Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default X-Men Gold: Sentinel Evolution; Interview with X-Men Gold Writer Marc Guggenheim

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Incredible Member

So its a Rachel and Gambit story arc with more focus on Rachel and her new developments.

I'm excited for this arc. I like Silva's art, I like Gambit...if R.B. modernizes Logan's look it will be perfection IMO.

Silva`s art is awesome. I hope Gambit will be great in it and I won`t be dissapointed tomorrow

I'm getting a little burnt out on writers using nano-bots (nanites, nanomachines, etc.) in their stories. It's kind of like in the 90's when everyone had to turn to Virtual Reality technology to save the day, usually with the ridiculous caveat that "if they die in the simulation, they DIE IN REAL LIFE!"
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

It seems odd that an editor would suggest using sentinels when he had to be aware of a recent conflicting portrayal in X-Men Blue.

So that image with Rachel and a mystery man circulating a while back is most likely future Franklin Richards. Kind of a bummer, hopefully Guggs will use the opportunity for Rachel to tell him it never would have worked out between them because she's hella gay.

BANNED

It seems odd that an editor would suggest using sentinels when he had to be aware of a recent conflicting portrayal in X-Men Blue.
    It'd be cool if they acknowledge why these Sentinels aren't controlled by Bastion, but they'll prob ignore Blue altogether...

So looks like we won't get any more hints on the new Pyro & Avalanche.

Very excited about this. The first arc was kinda meh, but this one sounds extremely interesting. Excited for the Rachel spotlight and the way she might interact with Gambit on the page.

In the past Rachel has been kind of the stickler for rules at the school and we all know Gambit doesn't often follow the rules, so that should be fun to read.

Sounds like Gambit is about to get blamed for another massacre if anyone is killed by these new sentinels.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Sounds like Gambit is about to get blamed for another massacre if anyone is killed by these new sentinels.
    Don't worry! Kitty will save the day!

BANNED

So looks like we won't get any more hints on the new Pyro & Avalanche.
    We won't get any resolution on Magma much less Pyro and Avalanche. They'll all be forgotten, except the new green monster guy who Guggenheim said he'd develop more later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    We won't get any resolution on Magma much less Pyro and Avalanche. They'll all be forgotten, except the new green monster guy who Guggenheim said he'd develop more later on.
    Damn. So two dropped plotlines within three issues + already ignoring X-Men Blue continuity. And, of course, Guggenheim brings the L E A S T interesting villain of the Brotherhood back for some sort of "payoff".

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Damn. So two dropped plotlines within three issues + already ignoring X-Men Blue continuity. And, of course, Guggenheim brings the L E A S T interesting villain of the Brotherhood back for some sort of "payoff".
    It was mentioned in blue that only a portion of Sentinels are in control of Bastion.

I feel much more excited about this arc than the first one whilst reading it. Since the new sentinel appears in #6 then are #4 and #5 just build up?
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!