Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I wouldn't want Cheetah to be the main antagonist. I want her to a side piece, a ploy for the true main villain, of the sequel, Circe! I find Circe much more interesting.

What would you like to see in the sequel?
    Cheetah!, Cheetah!, Cheetah of course If possible fit in Doctor Psycho as well, you could also throw in Angle Man as a henchman/goon.

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    I wouldn't want Cheetah to be the main antagonist. I want her to a side piece, a ploy for the true main villain, of the sequel, Circe! I find Circe much more interesting.
    Circe is too generic for me and she was such a clutch for WW writers for such a long period. I would rather see villains created for WW get preferential treatment. Especially since we get Ares as the main villain for the first film.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    Circe is too generic for me and she was such a clutch for WW writers for such a long period. I would rather see villains created for WW get preferential treatment. Especially since we get Ares as the main villain for the first film.
    Circe was created to be a WW villain and Cheetah is far more of a crutch

Retired

As far as costumes go, it seems to me that Superman would go naked if not for modesty. He doesn't need a costume, because his skin is stronger than anything he could wear. And the way comics have been drawn (depending on the artist), the costumes fit so tightly that the heroes and heroines might as well be naked. All it is is colour, because if you coloured the drawings in flesh tones it would look like the heroes were nearly naked.

In ancient Greek art, the heroes and gods were portrayed as naked--even in fights and battles. But then, men back then were naked when they worked out--that's why it's a gymnasium--from gymnos [γυμνός] meaning naked.

I'd rather see the characters wearing less, because it looks like there's more on the line--they are actually vulnerable to attack. Batman in full armour seems pointless, if he can't get hurt. The Batman who used to run around in nothng but skin-tight leggings and a shirt was the bravest, because he was always in danger of getting fatally shot or knifed. And Kirk would always lose his shirt or get it riipped to shreds as soon as he got in a fight--you knew he was really into the fight when the shirt came off.

Aquaman and the Flash both make sense as naked heroes. Aquaman because he's underwater most of the time (or should be--the movie should be 99% underwater if it's going to do justice to the character). Any costume that the Flash wears should burn up from friction, whereas his powers seem to protect his flesh from any harm.

Ultimate Member

Except that this is comics, so ordinary rules don't apply. Flash and Aquaman's costumes are designed to accommodate their powers. And you want them to be taken seriously by moviegoers, AND you want actual actors to sign on and not be embarrassed. AND, it just makes them look stupid as characters.

Basically, not going to happen, nor should it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Circe was created to be a WW villain and Cheetah is far more of a crutch
    Umm, Circe is a character from actual Greek mythology, including Homer's The Odyssey. Which predate WW comics by, a few thousand years. Heck even the JLU episode where she appears references The Odyssey.

Spectacular Member

Put Ferdinand in the sequel!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Except that this is comics, so ordinary rules don't apply. Flash and Aquaman's costumes are designed to accommodate their powers. And you want them to be taken seriously by moviegoers, AND you want actual actors to sign on and not be embarrassed. AND, it just makes them look stupid as characters.

Basically, not going to happen, nor should it.
    Well, obviously. Never thought it would. Just having a friendly chat.

However, I do think Jason Mamoa will have a shirtless scene--the fangirls will want their money back if he never takes off his shirt in AQUAMAN.

It's hardly weird for an underwater swimmer. And Patrick Duffy as THE MAN FROM ATLANTIS just wore trunks.

I'd like to see a present day story with an archeology feel. Diana work at the Louvre, and contacts like Barbara Ann Minerva and the Kapatelis should be done by now. But I admit I'm not sure how that could be done without being too generic.