Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Justice League gets half the film reshot and WW2 in the works?

Some rumors here. First up is why aquaman was pushed back was to reshoot over half of jla!

This may sound bad but may I point out that mad max fury road reshot over half the film and it turned out great! If true this could be a good thing.

http://www.slashfilm.com/justice-league-reshoots-rumor/

Reshoots are a part of the movie-making business. And it can seem*overzealous to simply report on the fact that reshoots are happening — trust me, I’m as tired of these kind of stories as you are, especially when they act like this is something out of the ordinary. In many cases, they’re a good thing and help make a good movie great. But when reports say that Justice League has essentially been “remade…twice” after “significant” reshoots, and is looking at even more reshoots down the barrel, that’s seems — well — significant.

Splash Report cites an anonymous source that claims that since Justice League wrapped production in October 2016, the tentpole DC Extended Universe film has been plagued with reshoots, with Warner Bros. putting nearly all their resources into completely overhauling the movie.*The website claims:

Speaking on a condition of anonymity, [our source] said that in the 17 months between the start of principal photography and the final cut arriving in theaters in November that the film will have essentially been*“remade…twice.”*
    And the studio is not done. In addition to reshoots and on-the-spot rewrites — which star and producer Ben Affleck had*reportedly ordered when he arrived on the Justice League set — Warner Bros. has scheduled even more additional photography. The source told Splash Report:
    “There are more reshoots COMING SOON. There have been a bunch but they’re going to do MORE.”
    The movie, which hits theaters this November, wrapped production in October last year, but has been undergoing reshoots well into this spring, which Splash Report gleaned from star Jason Momoa‘s delayed Aquaman solo film (originally set to hit theaters July 27, 2018 and then October 5, 2018, it is now aiming for a December 21, 2018 release), as well as his recently cancelled Oz Comic-Con appearance in March.

In fact,*Justice League had a shaky production from the start, starting its schedule off the heels of the critical lambasting of Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice. Warner Bros. had no time to regroup from what they expected to be a massive hit and instead was a critical bomb, making only a net profit of $105.7 million, according to Deadline. With the same creative group that spearheaded Batman v. Superman* helming Justice League, Warner Bros. placed DC Entertainment president Geoff Johns and production executive Jon Berg* in charge of the DC films and reportedly removed Zack Snyder — who directed Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman and was the de facto creative force behind the DCEU — from the top of the chain of command. Oscar-nominated directors Affleck and George Miller were also made producers of Justice League.

But all those creative safeguards couldn’t save the film from extensive reshoots.*Another DCEU film, Suicide Squad, went through the same process — undergoing massive reshoots that resulted in “six or seven” different versions of the movie, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The version that ultimately made it to the public was blasted by critics for its scattered and messy vision.
    Justice League may yet be saved from the same fate. Rogue One was a*success story,*a blockbuster that underwent major reshoots and was ultimately well-received by critics and the box office. As we mentioned at the top of this post: reshoots should usually be seen as a sign that filmmakers want to make a movie better.
    Justice League is set to hit theaters November 17, 2017.

Update--WB says rumor not true and it's just a few reshoots.

https://www.thewrap.com/p1638667/

On a more positive note WB may have greenlit wonder woman 2 already!

Last edited by Gaastra; 05-17-2017 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Some rumors here. First up is why aquaman was pushed back was to reshoot over half of jla!

This may sound bad but may I point out that mad max fury road reshot over half the film and it turned out great! If true this could be a good thing.

http://www.slashfilm.com/justice-league-reshoots-rumor/

On a more positive note WB may have greenlit wonder woman 2 already!

Yea reshoots arent always bad. Honestly i would be surpised if the overwhelminly postive reception to Aquaman in the trailer wasnt partly behind it. Seems to be one the things even alot of haters liked. Whats WWs tracking numbers anyone know

Yeah aquaman was great in that trailer. Kind of a mix of 90s aquaman and brave and the bold cartoon aquaman.

BANNED

There's no way they're overhauling the movie this late in the game. I think Bleeding Cool is just click baiting or trying to be first to win the non-prize.

If WW2 happens I want Giganta!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea reshoots arent always bad. Honestly i would be surpised if the overwhelminly postive reception to Aquaman in the trailer wasnt partly behind it. Seems to be one the things even alot of haters liked. Whats WWs tracking numbers anyone know
    I think the more reliable sources tracked it at around 65 million.

Thanks to GotG's success, they can feel free to embrace the weird in the sequel and bring in Cheetah and Giganta.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

With Gal Gadot around, they could just greenlight WW2-WW33 and I'd be glad.

Justice League is out in November. They can't re-shoot half of it and add effects by then. It's just not possible. I don't doubt that the movie has problems, but they can't overhaul it this late in the game.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Justice League is out in November. They can't re-shoot half of it and add effects by then. It's just not possible. I don't doubt that the movie has problems, but they can't overhaul it this late in the game.
    Especially with most of the cast being more than likely unavailable

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

There is no overhaul happening. I'm certain the film is a rocky road, but there's just no way.

Speaking of ww, collider confirms the early reviews are great. Says it's just a fun summer film! May take my young niece to see it with the good buzz.

Starts at 1:19

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Was a new thread needed in this section just for this unconfirmed rumor? I thought there was a JL thread already? Or, would placing that clickbait link not have quite the effect intended to continue trashing the DCEU if it was just placed in an existing thread? Serious questions...

GotG2 underwent extensive reshoots as well, but there was hardly any buzz over that. Most movies, especially nowadays, undergo reshoots. Rarely are they "overhauled." Reshoots are meant to re-do scenes with different dialogue or scenery. They can also mean the producers and/or execs who have seen the product so far want MORE (as was the supposed case with GotG2). Reshoots at this stage are entirely normal.

A complete story re-do or change up isn't happening unless WB comes out and says they're pushing JL back 4-6 months. Editing takes up the most time with movies today. Principal photography and filming can take 2-5 months and editing takes 6-12 months, minimum, usually.

Of course, things can be different based upon the movie and studio, so those time frames are rough estimates. I've been following movie production timelines for comicbook/superhero films for some years now.

Tegarding Wonder Woman, early buzz has been great. As long as this movie pulls North of $500-$600 million, there shouldn't be any reason to not get a sequel moving along in the next 2-3 years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    There's no way they're overhauling the movie this late in the game. I think Bleeding Cool is just click baiting or trying to be first to win the non-prize.

If WW2 happens I want Giganta!!!
    BC hates DC and has for a while

WB says rumor is not true! It's just a few reshoots.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    WB says rumor is not true! It's just a few reshoots.

Completely normal. Hopefully they are adding more Aquaman,. Whats the assumption on Aquamans status, given he has the armor and trident and hes pushing 40. He must have already been king of Atlantis, to me seemes like hes a angry drunk bro wandering the world. Maybe hes been exiled and his retaking of the throne will be his solo movie? I like the dark and angry countered with the drunk and crazy we see in the trailers. Makes a fun charatcer who clearly has alot of problems that wll make for good drama later. I wish i felt this way about DCEU superman. But wont really know till later this year. But im beyond optimistic for Arthur

Mighty Member

If there is truth to the Billy Cudrup rumor then that would be one reason for at least some reshoots.

Nevermind...

http://collider.com/the-flash-movie-...arc-webb/#dceu
    Last edited by FlashEarthOne; 05-17-2017 at 01:38 PM.