View Poll Results: Supreme Elemental

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obviously Thor. The Phoenix burns through lies.

74 54.01%
  • Storm! Feats include breathing underwater, making clothes and not being a funnel!

26 18.98%
  • Meggan is Mother Earth's favorite. <3

37 27.01%
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

As I have pointed out before, Storm is just a first-level mutant. She isn't connected to cosmic forces through raw magic, like Thor is. I don't know what Meggan's status is. If she is just a mutant, then she isn't as powerful as Thor. If she's true faerie, then it is a tough call.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Blame Guggenheim.....
    Lemire wrote her talking to a hallucination - in Limbo, where she decided to move the school, of all places. (Another symptom of being unwell?)

Humphries wrote her lobotomizing Bishop without permission to "fix" him. (If you recall, he didn't need "fixing" - he was always a maniac from the future with a set of goals that would theoretically alter history and prevent his terrible timeline. She robbed him of his agency.)

Lemire, Soule, and Guggenheim wrote her being manic/depressive about her leadership decisions.

No, I don't think I'll blame Guggenheim for this. It looks like it's her long-term character progression. This thread may have inadvertently hit on something really important.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    As I have pointed out before, Storm is just a first-level mutant. She isn't connected to cosmic forces through raw magic, like Thor is. I don't know what Meggan's status is. If she is just a mutant, then she isn't as powerful as Thor. If she's true faerie, then it is a tough call.
    In bold is incorrect, because Storm actually can manipulate Cosmic Energy. Every thing Thor does is Magic hence why he can do the things in Space on a grander scale. However, that doesn't make Jane more powerful. Going by feats they are pretty equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Lemire wrote her talking to a hallucination - in Limbo, where she decided to move the school, of all places. (Another symptom of being unwell?)

Humphries wrote her lobotomizing Bishop without permission to "fix" him. (If you recall, he didn't need "fixing" - he was always a maniac from the future with a set of goals that would theoretically alter history and prevent his terrible timeline. She robbed him of his agency.)

Lemire, Soule, and Guggenheim wrote her being manic/depressive about her leadership decisions.

No, I don't think I'll blame Guggenheim for this. It looks like it's her long-term character progression. This thread may have inadvertently hit on something really important.
    I have not read all those books, but Storm debased herself to science the moment she joined Xavier's school.

In bold is incorrect, because Storm actually can manipulate Cosmic Energy. Every thing Thor does is Magic hence why he can do the things in Space on a grander scale. However, that doesn't make Jane more powerful. Going by feats they are pretty equal.
    She can manipulate it, but that's not a true connection. I can manipulate a keyboard by lifting it, but I had to learn how to type.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post

LOL talking to yourself doesn't mean your unwell. It wasn't a hallucination Storm was trying to see what would Pro.X would do . That's not crazy.

So let me get this straight your blaming the character and not the writers who clearly don't know how to write her?

BANNED

She can manipulate it, but that's not a true connection. I can manipulate a keyboard by lifting it, but I had to learn how to type.
    No your misunderstanding it. Going to the galactic Core feat she is absorbing Cosmic Energy. Millions of Stars and Suns she didn't have time to learn it. She just did it. The fact she's states that it sustains her through mind body and soul basically told us the Earth isn't the only thing she is a connection too. She has a connection to all life that includes Stars and Suns.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 05-17-2017 at 12:38 PM.

No your misunderstanding it. Going to the galactic Core feat she is absorbing Cosmic Energy. Millions of Stars and Suns she didn't have time to learn it. She just did it. The fact she's states that it sustains her through mind body and soul basically told us she has is the connection.
    No. That's just absorbing the light from stars. How many watts is one little twinkle from billions of miles away?

BANNED

No. That's just absorbing the light from stars. How many watts is one little twinkle from billions of miles away?
    No she isn't absorbing the light. She is absorbing the millions of Stars Energy that's it.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

LOL talking to yourself doesn't mean your unwell. It wasn't a hallucination Storm was trying to see what would Pro.X would do . That's not crazy.
    She's imaging visual and audio components of the late Professor Charles Xavier, and engaging in conversation with these imaginings. Hallucinations. She's not just talking through mundane tasks, "thinking out loud" like some routinely do. Compound this with the other noted symptoms, and it's clear.

Maybe we'll see that the power she wields is hard on her body and/or psyche? We don't know where this story is going. (Hopefully, it's not another Cyclops, Jean Grey, Onslaught, or Scarlet Witch retread. [See? There's certainly precedent for this.])

But, all that side: It's OK - I hope you're not trying to stigmatize the state of her mental health. That is precisely the attitude that makes people bottle up their problems until the boil over, instead of seeking help - both professionally and friendly. All told, a story centered on Storm's mental health would be very topical.

Moreover, it's not like this is the first time we've seen Storm struggle with her mental health. She's long suspected she's "insane".
    StormXavierInsane.JPG

I also seem to recall a time when Sage was going to shoot Storm with a rifle, because she suspected Storm was an immediate large-scale threat due to mental health issues, but Bishop(!) talked Sage out of it.

So let me get this straight your blaming the character and not the writers who clearly don't know how to write her?
    She's a fictional character in a serial format story who has been written by at least a dozen writers over the course of a 40+ year publication history. Continuity is continuity - the canon is canon. People don't think these are real people, do they?

Besides, I think "blame" isn't the right word, or action, here. Can I "blame" her for her deteriorating mental health? If she was using stimulants that cause the deterioration, like Magneto has been known to, maybe. The cause of her mental health deterioration remains to be seen, but I'd bet that it's caused by something I can't "blame" on her - as is oftenthe case with people in real-life.

No she isn't absorbing the light. She is absorbing the millions of Stars Energy that's it.
    The energy of millions of stars - as it travels lightyears - is just that, light. It was like channeling the electricity of a brightly lit room. That's not on the same level as wielding the energies that mjolnir carries.

BANNED

Poll results seem to indicate otherwise. :/

BANNED

The energy of millions of stars - as it travels lightyears - is just that, light. It was like channeling the electricity of a brightly lit room. That's not on the same level as wielding the energies that mjolnir carries.
    No your still not getting it. What's going on her is she is being fed Energy from the a Galactic Core NOT light. As she said "The sudden influx of power caught the embryo off guard" If it was Light she would not be fed this much energy. So yes it is on the same level.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Poll results seem to indicate otherwise. :/
    LOL That doesn't make them right :/
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 05-17-2017 at 01:02 PM.

No your still not getting it. What's going on her is she is being fed Energy from the a Galactic Core NOT light. As she said "The sudden influx of power caught the embryo off guard" If it was Light she would not be fed this much energy. So yes it is on the same level.
    Yes, turning a lot of light into electricity would catch any embryo off guard. Brood fetuses aren't invulnerable.