Queen, and they'd gotten good send-offs (Or in Hal's case an interesting status quo change), not just shipped off into limbo.

The 2000's proved that so long as characters have active fanbases, their time is never up.

Tim and the YJ4 are the middle children of their respective franchises and the DCU.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Tim and the YJ4 are the middle children of their franchises and the DCU.
    Yes, yes they are.

How exactly does that mean anything?

I'd like to see him go at it alone in his own Red Robin series, attending the college he was going to before he "died"/got kidnapped, and back in his original Red Robin costume. But he'll probably end up back in 'Tec.
    Nothing ends, Adrian. Nothing ever ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Leading a new Young Justice team.
    1+

Or coleading