Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Come on DC... give a REAL Doctor Fate

This Injustice 2 fight between Dr Fate and Darkseid makes me wish that DC would give us a REAL Doctor Fate

This is Fate!
    I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Staff writer at www.impulsegamer.com

Y'know . . . I seem to recall Kent Nelson was in the recent Doctor Fate series written by Paul Levitz. (Not sure how you can get more "real" than that these days.)

And which "Doctor Fate" was in DC Universe: Rebirth and has shown up in Blue Beetle?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And which "Doctor Fate" was in DC Universe: Rebirth and has shown up in Blue Beetle?
    This is a question I suspect we won't get an answer to until the JSA Rebirth story.

BANNED

I really wish we could just get Hector back.

a man who created images dr-brainwave's Avatar

Personally, i don't want a Dr Fate, i want the Dr Fate, the classic, the original Kent Nelson (along with his JSA friends).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dr-brainwave View Post
    Personally, i don't want a Dr Fate, i want the Dr Fate, the classic, the original Kent Nelson (along with his JSA friends).
    There is no the for any legacy character, and saying otherwise is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    ...Or a personal opinion.

I'd like to see Kent back, but we'll see what's truly in store for Fate when the JSA finally come back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...Or a personal opinion.
    An Opinion which as a fan of legacy, I find personally insulting.

BANNED

The real Dr. Fate..the ultimate example of child abuse, isn't it?

Based on the premise that Johns seems to have set up in DC Universe Rebirth of the JSA suddenly disappearing from the HUAC hearings in the 1950s, it wouldn't make sense to bring back any JSA legacy characters immediately unless the original JSA has been living on an alternate Earth for all this time and continued their adventures / families on that Earth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Based on the premise that Johns seems to have set up in DC Universe Rebirth of the JSA suddenly disappearing from the HUAC hearings in the 1950s, it wouldn't make sense to bring back any JSA legacy characters immediately unless the original JSA has been living on an alternate Earth for all this time and continued their adventures / families on that Earth.
    I can think of more than one way around that. If the new JSA book really is just a revamped Golden Age team, I'll personally be supremely disappointed.

They could go a Wanted root where the heroes and the world have forgotten the truth and the heroes are out there living normal lives as elderly citizens having raised families and Dr. Fate and Johnny Thunder could restore them to a super powered state while revealing their legacy to their descendants.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    They could go a Wanted root where the heroes and the world have forgotten the truth and the heroes are out there living normal lives as elderly citizens having raised families and Dr. Fate and Johnny Thunder could restore them to a super powered state while revealing their legacy to their descendants.
    But those would then be brand-new legacy characters, not the ones that some people seem to insist DC bring back immediately.
    Their previous histories wouldn't be part of their back-stories.

i dont mind khalid but he is so scrawny and not intimidating whatsoever. i dropped the book before kent came back but really doctor fate should be a terrifying force to be respected, not a comedy show

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    DC has taken the piss with Doctor Fate though. They've ostensibly reduced the role of Fate to whomever wears the helmet. Thing is, we are likely never going to see many of Kent Nelson's replacement Fates in the role again.

Inza Kramer

Eric Strauss

Linda Strauss

Jared Stevens

Hector Hall

Kent V. Nelson

We had not one but two people named Khalid assume the role of Fate during the New 52. The second Khalid (Nassour) has sort of been taken under Kent Nelson's wing as a protege/successor. The Earth 2 Fate and his Society are likely to fade into obscurity once the Rebirth JSA gets going. The New 52 Earth 2 has sorted of been on it's own island for years now.

It's like the Hulks over at Marvel.

Banner - The Hulk

Jennifer Walthers - She Hulk

T. Ross - Red Hulk

B. Ross - Red She-Hulk

Rick Jones - A-Bomb

Blonsky - Abomination

Sterns - The Leader

Doc Samson

Amadeus Cho - Totally Awesome Hulk

If you have this many hulks, as well as, this many people who can survive heavy exposure to gamma radiation and gain the same powers that Bruce Banner did. What makes Banner so special? Anyone could be the Hulk and that's boring.