Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Fine, I'm not sure where this 'WW is bulletproof meme' came from, but it always struck me as 'Let's make WW like Superman!'
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Mighty Member

It makes no sense to me. I think that she should be able to take bullets and stuff like that with no problem. Her bracelets can be used to defend anything else and its not like bullets and bracelets need to be a constant thing it can be just a reference to the past. Superman doesn't just leap tall buildings anymore and Batman doesn't just drive a green hooptie so i don't see the problem in making her bulletproof.
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 05-17-2017 at 05:31 PM.

Well she doesn't die from the bullet unlike what's implied she was die, it just hurts. So it seems that if knowing she is being shoot at she would be fine. She didn't die.

I've always said that WW shouldn't be outright bulletproof/invulnerable, and I think most writers actually agree with that; contrary to popular belief, there are very few instances throughout comics of her being outright impervious to damage.

That said, a simple bullet going straight through her with no resistance whatsoever is...a bit overkill to me. That doesn't even happen to Aquaman, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite's Champion View Post
    It makes no sense to me. I think that she should be able to take bullets and stuff like that with no problem. Her bracelets can be used to defend anything else and its not like bullets and bracelets need to be a constant thing it can be just a reference to the past. Superman doesn't just leap tall buildings anymore and Batman doesn't just drive a green hooptie so i don't see the problem in making her bulletproof.
    She just feels pain from them. And the bracelets are iconic like Superman's S. They also qualify as a piercing weapon and virtually all warriors and soldiers use some sort of piercing weapon so I feel it's fitting for her to be able to be hurt by them.

This really should just be the official answer to this quetsion.

Richard Alexander

Here's why I want her to be bulletproof (and was sad to see she wasn't)

1. When she was first created, bullets were one of the primary lethal attacks. Stopping a speeding bullet was describing Superman at his best because bullets were the badass choice of killing someone.

2. Since then, though, we have lasers and adamantium (and similar metals), and nuclear weapons. Superman could stop a bullet, for example, but as the real world and then the comic world scaled up, so did his defenses.

3. Plenty of other heroes who were originally *not* bulletproof back when they were created but are now today as part of that scaling up of superheroes. Batman has taken automatic weapons fire to the chest without slowing down, and Aquaman took a point blank bullet to the head (not his armor) and we saw a trickle of blood and an angry Aquaman.

Diana needs to keep pace with this 'arms race', so to speak. Let lasers and radioactive bolts and 'adamantium' weapons pierce her flesh so she has to deflect/block those. Bullets should be yesterday's problem.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    She just feels pain from them. And the bracelets are iconic like Superman's S. They also qualify as a piercing weapon and virtually all warriors and soldiers use some sort of piercing weapon so I feel it's fitting for her to be able to be hurt by them.
    I think Gaelforce answered this perfectly. The bracelets shouldn't go anywhere but they can be used for much stronger weapons/attacks. I think Gail Simone got it right when the only type of piercing weapons that hurt her were those that were made with Godly magic. It's not like her villains can't get there hands on weapons like that anyway it really shouldnt be easy for any old person on earth to have something that can hurt her. I dont need her to be superman invulnerable but regular human weapons don't need to hurt her imo unless its something super powerful or a special case like one of her villains crafted a weapon just for her.

Question; when has Diana in post crisis ever been shown as being harmed by non magical, alien or enhanced weaponry?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Fine, I'm not sure where this 'WW is bulletproof meme' came from, but it always struck me as 'Let's make WW like Superman!'
    Supes is not the only character that is bullet proof. And it's not like he started out with most of his most well known powers any way. SHazam had power of flight before he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Question; when has Diana in post crisis ever been shown as being harmed by non magical, alien or enhanced weaponry?
    Yeah, I can't think of a single one.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Supes is not the only character that is bullet proof. And it's not like he started out with most of his most well known powers any way. SHazam had power of flight before he did.
    Which was also a mistake too, both Superman and Wonder Woman should not be able to fly.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
    I've always said that WW shouldn't be outright bulletproof/invulnerable, and I think most writers actually agree with that; contrary to popular belief, there are very few instances throughout comics of her being outright impervious to damage.

That said, a simple bullet going straight through her with no resistance whatsoever is...a bit overkill to me. That doesn't even happen to Aquaman, after all.
    Agree with this.

I hate Wonder Wonan Woman being invulnerable - that's a kryptonian thing. She should be resistant to damage, not outright invulnerable, which itself has its own perks & separatea her from the rest.

Cause whereas a Kryptonians & others with outright invulnerability would have an "all or nothing" defense, which is to say they take absolutely no damage from most things, Wonder Woman would have a more reliant defense.

Essentially, like how in games certain armor would reduce damage by a percent while others would have a set damage capacity that must be broken before any damage can actually be done, Wonder Woman would be the former & those with invulnerability the latter.

She's suppose to be a warrior. Her actually feeling pain unlike those with vulnerability should ve a testament to her strength.
    Last edited by Marik Swift; 05-18-2017 at 02:55 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Here's why I want her to be bulletproof (and was sad to see she wasn't)

1. When she was first created, bullets were one of the primary lethal attacks. Stopping a speeding bullet was describing Superman at his best because bullets were the badass choice of killing someone.

2. Since then, though, we have lasers and adamantium (and similar metals), and nuclear weapons. Superman could stop a bullet, for example, but as the real world and then the comic world scaled up, so did his defenses.

3. Plenty of other heroes who were originally *not* bulletproof back when they were created but are now today as part of that scaling up of superheroes. Batman has taken automatic weapons fire to the chest without slowing down, and Aquaman took a point blank bullet to the head (not his armor) and we saw a trickle of blood and an angry Aquaman.

Diana needs to keep pace with this 'arms race', so to speak. Let lasers and radioactive bolts and 'adamantium' weapons pierce her flesh so she has to deflect/block those. Bullets should be yesterday's problem.
    Think the reason the weakness to bullets/piercing weapons is retained because they either had to invent a new weakness for her, depower her or somehow focus on the other weakess she's had: going mad without the bracelets or loose her powers if they her hands were tied together.

Or they could simply do what Tom Taylor did with X-23: Laura gets shot, alot, and it doesn't bother or stop her. But she just got a bulletproof outfit because it still hurts getting shot. Diana could be the same that she does the bullets and bracelets due to personal comfort and an increased area of protection. You could then say that she is immune to small arms fire, like pistols or M16's but a shot from something like an anti-vehicle rifle can hurt her.

Quote Originally Posted by Marik Swift View Post
    Agree with this.

I hate Wonder Wonan Woman being invulnerable - that's a kryptonian thing. She should be resistant to damage, not outright invulnerable, which itself has its own perks & separatea her from the rest.

Cause whereas a Kryptonians & others with outright invulnerability would have an "all or nothing" defense, which is to say they take absolutely no damage from most things, Wonder Woman would have a more reliant defense.

Essentially, like how in games certain armor would reduce damage by a percent while others would have a set damage capacity that must be broken before any damage can actually be done, Wonder Woman would be the former & those with invulnerability the latter.

She's suppose to be a warrior. Her actually feeling pain unlike those with vulnerability should ve a testament to her strength.
    Kryptonian a aren't invulnerable. There are things that can pierce their skin

Fantastic Member

1. Nothing good has come from Marston's writing, so this idea that Marston made her vulnerable to bullets holds no weight today.

2. Bullets aren't piercing object, you can't push a bullet into someone's body like a knife. It's the force behind bullet that penetrates. A round object traveling at the speed of sound would pierce human flesh as well.

3. Being invulnerable to bullets isn't a kryptonian thing, there are plenty of characters who are invulnerable to bullets. Luke cage, rhino, ironman, booster gold, captain marvel, hulk, thundra, she hulk, emperor penguine and Valkyrie.
    Last edited by Rig; 05-18-2017 at 03:09 AM.