Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Default New Star Wars Toys - The Last Jedi

So, last Friday the toys were supposed to be available to purchase so I went out to my local Walmart and they didn't have any of them. I was shocked. And I know they didn't put any out and everything was sold out right away because I looked for the new section where they put the SW toys and there wasn't any there or anywhere in the toy department. I was very surprised to say the least, but I was in a hurry and didn't have time to ask the employees why they didn't have them in yet.

Fast forward to today and I had to go there to pick up a few things and went by the toy section and there's two huge displays with the new toys plus the action figures in the toy section (not sure why they split them up like that but whatever).

I ended up buying the new Rey and Luke 3.75 "Force Link" figures and the Force Link Starter Set with Kylo. They had a good price on both. The figures were only $7.95 apiece and the FL Starter Set with Kylo was $24.00 (just a heads up, there's a $10 coupon off of that you can get with some cereal brands).

I didn't want to go crazy today and buy a lot of stuff (I have a TON of collected edition of comics to get for the next three months), so I had to be a little judicious with my money.

I may buy some more here and there, but that was a decent start. Anyone else getting anything new yet?

Oh, and a question for everyone. I didn't take the force link starter set out and try to play with it or anything because I'm saving these new toys for my grandchildren so they can have them mint, fresh out of the box. Is there any potential damage that could be caused by a battery being left inside of that if I don't take it out? Just curious.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

iMan 42s

I got a stuffed Porg.
    Looking to get that Black series Poe Dameron helmet since I picked up that Stormtrooper helmet (which is awesome). I hope they do more of these as not only do they look good but if the quality is kept up it makes cosplayer's lives that much easier. I was also debating the Sphero BB-8 but there is an R2 Builders club that meets relatively close to me, so I may just spend the time working on a BB-8 or R2 unit when I'm done with my Clone trooper builds. Jeez hobbies are expensive.

On your battery, the thing might be fine considering how long it would probably have to stay on the shelf. If nobody is reporting a bad battery it's probably fine to leave the battery in.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I got a stuffed Porg.
    Looking to get that Black series Poe Dameron helmet since I picked up that Stormtrooper helmet (which is awesome). I hope they do more of these as not only do they look good but if the quality is kept up it makes cosplayer's lives that much easier. I was also debating the Sphero BB-8 but there is an R2 Builders club that meets relatively close to me, so I may just spend the time working on a BB-8 or R2 unit when I'm done with my Clone trooper builds. Jeez hobbies are expensive.
    Right?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    On your battery, the thing might be fine considering how long it would probably have to stay on the shelf. If nobody is reporting a bad battery it's probably fine to leave the battery in.
    Cool, thanks
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I don't collect stuff like this as much anymore but I do like to at least get something from each movie. I picked up the hot wheels resistance bomber when I saw it at target and ordered the hot wheels tie silencer and ski speeder on amazon before they sold out.

I'm disappointed in how the figures have changed, the black series ones are nice but expensive and can be hard to find, and the cheaper ones are such a step down from seemingly even the early 90s ones. Feel like the revenge of the sith ear ones got pretty good with the articulation and paint jobs, near or at the same level of the black series ones, but where around the price of the cheap barely articulate ones we have now.

Not that much of a toy collector (I'm into the books and comics more). I might want to get the new Black series Rey figurine (although since I already have the TFA version, that might depend on the differences in costume and props). Since I have a few of the Hot Wheels character cars, I'd like to get the new ones for Rey and the evil BB-8 (maybe the Finn one too, to go with the Rey one).

The whole voice chip toys thing sounds cool, but I'm not sure if I'd ever want to buy enough toys to make it worth it.