Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

I think there's no way Manhattan would turn out to be someone's puppet. Two years of build would lead to something like that? And who would even be powerful enough to pull his strings?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    "I'm just the puppet who can see the strings."

While they could just be dropping in quotes from Watchmen at random, I doubt it. I personally believe the Superman logo is to further hint that someone is pulling the never before-malicious Dr. Manhattan, and that his strings are being pulled by someone else. Someone who thinks that everything was better on his Earth, AKA Superboy Prime.
    I agree that someone is probably manipulating Manhattan? But it's probably Oz or a brand new character, can't see it being Superboy Prime tbh, way too immature, and I just can't see how he would do it, without getting obliterated for running his mouth in the process lol.

Quote Originally Posted by thefiresky View Post
    Is no one mad AF and/or confused about Red Robin being on the cover? Is this being talked about somewhere else?
    I was hoping that this would be addressed. I can't understand why Tim's reference on the cover and with his mention being removed from Tec #956 would be taken out. That's frustrating.
    Flash.jpg

Apparently a lot of teases to Tim have been cut. Both from this issue and the last issue of Detective Comics.

I'm also thinking Superboy Prime. I mean--it's beyond obvious that we're supposed to think Dr Manhattan--too obvious, almost. He could be quoting Watchmen having read it, and the 'Laurie' he references could be his dead pre-Crisis girlfriend. Plus, the S-shield looks a bit battered, the suit appears stained. I dunno, it just looks suspicious.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

I don't think its too obvious. Its just a natural progression. It'd be hamfisted to introduce someone else pulling the strings, and no one as hamfisted as dumbass Superboy Prime.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

It would be a huge disappointment for me if Doctor Manhattan did all of this because someone else forced him to do it. That's such a cop out. I don't mind him being a sympathetic antagonist, which I'm sure he would be, but no "invisible puppet master pulling the strings of the previous invisible puppet master" thing please. There's no need for that whatsoever. Whatever his motivations for his actions are, they better not be because someone made him do it.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-17-2017 at 03:11 PM.

Spectacular Member

I don't even think Manhattan is being manipulated, thinking more about it. I think he's been pulled into it. Like, other things happened involving maybe Rorschach/Question that involved Pandora and the real big bad. Rorschach/Question did something involving the Button, and also he helped start the path for Wally to pull himself out of the Speed Force. Somehow in the hustle of things the Button got lodged into the Batcave. Now Manhattan is getting involved because he senses something amiss.

Tldr: Manhattan is just now getting involved/observing. The real big bad is still in the shadows, and hints are pointing at SBP (though because so many are talking about, I wouldn't be surprised if they scrap that now and change it to be someone else come November based on early fan reaction/speculation).

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Getting 'General Zod'd' by Barry Allen, Stabbed by a sword weilding Thomas Wayne Batman, wacked by doctor freaking Manhattan.
    My boy Eobard knows how to make an exit.
    I love no matter how many times he dies he just shows back up, its almost comedic at this point.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I love no matter how many times he dies he just shows back up, its almost comedic at this point.
    Eobard Thawne is the "Kenny" of the DCU.

I think it's even bleeding over to the CW TV series.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySephiroth View Post
    I don't even think Manhattan is being manipulated, thinking more about it. I think he's been pulled into it. Like, other things happened involving maybe Rorschach/Question that involved Pandora and the real big bad. Rorschach/Question did something involving the Button, and also he helped start the path for Wally to pull himself out of the Speed Force. Somehow in the hustle of things the Button got lodged into the Batcave. Now Manhattan is getting involved because he senses something amiss.

Tldr: Manhattan is just now getting involved/observing. The real big bad is still in the shadows, and hints are pointing at SBP (though because so many are talking about, I wouldn't be surprised if they scrap that now and change it to be someone else come November based on early fan reaction/speculation).
    Well, I sure as hell hope they don't use the Watchmen characters to prop a cheap gimmick villain like Superboy-Prime. The most powerful being in the multiverse is being unwittingly puppeteered by some evil kid with too much time on his hands? Come on. Next thing we know, they'll have Prime pull that shit on Death and the Endless. And for what, cause maybe Prime is mad that Trump is president in the "real" universe. Seriously though, they better keep SBP away from this story. I'm going to be disappointed at best and PISSED at worst.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-17-2017 at 04:07 PM.

I'm kinda disappointed that the return of Jay was 'only' a teaser, I wish this crossover would have lasted one issue more.

Why are we talking about Prime? Is that even a possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I'm kinda disappointed that the return of Jay was 'only' a teaser, I wish this crossover would have lasted one issue more.

Why are we talking about Prime? Is that even a possibility?
    I don't know.

I think the only reason people are bringing him up is because Johns has used him quite a bit and they keep assuming he's going to be focal to Rebirth because of it.

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

I'd rather Wally be Jay's lightning rod. He was much closer to him than Barry. Joan's cool but I don't think that works like how Linda used to for Wally visually.

Nu E2 Jay can just be an unknown son (since Jay and Joan believe they couldn't have a child) erased from memory and given a fake origin. Nu E2 Alan can be Obsidian altered by Manhattan with memories changed. The rest of NuE2 characters can slide right into step with the legacy JSA/Infinity Inc characters pretty seamlessly.

P.S. It's so nice to see the best Flash costume ever again. Best Superhero costume ever! I even like the subtle additions.
    Last edited by Potanical Pardon; 05-17-2017 at 04:45 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well, I sure as hell hope they don't use the Watchmen characters to prop a cheap gimmick villain like Superboy-Prime. The most powerful being in the multiverse is being unwittingly puppeteered by some evil kid with too much time on his hands? Come on. Next thing we know, they'll have Prime pull that shit on Death and the Endless. And for what, cause maybe Prime is mad that Trump is president in the "real" universe. Seriously though, they better keep SBP away from this story. I'm going to be disappointed at best and PISSED at worst.
    Oh I agree. I wasn't saying Manhattan is being puppeteered by anyone. I was saying he isn't the big bad and is now coming in as an unaffiliated 3rd party in this conflict.