Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DC Comics Historian

Default Where in the hell did Batman get a tuning fork anyway??

I assume this will be explained Ibut unless I am mistaken the tuning fork(s) was not present in Darkseid War right? And if that's the case with Crisis both happening and not happening the way we remember it as well as Infinite Crisis may or may not have happened at all how would there be a tuning fork just laying around? Is this just another example of Snyder being Snyder with logic? I mean, there literally was a tuning fork in the Fortress of Solitude in Infinite Crisis so the shifting timelines could have explained it. BUT now we have a conundrum on our hands here.

Quote Originally Posted by theonetruebatman View Post
    I assume this will be explained Ibut unless I am mistaken the tuning fork(s) was not present in Darkseid War right? And if that's the case with Crisis both happening and not happening the way we remember it as well as Infinite Crisis may or may not have happened at all how would there be a tuning fork just laying around? Is this just another example of Snyder being Snyder with logic? I mean, there literally was a tuning fork in the Fortress of Solitude in Infinite Crisis so the shifting timelines could have explained it. BUT now we have a conundrum on our hands here.
    He couldn't keep one in his utility belt or the glove box of the Batmobile?
    They aren't hard to come by . . .

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I expect that we will at least learn a bit more how events lead to Batman acquiring the fork and what he was thinking.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

DC Comics Historian

Sometimes I think the responses on this message board are robotic. Like as if there are canned responses and you can just insert nouns like a comic book mad lib...

Sometimes I think the plural noun on this message board are adjective. Like as if there are plural noun and you can just insert plural noun like a noun party game...

Another dumb idea, by Snyder,

"Oh , guess what, here's another thing about Batmans past that nobody knows about"

Enough of this. PLEase

Fantastic Member

Could someone please explain what that tower Batman's keeping in the Fortress of Solitude is supposed to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    Could someone please explain what that tower Batman's keeping in the Fortress of Solitude is supposed to be?
    A Bat-Porta-Potty?

From what I understand, it's a piece of the Anti-Monitor and is a multiverse-level threat. I'm not for sure exactly what it does, though.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

The only other towers of this kind were the original Monitor's in COIE and Alexander Luthor's in INFINITE CRISIS. Ostensibly, those were all destroyed, so it's really curious where this one came from.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Bruce built it in his spare time in the Batcave's utility shed, using parts he found just lying around Wayne Industries Labs (and in the process, really annoying Lucius Fox).
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.

Astonishing Member

Were all the tuning forks from COIE destroyed?

I mean, its possible that with so much Pre-Flashpoint continuity back, some version of the Crisis happened and Batman salvaged one of the Anti-Monitor's towers.

DC Comics Historian

I thought that perhaps it was the Tuning Fork they used in Infinite Crisis at the Fortress of Solitude from when Kon-El died. But if that was the case I guess I am confused as to how Superman didn't know it was there considering he actually lived through those events. I still need to reread Darkseid War though because I can't remember if there was any in that story. What also strikes me is that Miracle looked like he not only know what it was but he looked scared. So, interesting reaction.

DC Comics Historian

Each Universe in the Multiverse resonates or vibrates at a different frequency. That frequency like all frequencies usually sounds like a musical note. So just like different musical tuning forks give off different noises when they vibrate so do these giant towers that are like the one Batman has. What they do is they are able to poke holes in the "Bleed" or the spaces between universes therefore making it not only easy to travel to and from the universes but also you can merge and segregate different earths. In Crisis on Infinite Earths Earth 1 and Earth 2 eventually became one world after all the other infinite earths were destroyed. However, in Infinite Crisis it was shown that with the tuning forks and using the Anti-Monitors corpses as like a source of cosmic DNA Alexander Luthor was able to recreate 52 Earths out of the Infinite Possibilities there were Pre-Crisis.

However, his true goal at first was to convince Superman that they saved the wrong Earth in COIE. So they were going to bring back Earth 2. However, like all Luthors Alexander went mad over the years they spent locked away inside the paradise dimension and he decided he wanted to create the perfect earth in his own image without any threat to him ever again. Hope that helps!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theonetruebatman View Post
    I thought that perhaps it was the Tuning Fork they used in Infinite Crisis at the Fortress of Solitude from when Kon-El died. But if that was the case I guess I am confused as to how Superman didn't know it was there considering he actually lived through those events. I still need to reread Darkseid War though because I can't remember if there was any in that story. What also strikes me is that Miracle looked like he not only know what it was but he looked scared. So, interesting reaction.
    Could have to do with the fact that Kon El doesn't really exist as far as we know.
    Last edited by Harpsikord; 06-18-2017 at 04:29 PM.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey