Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Radar Sense Bitches !! Matt Murdock's Swagger's Avatar

Seriously, can someone tell me the point of this button arc....What a huge disappointment as it seemed like a 4 issue rehash where nothing new is established - 2/10

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Murdock's Swagger View Post
    Seriously, can someone tell me the point of this button arc....What a huge disappointment as it seemed like a 4 issue rehash where nothing new is established - 2/10
    I'm inclined to agree. While there were some nice moments, this was all pretty much just more teasing.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    I'm inclined to agree. While there were some nice moments, this was all pretty much just more teasing.
    I know we have to be patient but I expected answers from this

I think it's fair to say that, while this story definitely did progress the Rebirth storyline and the ongoing narrative for the characters involved, it didn't particularly reveal much about what's going on.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's fair to say that, while this story definitely did progress the Rebirth storyline and the ongoing narrative for the characters involved, it didn't particularly reveal much about what's going on.
    And no Red Robin!

Seriously, he better have been removed because they had ambitious changes in their plans for him, not just some case of them accidentally running out of room for him.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    And no Red Robin!

Seriously, he better have been removed because they had ambitious changes in their plans for him, not just some case of them accidentally running out of room for him.
    I agree. I'm trying to stay positive, but it's hard

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well, I sure as hell hope they don't use the Watchmen characters to prop a cheap gimmick villain like Superboy-Prime. The most powerful being in the multiverse is being unwittingly puppeteered by some evil kid with too much time on his hands? Come on. Next thing we know, they'll have Prime pull that shit on Death and the Endless. And for what, cause maybe Prime is mad that Trump is president in the "real" universe. Seriously though, they better keep SBP away from this story. I'm going to be disappointed at best and PISSED at worst.
    lol, DC is gonna feel the wrath, I suppose.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This whole crossover was the storytelling equivalent of treading water.

What did the characters learn that they didn't know before? That someone is manipulating their history? They already knew that back when Wally told them in DC Rebirth #1.

What did the readers learn that they didn't know before? That elements from the Pre-Flashpoint history are coming back? That Dr. Manhattan is involved? That Superman is involved? We already knew all this back when we read DC Rebirth #1.

So, what exactly was the forward momentum in this story? That Batman is now questioning whether or not he should be Batman? That's it?

I'm sorry, if you enjoyed this story, be my guest, but this is straight-up filler as far as I can see.

This was a magnificent crossover, i loved the art and the storytelling, this is what great storytelling is about.

My review of the Button crossover:

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

I wouldn't say we didn't learn anything.

We learned Manhattan is keeping certain timelines or periods intact to use as part of whatever he's doing to the heroes, and we've also seen what's going on with Jay which actually seems disconnected to what we know happened to the JSA.

And of course there are the future implications for Bruce and Barry after what they've witnessed, which we're likely to see play out in their respective books.

The last issue of The Flash also alluded to the new extended post-Reborn timeline for the League.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't say we didn't learn anything.

We learned Manhattan is keeping certain timelines or periods intact to use as part of whatever he's doing to the heroes, and we've also seen what's going on with Jay which actually seems disconnected to what we know happened to the JSA.

And of course there are the future implications for Bruce and Barry after what they've witnessed, which we're likely to see play out in their respective books.

The last issue of The Flash also alluded to the new extended post-Reborn timeline for the League.
    We already knew that there was more to Flashpoint than previously thought. That was already revealed in DC Rebirth #1. Elaborating on it barely qualifies as new info. We haven't actually learned anything new about Jay & the JSA. We got pretty much the same info we did in DC Rebirth #1 when it was revealed that Johnny Thunder erased the world's memories of his team-mates. That only thing that would qualify as new info is that Jay is stuck in the Speed Force, where he has access to his full history--which we already knew from Wally in, you guessed it, DC Rebirth #1.

Bruce worrying about whether or not he should be Batman while still appearing in 10 different comics a month as Batman is hardly a big event. Barry's learned exactly what? That someone was messing with time and it wasn't Thawne, which Wally already told him way back in, all together now, Rebirth #1.

We already knew that the DCU's timeline had expanded to include Pre-Flashpoint elements, this was already established and elaborated upon by many other comics prior to The Button.

So, aside from some nice art and making Batman even more emo for the next few months, what exactly was the point of The Button?

Did we learn anything about Tim Drake and the rest of Oz's prisoners? Nope.

Did we learn anything new about the masterminds behind the theft of the 10 years? Nada.

Did we learn anything about what's going on? No.

Given that Superman Reborn and The Button were hyped as the essential follow-ups to the ball Johns got rolling in June, this particular story is pretty much a dud. It's like if Empire Strikes Back was just Darth Vader chasing Luke around the galaxy for two hours and the big reveal at the end is the Emperor's hologram.

At least Superman Reborn resolved something, even though it was done pretty how everyone thought it was going to be resolved as soon as they read, you guessed it, DC Rebirth #1.

Again, if you liked the story, more power to you, but this felt like a giant waste of talent all around.

Incredible Member

And on top of all that, I still don't understand how Barry came to the conclusion that Thawne's death was what triggered everything. It seemed silly and it didn't have anything to do with anything for me. It didn't seem like he knew what he was talking about. It was disconnected.

Good art, some nice character moments, but overall a lot of nothing. Before this arc we knew that Dr. Manhattan had stolen/altered time, that button was the key, and that the JSA would eventually return. At the end of these 4 comics we're in the exact same spot. It was great to see Jay but it was a big tease.

I really wish DC wouldn't have announced The Doomsday Clock before this issue. Seeing Superman's shield at the end would have been much more cool and exciting.

Fantastic Member

We already knew that there was more to Flashpoint than previously thought. That was already revealed in DC Rebirth #1. Elaborating on it barely qualifies as new info. We haven't actually learned anything new about Jay & the JSA. We got pretty much the same info we did in DC Rebirth #1 when it was revealed that Johnny Thunder erased the world's memories of his team-mates. That only thing that would qualify as new info is that Jay is stuck in the Speed Force, where he has access to his full history--which we already knew from Wally in, you guessed it, DC Rebirth #1.

Bruce worrying about whether or not he should be Batman while still appearing in 10 different comics a month as Batman is hardly a big event. Barry's learned exactly what? That someone was messing with time and it wasn't Thawne, which Wally already told him way back in, all together now, Rebirth #1.

We already knew that the DCU's timeline had expanded to include Pre-Flashpoint elements, this was already established and elaborated upon by many other comics prior to The Button.

So, aside from some nice art and making Batman even more emo for the next few months, what exactly was the point of The Button?

Did we learn anything about Tim Drake and the rest of Oz's prisoners? Nope.

Did we learn anything new about the masterminds behind the theft of the 10 years? Nada.

Did we learn anything about what's going on? No.

Given that Superman Reborn and The Button were hyped as the essential follow-ups to the ball Johns got rolling in June, this particular story is pretty much a dud. It's like if Empire Strikes Back was just Darth Vader chasing Luke around the galaxy for two hours and the big reveal at the end is the Emperor's hologram.

At least Superman Reborn resolved something, even though it was done pretty how everyone thought it was going to be resolved as soon as they read, you guessed it, DC Rebirth #1.

Again, if you liked the story, more power to you, but this felt like a giant waste of talent all around.

THIS should be its own thread headline here ! I 150 % agree with EVERYTHING bored at 3:00am says word for word!

again....when are we going to get ANSWERS to DC comics rebirth? I'd LOVE a reveal of Mr. Oz it's been 3 yrs!! would love to know who ELSE is in his prison! the fate of red robin?

would love to have more info on the LOSH ! & Saturn girl what was her purpose in the button ? this comic told me stuff I KNEW back in DC Rebirth!

one question: where in the next few months are we to get anymore info? do we really have to wait til November?