Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Being a fan of the Inhuman's, my hope is that they eventually go back to what they were best at - showing up occasionally and when a story called for it. Showing up in the pages of Fantastic Four or in some cosmic based story was always a treat. Even more so when it was out of nowhere that you least expected. It made them seem stranger and more interesting. Better yet was when they were given those rare pushes into something bigger it was brief and had more weight. The exotic and weird nature, the mystique of them, is a bit diminished now.

Here's hoping they can eventually reclaim that.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    Being a fan of the Inhuman's, my hope is that they eventually go back to what they were best at - showing up occasionally and when a story called for it. Showing up in the pages of Fantastic Four or in some cosmic based story was always a treat. Even more so when it was out of nowhere that you least expected. It made them seem stranger and more interesting. Better yet was when they were given those rare pushes into something bigger it was brief and had more weight. The exotic and weird nature, the mystique of them, is a bit diminished now.

Here's hoping they can eventually reclaim that.
    That would be a mistake to regress them to being nothing more than supporting characters and background characters who just live in their own space and only guest star in other titles who aren't allowed to have their own ongoing series who aren't allowed to grow and develop as characters and be the focus of their own series.

That's exactly what the inhumans were for decades and that's exactly what was the problem with the inhumans.

As a fan of just one Inhuman, I don't care what they do unless this leads to that one Inhuman's cancellation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    That would be a mistake to regress them to being nothing more than supporting characters and background characters who just live in their own space and only guest star in other titles who aren't allowed to have their own ongoing series who aren't allowed to grow and develop as characters and be the focus of their own series.

That's exactly what the inhumans were for decades and that's exactly what was the problem with the inhumans.
    Not every character needs to be a bright shining star. Some can actually benefit from being kept at a distance and used seldomly. This is why I enjoyed their occasional moments in the sun. The War of Kings saga and everything around it helped to develop them and when the story was done, they could be saved again for something else. This kind of thing doesn't work with every character, but it does with the Inhuman's. Kirby and Lee created these strange and weird individuals that we only knew little about, with each appearance a small nugget being dropped. We wanted to see more of them because we saw so little of them. Less is more in this case.

You make them mainstream and more akin to a typical superhero team and book, well, that's just kinda dull and makes them less special. Just how I see it.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Well, they just launched a Black Bolt comic, and it's awesome. So I'll have to say no.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    Not every character needs to be a bright shining star. Some can actually benefit from being kept at a distance and used seldomly. This is why I enjoyed their occasional moments in the sun. The War of Kings saga and everything around it helped to develop them and when the story was done, they could be saved again for something else. This kind of thing doesn't work with every character, but it does with the Inhuman's. Kirby and Lee created these strange and weird individuals that we only knew little about, with each appearance a small nugget being dropped. We wanted to see more of them because we saw so little of them. Less is more in this case.

You make them mainstream and more akin to a typical superhero team and book, well, that's just kinda dull and makes them less special. Just how I see it.
    I disagree but we can agree to disagree, I hope marvel continues to do what they're doing with the inhumans it's better this way(:

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I disagree but we can agree to disagree, I hope marvel continues to do what they're doing with the inhumans it's better this way(:
    Fair enough. I should add I have been enjoying the recent push over the last few years. I'm just going to trade wait Royals and Black Bolt though. While I would prefer my idea of handling the Inhuman's, I'm still okay with the route they're going. So it's all good.

The books have been good and I hope they keep going, I do agree shoving them in place of Mutants was a bit excessive. But yeah almost all the books were solid enough.

They probably will, it all depends on Ike because Inhumans was always his baby. Feige never gave a crap about them. I believe the only reason he even had the Inhumans movie scheduled is because Ike said that was the only way he'd be allowed to do Black Panther and Captain Marvel

Not surprising that the moment Feige gets independence from Marvel and starts reporting directly to the Mouse, Inhumans gets kicked off the movie slate down to TV which is still under Ike's control

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CIA View Post
    ...considering that ABC sent the TV series to die in the Friday evenings?

It's pretty clear that the IP will never reach the success the comics division expected since it got dumped from the movie release schedule. Cutting down a few Inhumans based titles will also help curb the oversaturation of Marvel books.
    No. Just because the show is airing on Fridays is no reason to back down.

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    I think Marvel forcing the Inhumans to try to replace the X-Men as really caused them to suffer.
    Anyone else never believed this cospiracy theory?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Yes, Marvel has ruined the Inhumans for me. Make them go away.
    Well Marvel ruined X-men for me by instigating a fandom war. But you don't see me asking them to go away.
    Last edited by AquaLantern; 05-17-2017 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ospfwildcard View Post
    yes that huge push of two whole books. ive never understood x-men fans and their open hostility toward the inhumans. I like both and the indignation is unbecoming and boarding on out right irrational fear. x-men are about inclusion its a shame that some of their readers are less than so. lets not focus on the fact that since the original marvel now all the books have been pretty mediocre. not to mention they killed off an original x-men off panel!!!
    Well, if you havent noticed, the X-men for the last decade have been surviving genocides.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    No. Just because the show is airing on Fridays is no reason to back down.

Anyone else never believed this cospiracy theory?

Well Marvel ruined X-men for me by instigating a fandom war. But you don't see me asking them to go away.
    Well, there is people that people that dont believe that the X-men have been banned from games after 2014.

I think they should redirect the push towards some titles that need it. We have books cancelled after two issues these days.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I think they should redirect the push towards some titles that need it. We have books cancelled after two issues these days.
    Maybe Marvel should allow all books a minimum of 12 issues so a year really to get a book out, then like every 3-4 issues see where critics and fans like/dislike about it, as well its numbers so they know where to make the changes plus writers can give a full story and know "I have these 12 issues"

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Maybe Marvel should allow all books a minimum of 12 issues so a year really to get a book out, then like every 3-4 issues see where critics and fans like/dislike about it, as well its numbers so they know where to make the changes plus writers can give a full story and know "I have these 12 issues"
    I think really Marvel just needs less books of ALL franchises. There are so many that the less popular titles get lost in the shuffle. Something like Rocket Raccoon, a second Inhumans team book or Elektra will inevitably have lower sales, that should be expected when launching, but they should also be able to last 18 issues, 12 at bare minimum. When 10 books a month are getting cancelled before issue 6 something is wrong with your publishing model.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I wouldn't mind a Saga-like schedule for characters that can't support their own ongoing. Release 4-6 issues of a complete story arc followed by a few months break with trade release before the next story arc begins. Then during that break, they can replace the "slot" used with another book.

Personally, having the trade available instead of needing to hunt down floppies is a huge enabler for me for picking up the floppies for the next story arc.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja