Super Moderator

Default Andrews Explores the Consequences of Forging "Iron Fist" Into a "Living Weapon"

"Iron Fist: The Living Weapon" creator Kaare Andrews tells CBR how the ghosts of Danny Rand's past are coming back to haunt him in the present.

Full article here.

So Kaare Andrews has only 12 issues planned.

With the Netflix Iron Fist series happening, safe bet would be the series continuing or a relaunch of some kind.

I have a question for those who read this, is this a good series for someone who's seen a good amount of stories with Iron Fist but doesn't know a lot about him? Because if it is I might go over to the digital code thread to see if I can find anything.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

It's going slow enough with the details to guarantee that it doesn't lose any new readers. Some people are complaining because it doesn't synch up with whatever happened in the last few years, but I see that Andrews addresses that. He's a very smart and talented guy. I only skimmed, but I like the way he elaborates and I'll go over this in detail later.

Oh, and CBR, #4 is already out...
    Last edited by Kuwagaton; 07-09-2014 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I have a question for those who read this, is this a good series for someone who's seen a good amount of stories with Iron Fist but doesn't know a lot about him? Because if it is I might go over to the digital code thread to see if I can find anything.

Absolutely a good story to dive in on!! Andrews is nailing it. You are given pretty much all you would need to know, along the way. The 1% left, well hell, go check out The Immortal Iron Fist...it's great. This book has been AMAZING so far, and I must say I am disappointed that it is, as yet, only planned out to 12 issues. This should be the Netflix series!!

And yes, it's 4 issues released, so far.

Issue 4 was crazy. I can't wait to read issue 5. Reminds me of Knightfall but with Iron Fist.
    How about Alex?

All-New Member

i think kaare is being cautious, much depends on fans response to his run (whether sales can sustain beyond 12 issues).
    with iron fist it's been always a risk.

wrote him back in april, hoping he'd stay on beyond issue 12, he said: "the first 12 issues are simply "Season One".
    he said the same in the cbr article.

I LOVE this book. I know a few of the other veteran Iron Fist fans aren't won over yet, but I think this is a great new perspective on the character. Best Iron Fist I've read since Bru/Fraction.

I'm also really happy he's not including other characters like the Avengers in this book. It's good to have a self contained book that focuses on the character and doesn't distract with gimmicky guest appearances by Wolverine or Spider-man. I am however hoping my namesake makes more appearances down the road but more than satisfied with what's happened so far.

Really, really like this book. Picked it up on a whim and will likely stick with it for as long as Kaare does.
    "Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing."-
    Benjamin Franklin

I would suggest reading the Fraction/Brubaker run first and then jumping into this. Prior to their run, I knew nothing about Iron Fist and their stuff told me everything I needed to know in order to catch up. Then they expanded their world (some of which is touched on in this new series) and kept me enthralled. I think their run (including the Immortal Weapons follow-up) is DEFINITIVE for the Iron Fist universe but Living Weapon is a fantastic continuation so far.

...and THAT kiss! (Issue 4) Great stuff.

Sounds interesting, but not quite interesting enough for me to pick up individual issues. Call me when the first tradepaperback hits shelves.

Great interview. Sounds like he really did his homework and is intent on bringing something new to the table.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«