Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Amazing Member

Magic is usually left undefined in comics, although nowadays in the movies (Marvel's Thor) they try to push the idea that its just advanced/alien science that works in ways we don't understand. Fair enough..

In Diana's case, it shouldn't make sense that a bullet can pierce her shoulder but she can also contain a grenade explosion in her hands. There have been explanations given, as someone said above, the bullets could have been god-forged and thus able to bypass both Diana's reflexes and her tough skin.

From the Perez run, we got some information about Diana's bracelets. They kind of work like a D&D magic item, in that they confer an armor protection on her rather than being necessary to place in between her and the oncoming attack. In one scene, she is thrown off one of Circe's beastiamorphs, and clearly falls onto her back from a great height, but says that her bracelets absorbed much of the impact (her hands were spread upward, and were the furthest part of her body from the point of impact; that's absolutely magic happening, and not science.) Also when she crosses them together (as Zeus once was depicted as clashing the Aegis to create destructive thunder, the shield they were forged from) they create a force field that can resist any attack, reflecting even the combined energy of the Greek gods and amplifying the reflected blast enough to destroy mount Olympus itself. Those bracelets are crazy powerful; its the only way I can rationalize someone who can bathe in a nuclear blast unharmed but can be cut by a common knife or bullet.

Maybe she needs to be aware of the attack for the protection to happen? If she steels herself, she can withstand anything? I found it odd that she didn't see or hear Maru's bullet coming so I assume there was something amiss.

So.. yeah. Magic!
    Last edited by TimothyLaskey; 05-19-2017 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
    All that said...the other thing is that we saw Diana cover a grenade blast with her bare hands in Year One (I was just reminded of this 'cuz my trade came in the mail today. YUSS) and like...clearly that didn't blow up her hands or anything. Are bullets really much more forceful than point-blank grenades?

I think this is something we'll have to eventually no-prize as Maru's bullets being extra super duper special, or something.
    It's the only thing that makes sense to me. Besides, what real villain would use ordinary weapons on a supertough hero?

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    One thing if they do make her bulletproof why not also have her weakness be her bracelets again. Both her greatest weapon and greatest weakness. Anyone capable of breaking the bracelets sends Diana into her berserk mode. I mean to be honest if we want Diana to be bulletproof when she is giving her gifts okay but it she ever gets the gifts taken away her average thing to bullets should be Rucka's they don't kill her but they hurt. The amazons skins should be tough but not like the magic that Diana has so bullets should harm them but not kill.
    Personally I feel like Amazon's should just be really hard to kill. They aren't particularly strong (1 ton tops), fast (30MPH tops) or durable (no bulletproof skin), but they should be really hard to kill. Like they can take a punch from Superman, and it would break their bones, etc, but it wouldn't kill them. Combine that with their skill (they should be THE greatest fighters in the world) and they are more interesting than if they were just another set of "flying bricks" (except the flying part).

Hell I'd go as far as to say that Deathstroke's supersoldier serum originates from their physiology.
    Last edited by Marik Swift; 05-20-2017 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marik Swift View Post
    Personally I feel like Amazon's should just be really hard to kill. They aren't particularly strong (1 ton tops), fast (30MPH tops) or durable (no bulletproof skin), but they should be really hard to kill. Like they can take a punch from Superman, and it would break their bones, etc, but it wouldn't kill them. Combine that with their skill (they should be THE greatest fighters in the world) and they are more interesting than if they were just another set of "flying bricks" (except the flying part).

Hell I'd go as far as to say that Deathstroke's supersoldier serum originates from their physiology.
    I can agree with that. One thing I would love to see is that some amazons have unique skills and can use magic . I mean we have seen it before but notheing unique. They could be benders and their magic could be that their hands or any other parts turn into what they spell is

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    One thing if they do make her bulletproof why not also have her weakness be her bracelets again. Both her greatest weapon and greatest weakness. Anyone capable of breaking the bracelets sends Diana into her berserk mode. I mean to be honest if we want Diana to be bulletproof when she is giving her gifts okay but it she ever gets the gifts taken away her average thing to bullets should be Rucka's they don't kill her but they hurt. The amazons skins should be tough but not like the magic that Diana has so bullets should harm them but not kill.
    I dont mind the bracelets holding her powers from some beserker like strength but I think they can do that without the bracelets being chained weakness or having her lose her ability to think for herself/going off into some sort of hulk rage. I get the logic behind it but they have some bad connotations that I think many of us would be uncomfortable with. I don't think either would ever be necessary especially since they can always find a way to raise the stakes with as much magic and sci-fi going on in this world.
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 05-25-2017 at 12:13 AM.

Clark & Diana Whata Team! Super-Wonder's Avatar

Default Here she Tanks a surface to air missile.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Wonder View Post

Against my better judgement, I'm posting this image to, again, demonstrate that bullets should not be a factor against Wonder Woman.
    The image is from Wonder Woman Annual #1, out today. Check out those last 4 panels of that image from "The Last Kaiju" story.

I'm very sorry to bring this up again but I'm compelled beyond reason.
    Wonderfully Superb

so, yeah, super-bullet....