Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Future of Superman in DCEU

Not sure if this been discussed before, but I've been thinking about this since I watched BvS and recently reading through the "Death of Superman" arc:

"When Superman returns, does Clark Kent come back with him?

In the comics Clark was presumed missing after the Doomsday attack and with the help of Supergirl-Matrix, Superman rescued "Clark" who was found underneath a pile of rubble.

In BvS Clark Kent is legally dead, they even held a open casket for his funeral. So will they find someway to alter everyone's memory so that Clark never died? Will Superman live under another alter ego? Given Bruce Wayne's connections to Amanda Waller that couldn't be too hard. Or does he stay Superman 24/7?

Thoughts?
    Last edited by AquaLantern; 05-16-2017 at 06:48 AM.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Well if they didn't find the body, they can plausibly, in comic book logic, say that they were mistaken and they find him in rubble as Clark Kent, which he got into the rubble unseen using his powers as Superman. They will say, "Sorry for the mistake, Mr. Kent, we thought you were dead because we weren't sure where you could be found in the rubble and so much of the people got incinerated and vaporized that we thought you were among them. Glad to see you back. I honestly believe, they will bring him back to being Clark Kent/Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Well if they didn't find the body,
    As AquaLantern pointed out, they had an open casket for his funeral - there was a body and people saw it. We didn't see the face but the body was there.

Hence the question

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    As AquaLantern pointed out, they had an open casket for his funeral - there was a body and people saw it. We didn't see the face but the body was there.

Hence the question
    Somebody else who looks very similar died then. Are they sure that his DNA, teeth, fingerprints, etc., match the real Clark Kent?
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by suemorphplus209 View Post
    Somebody else who looks very similar died then. Are they sure that his DNA, teeth, fingerprints, etc., match the real Clark Kent?
    Because Martha and Lois wouldn't recognise Clark's face because he was dead?

Hence the question
    Yeah, well I can't believe I am in some kind of denial about it happening. Because I sure don't like the idea of us getting a SID in the form of Jon Clark or Jordan Elliott coming in the Man of Steel sequel. I just want him to be Clark Kent. Is that really too much to ask?

Yeah, well I can't believe I am in some kind of denial about it happening. Because I sure don't like the idea of us getting a SID in the form of Jon Clark or Jordan Elliott coming in the Man of Steel sequel. I just want him to be Clark Kent. Is that really too much to ask?
    Not at all. I don't want kind of thing, either.

BANNED

Trust me, his death was the one thing I didn't like about BvS. I wanna say that DC/Zack Snyder wouldn't do this unless they knew how they were going tp bring Clark Kent back, but the current situation doesn't allow much options how Clark returns without being implausible.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    Trust me, his death was the one thing I didn't like about BvS. I wanna say that DC/Zack Snyder wouldn't do this unless they knew how they were going tp bring Clark Kent back, but the current situation doesn't allow much options how Clark returns without being implausible.
    You and me both. The part that gets me the most was the insistence on Zack Snyder on being "convincing" in a superhero medium. It's fantasy, and some kind of wierd plot device is neccessary to bring back the Clark Kent secret identity in spite of what Snyder said earlier. My guess is that the easiest would be some magical spell that erases people's memories of Clark's death all over the world and a computer virus on the internet erasing any file in online news about Clark Kent dying, but that's the kind of convoluted crap I didn't care for from another infamous comic book story about getting your secret identity back.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

You and me both. The part that gets me the most was the insistence on Zack Snyder on being "convincing" in a superhero medium. It's fantasy, and some kind of wierd plot device is neccessary to bring back the Clark Kent secret identity in spite of what Snyder said earlier. My guess is that the easiest would be some magical spell that erases people's memories of Clark's death all over the world and a computer virus on the internet erasing any file in online news about Clark Kent dying, but that's the kind of convoluted crap I didn't care for from another infamous comic book story about getting your secret identity back.
    But the relationship is still there.
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

MoS 2 will have Mxy.

Oh, sure, there will be the fight with Black Adam in order to open the door for 'Shazam', but it will be because of Mxy, 'cos, well, Teth used to be Mxy's plaything, back in the day, and Mxy wants to show his old favourite that his new favourite is better than him - while totally ignoring the fact that Teth has gone over the edge.

There's a big argument between the imp and the Wizard and, in order to one-up the Old Geezer, Mxy jolts the timeline and restores the identity. Clark is never buried but, like before, is presumed missing. Lois, Martha, and the others grieve but history records that an amnesiac Clark was found and, because of the weird energies of the Alien Monster, there had been an EMP-esque impact on most of the Tri-State Area for several months, rendering even new tech useless. This, in turn, stymmied progress in hundreds of missing persons cases for the better part of a year (along with conspiracy theories about cancers etc).

But, at the end of the day, 'a wizard did it.'

Not an issue, it's the fact that I just want to see Clark Kent = Superman again, and I know it's going to be some serious retcons or possibly even a nonsensical plot device to make that happen. Even in the original Death and Return of Superman, there was a setup that allowed him to get impersonated. But even then, it was Superman classified as "dead" not Clark Kent. I am also freakin disappointed that I didn't get much time with him as Clark Kent = Superman in the DCEU before they made him "die" either. I personally am uneasy with how they handle the SID deal here. Maybe I am wrong, maybe he will just be a public identity hero with the name Clark Kent (not preferred by me, mind you) but Clark Kent = Superman to me as part of a main continuity.

The one possible fix has to do with Flash's time travel. Other than that, I think Snyder gave his answer for Clark the same way he did for Jimmy: They weren't going to use it, so they "had fun" with it.

Or, I suppose they could say that, since everybody in Smallville knows Clark's secret anyway, they just make up an excuse for Metropolis and that's that. Not tidy by any means, but it might work.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Man I really hate the DCEU.

MoS 2 will have Mxy.

Oh, sure, there will be the fight with Black Adam in order to open the door for 'Shazam', but it will be because of Mxy, 'cos, well, Teth used to be Mxy's plaything, back in the day, and Mxy wants to show his old favourite that his new favourite is better than him - while totally ignoring the fact that Teth has gone over the edge.

There's a big argument between the imp and the Wizard and, in order to one-up the Old Geezer, Mxy jolts the timeline and restores the identity. Clark is never buried but, like before, is presumed missing. Lois, Martha, and the others grieve but history records that an amnesiac Clark was found and, because of the weird energies of the Alien Monster, there had been an EMP-esque impact on most of the Tri-State Area for several months, rendering even new tech useless. This, in turn, stymmied progress in hundreds of missing persons cases for the better part of a year (along with conspiracy theories about cancers etc).

But, at the end of the day, 'a wizard did it.'
    Best DCEU plot I've heard yet. Now we just need to get you to WB to write it!
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/