Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Who's Marvel's Best Spy? Who's Marvel's Best Assassin? Are they one and the same

Extraordinary Member

Spy: Black Widow
    Assassin: Elektra

Not only two women, but two women that've been involved with Daredevil.

It's amazing he's survived as long as he has.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Bullseye!! The assassin.

Best spy may be Black Widow.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Spy: Black Widow
    Assassin: Elektra

Not only two women, but two women that've been involved with Daredevil.

It's amazing he's survived as long as he has.
    This would be my ranking too

Bullseye is the best assassin.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Would Jimmy Woo give Natasha a good run for her money?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

The irony here is that most of Marvel's spies are some of the most popular and publicly known individuals in the world. You'd think that keeping your real identity, activities and intent a secret would be fairly common requisites.

Anyway, back to the topic...my shortlist of characters that would be the best spy and assassin in the game:

1. Spy -- Mystique or Sue Richards
    2. Assassin -- Kitty Pryde or Sue Richards

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    The irony here is that most of Marvel's spies are some of the most popular and publicly known individuals in the world. You'd think that keeping your real identity, activities and intent a secret would be fairly common requisites.

Anyway, back to the topic...my shortlist of characters that would be the best spy and assassin in the game:

It's really the James Bond syndrome where he is the worst spy to ever exist because everybody including the villains know who he is and he doesn't even do any kind of spying.

Spies and assassins can be famous or infamous as long as only their alias is but nobody knows who they really are. Black Widow could be very well known and feared name but Natasha Romanova shouldn't ring any bells. Her pulling any kind of undercover work as a world famous Avenger is just absolutely unbelievable.

There is only one correct answer.

I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Mighty Member

The spy aspect is interesting because...what actually makes a good spy? As an agent, as one who is in the field ducking, dodging, shooting, etc, I can't imagine anyone really coming close to Natasha in Marvel. However, when it comes to spycraft itself, getting and effectively using information, manipulating the circumstances, Nick Fury is #1 (I wish Daisy was #1 but Marvel really dropped the ball after Secret Warriors on almost all things SHIELD related).

I guess where I land is I think the fact that Nick Fury so rarely has to do any of the ducking and dodging and shooting, makes him the best spy. The best spy wouldn't be in those situations where he or she has to fight all the time. That's counterproductive to actually spying. That's loud and messy. The best spy would be able to get the job done without getting his or her hands too bloody.

Nick Fury has actually commented on how he can be a spy and still be so reconcilable. He's mentioned that all he has to do most of the time is shave and take off his eye patch and he can walk right past the people that are looking for him half the time.

Astonishing Member

Would the Watcher count for spy?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    It's really the James Bond syndrome where he is the worst spy to ever exist because everybody including the villains know who he is and he doesn't even do any kind of spying.

Spies and assassins can be famous or infamous as long as only their alias is but nobody knows who they really are. Black Widow could be very well known and feared name but Natasha Romanova shouldn't ring any bells. Her pulling any kind of undercover work as a world famous Avenger is just absolutely unbelievable.

Even Black Widow's love life is a matter of public record. The Devin Grayson miniseries features a scene that shows a gossip magazine reporting Natasha and Daredevil's break up.

Extraordinary Member

Technically watcher is the best Spy, but I think Nick Fury is up their. Although I do wonder if Iron-man,Strange etc. counts because they're suits/magic make them better than the best human spys in the world.Heck Spidey has a suit that makes him invis to even Iron Man sensors and DD says he's great at stealth even w/out the suit.

Same question about suits/magic w/ assassins.

Has got to be Nick Fury to me.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!