Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default The Flash #22 Preview/discussion

BANNED

Tomorrow...the greatest Flash returns!

Oh man, I will go the LCS after work for this, I can't wait.

That artwork looks soooo good. Wow.

Hype !!!

The art is amazing. Porter's really bringing his A-game for this issue. I'm glad he's sticking around on The Flash .

Of course Thawne would be running towards a cosmic entity with the sole purpose of screwing with Barry more .

From the sounds of it, Jay's stuck in the Speed Force like Wally was or out-of-time (along with the rest of the JSA?).

Oh my goddess. Thawne just saw
    spoilers:
    Doctor Manhattan's weenie
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 05-16-2017 at 11:23 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Oh my goddess. Thawne just saw
    spoilers:
    Doctor Manhattan's weenie
    end of spoilers
    Oh, we've all seen it...
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Jay came back only to go back to whatever place he has been stuck before? If Barry isn't Jay's lighting rod, I am excited to find out who it is. The murder suspect is God, that's hilarious. Manhattan said the name Laurie. Wasn't that girl Superboy Prime's girlfriend? Considering how the epilogue ended, I wonder if SBP has anything to do with Doomsday Clock and other rebirth mysteries.

So where Thawne is looking up and muttering '...my god', the silhouette seems to be wearing Jay's helmet. Or am I just imagining that??

Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post
    Jay came back only to go back to whatever place he has been stuck before? If Barry isn't Jay's lighting rod, I am excited to find out who it is. The murder suspect is God, that's hilarious. Manhattan said the name Laurie. Wasn't that girl Superboy Prime's girlfriend? Considering how the epilogue ended, I wonder if SBP has anything to do with Doomsday Clock and other rebirth mysteries.
    It's more probably the second Silk Spectre that Manhattan dated before she ended up with Nite Owl, whose surname was Laurie. Him speaking her name right now may well indicate that he, in fact, hasn't totally lost his touch with his humanity. And it makes me wonder : did he temper with Superman to see if it was truly possible for a god-like being to end up with a mortal and still find happiness ? If that's the case, perhaps he is tempering with the D.C. universe to get back in touch with mankind.
    Last edited by Korath; 05-17-2017 at 05:04 AM.

Excuse me? Laurie Juspeczyk, that's Sally Jupiter's daughter - aka Silk Spectre.

Always Rakzo

Thought this was solid teaser.

"Teaser" because it was mostly a set-up more than anything else. Not that it wasn't enjoyable, in fact I quite liked the references to classic Flash mythos and the upcoming inclusion of Jay is exciting but really, this story just served to create more sub-plots for upcoming stories.

Great work from Porter.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    It's more probably the second Silk Spectre that Manhattan dated before she ended up with Nite Owl, whose surname was Laurie. Him speaking her name right now may well indicate that he, in fact, hasn't totally lost his touch with his humanity. And it makes me wonder : did he temper with Superman to see if it was truly possible for a god-like being to end up with a mortal and still find happiness ? If that's the case, perhaps he is tempering with the D.C. universe to get back in touch with mankind.
    Quote Originally Posted by m4st4 View Post
    Excuse me? Laurie Juspeczyk, that's Sally Jupiter's daughter - aka Silk Spectre.
    Well, thank you guys for clearing that. Not a fan of watchmen, so that name is unfamiliar. Hence the confusion.

Spectacular Member

Great issue and good finish to the arc, finally feels like the overall narrative is starting to pick up some pace. Jay coming back only to return to the speed force was a little disappointing, but I guess Johns is saving him for the November story.
    And as for Jay's lightning rod am thinking it can be none other than his wife Joan Garrick surely?

Overall though am happy with the story and Williamsons' writing he's certainly hitting his stride imo and hyped out of my mind for the 'Doomsday Clock'

Well, thank you guys for clearing that. Not a fan of watchmen, so that name is unfamiliar. Hence the confusion.
    I could see a lot of readers being confused there if they aren't familiar with Watchmen, or aren't fans. The ending here echoed the end DC Rebirth, too, when Rebirth mentioned Adrian (Ozymandias). So far, anytime you see those little blue narration boxes with the funny font, it's a direct quote of Manhattan from the original book.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."