Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    People need to grow the eff up. First complaints were Lois being kept in the background being "Mom", now the complaint is that she's being pseudo-fridged. If Lois is getting in the thick of things, she could get hurt, unless she acquires powers. If she gets through without a scratch, then it becomes a Mary Sue story.
    Speaking of which. If we're getting two Lois's now for the price of one, what happened to Superwoman? Was Lois ever Superwoman after the retcon? Will she be again?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KingDragonlord View Post
    Speaking of which. If we're getting two Lois's now for the price of one, what happened to Superwoman? Was Lois ever Superwoman after the retcon? Will she be again?
    Nah, I'm think we're done with Lois having super-powers. The current canon is hinting Lana was always Superwoman and Lois experiences in the role have been relegated to nightmares Lana has been having.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    A few complainers on Twitter but not a heavy backlash yet.
    There's thank god context to look at, and more and more people are at least waiting for next issues to get proper context before going immediately into shock-value reactionism.

Obvious context, too. Like, "there's a lot of fridging in fiction, but DC and Tomasi aren't gonna fridge LOIS LANE." Or even more story-focused context, like "well I mean, come now, Manchester Black is the villain and he's all about fakeouts and headgames and illusions." Or even light optimistic takes like "actually, could I live with Lois Lane being a physically handicapped woman representative in comics, particularly if she gets a prosthetic leg and treats the whole thing in proper Lois Lane fashion, where she's like "yeah it's a fake leg, NO BIG DEAL, tell me about your connections to Senator Corrupty McGee."
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

weirdscience

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman3113 View Post
    Agreed. Those pages looked pretty sloppy compared to the rest of the book. Hard to make out what was happening.
    You are a tough critic indeed!