Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Ignoring the whole "abandoned humanity" aspect of the DCEU version of Wonder Woman, I would set it during WW2.

Diana is not a costumed, public "superhero" as Wonder Woman, but she's using her skills to subvert the reign of the Nazis. Paula Von Gunther would be the head of an Ahnenerbe (or similar) institute, an arm of the Nazis which believe that mythological tales, ancient gods, aliens, etc are real. Diana is using her skills and knowledge to track down various mystical / magical artefacts that could be used by the Nazis to give them an advantage during the war. By Diana's side is her friend and archaeologist Barbara Minerva. Diana and Barbara could even be more than friends or in the early stages of opening up their relationship to new levels of intimacy.

On one mission, Diana is in-trouble and, as a last resort, Barbara uses a mystical dagger on herself to become the "Cheetah" to save Diana. But, Barbara is at the mercy of her new "Cheetah" personality and Paula captures the Cheetah to use her as a weapon, both as the "Cheetah" and because she has knowledge about the location of a key mystical / magical weapon (the McGuffin that everyone is searching for). Diana must stop the Nazis while also trying to save her friend.

It could be a little too similar to Indiana Jones or even the first Captain America film, but I think that they could still make the story unique and interesting by focusing first and foremost on the characters. Diana is finally starting to open up again with Barbara after the events of her first film, but her hopes and dreams are stolen with the birth of the Cheetah. And Barbara could be an interesting character in and of herself - finally a chance for a well developed "villain" in a superhero film.

Otherwise, maybe "present day" with Diana researching reports about a cult arising around Circe. Diana and her good friend Barbara discover that it is true and locate Circe to determine what her plans are. Circe forcefully turns Barbara into a were-Cheetah creature to use as her "muscle" against Diana (knowing that Diana is unlikely to use lethal force to stop someone she cares about). Cue some big plan for Circe to become a goddess and replace the old pantheon in order to rule Themyscira (which she views as Paradise because of the absence of men), with the Amazons as her personal army. Wonder Woman saves the day!

Ultimate Member

I wouldn't do the WWII thing myself. Not only is it overplayed on-film, but you open yourselves up to the "you're ripping off Captain America" complaints. I'd just set it post-JL and go from there.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Who would make a good cheetah ? It would have to be someone British if we are doing modern cheetah. Maybe some day we will get the Banas in the film
    Rosamund Pike comes to mind right away for me.

Rosmand Pike would be perfect!!!!
    Richard Alexander

I can also see Emily Blunt as Barbara Minerva. I think she could play an eerie and frightening Barbara Minerva and Cheetah.

Retired

I have the feeling that the DC offices are full of non-existent chickens that they counted but never hatched. It seems like every movie--going back to SUPERMAN RETURNS and GREEN LANTERN--was going to be the big breakthrough. And each time, DC planned their universe around the potential success of that movie.

I'm hopeful for WONDER WOMAN, but quite cautiously. The fanbase has a way of shooting itself in the foot with great accuracy.

But if WONDER WOMAN is a really big hit, it's a little too bad that the next movie isn't the JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA rather than JUSTICE LEAGUE. The next logical stage after WW I is WW II--and a JSA movie would have been a way to set up the rest of the DC universe (minus Batman and Superman) and do a WW II movie without inviting comparisons to CAPTAIN AMERICA.

I think the JSA could definitely work as a covert operations team, as opposed to the more in your face JLA. Working behind the scenes to fight Hitler, tie it into Diana, having to get the Spear of Destiny away from him. I think it could be rather interesting. I think her having a trophy room of rare and powerful artifacts would tie into her being an Antiquities dealer really well. Very Indiana Jones. And this could lead into the creation of Argus and their Red Room.

Yes, lets have Diana be the backbone of the DCEU. I would crack up if they brought in from the Earth 2 Series and have them all called Wonders, as she was the first. :-D
    Last edited by richalex; 05-17-2017 at 10:06 AM.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Show Cheetah's descent into villainy. She and Diana are friends, but then Barbara becomes corrupted by power and loses herself inside the Cheetah persona. Heck since Gal has said that she'd be up for it, maybe make Barbara Diana's LI even.

I'd love to see Aquaman and/or Mera pop up as well (if given the choice of only one, I choose Mera).
    I was just about to post something like that. If Warner Bros. had the courage I would sing their praises every day. However, even though Gal is game (which is awesome!), I doubt it would happen anytime soon. Big studios don't want to take the risk. The "best" that they will due is pay lip service, or slip something in there, like Disney did with "Beauty and the Beast", or that "Power Rangers" movie. They'll allude and hint beforehand that there is this "awesome little gay moment" so that when the actual film comes out, and that "gay moment" (which could be interpreted a million other ways) is shown, they can reap whatever brownie points it affords them.

As a hypothetical, I remember Gal saying that she would like Halle Berry for the part of her lover, whichever character that may be. I'm not the biggest fan of Berry as an actress, but I can't deny the fact that it would be awesome as hell to see her in a Wonder Woman movie.

Who would make a good cheetah ? It would have to be someone British if we are doing modern cheetah. Maybe some day we will get the Banas in the film
    I've always wanted Natalie Dormer for Cheetah. She's a great actress (Game of Thrones, Elementary) who can play scheming and sympathetic very well. Plus, her eyes are very cat-like.
    Oh, and she's British, too lol

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I've always wanted Natalie Dormer for Cheetah. She's a great actress (Game of Thrones, Elementary) who can play scheming and sympathetic very well. Plus, her eyes are very cat-like.
    Oh, and she's British, too lol
    I want her for Poison Ivy. She's perfectly sultry. I actually think her Game of Thrones co-star Lena Headey (also British) is better suited for Cheetah. She was incredible in Dredd.

Of course, as I've said in the other threads, I actually think the next two films in the trilogy should be a two-parter exploring Godwatch as opposed to just one or two villains (though focus may vary on each villain for each film, with WW2 dealing with Minerva's backstory with Diana and Cale recruiting her, and WW3 on Circe and the other members). This is my ideal fancasting.

Veronica Cale - Rosamund Pike
    Cheetah - Lena Headey
    General Maru (maybe a descendant of WWI Dr. Poison) - Lucy Liu
    Doctor Cyber - Rinko Kikuchi
    Circe - Michelle Pfeiffer (I like the idea of going older with her, plus Pfeiffer killed it as the witch queen in Stardust)
    Phobos & Deimos - Maybe double duty for someone like Matt Bomer or Jaime Dornan
    Bonus: Giganta - Leslie Jones (I know, I know, but I think it could be fun, especially if they erase the gorilla/dumbing down when she grows aspects of the character)
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 05-18-2017 at 10:23 AM.

Ultimate Member

-Veronica Cale-Helena Bonham Carter.
    -Barbara Minerva/Cheetah-Either Rosamund Pike or Emily Blunt.
    -Dr. Cyber-Rebecca Ferguson.
    -Circe-Either Eva Green or Natalie Dormer.
    -Silver Swan-Rinko Kikuchi.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    -Veronica Cale-Helena Bonham Carter.
    -Barbara Minerva/Cheetah-Either Rosamund Pike or Emily Blunt.
    -Dr. Cyber-Rebecca Ferguson.
    -Circe-Either Eva Green or Natalie Dormer.
    -Silver Swan-Rinko Kikuchi.
    Helena Bonham Carter would make for an interesting Circe actually. I think Eva Green is too on the noise and I don't think she would be interested as it is kind of typecasting for her. There were rumors that she was initially offered the role of Doctor Poison in the current film but she turned it down.

If Natalie Dormer isn't cast as Poison Ivy then my second choice for her in the DCEU is Circe.

I really think somehow they should add Charlize Theron to the movies in some role. To reunite her with Patty could be an extremely good thing, her winning the Oscar for Monster and all.

(Marvel dropped the ball by not making her Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers.)
    Richard Alexander

I think Angie Harmon would make a good Superwoman! Instead of being from a parallel earth, she could be from Diana's tribe or a lost tribe on this Earth.

Halle Berry
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I really think somehow they should add Charlize Theron to the movies in some role. To reunite her with Patty could be an extremely good thing, her winning the Oscar for Monster and all.

(Marvel dropped the ball by not making her Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers.)
    Whoops, forgot all about Charlize. Her for Cheetah or Cale then and Rosamund Pike should be the other one.

So many powerhouse actresses, so few characters and less movie runtime