Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

A few data points:

- The Force Awakens novelization establishes that Snoke saw the rise and fall of the Empire, so he was around during the Clone Wars (although we don't know where he was at the time or what he was doing).

- The novelization also states that Snoke was away of Kylo Ren's birth and working to turn him to the dark side from the beginning. Leia was aware of this and unsuccessfully tried to prevent it.

- A Star Wars Insider magazine article reprinted a Tweet from Pablo Hidalgo confirming that Leia and Snoke know each other, although the exacts are TBD.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    My guess is that he's Darth Plagueis

Plagueis was Palpatine's Teacher. His specialty was force control. Specifically healing

- Palpatine supposedly killed Plagueis in his sleep. Plagueis probably went into some sort of coma and it took a while to put himself back together
    - In the book, (although I'm a bit sketchy) The test Plagueis gave to Palpatine was to kill his father. Kylo Ren followed those footsteps.
    - Plagueis was referred to as "The Wise" Snoke was also regarded as wise
    - It was said Plagueis is going to be a new character.
    Snoke is not going to be some obscure character that got mentioned once in the movies. If he's somebody at all, he's going to be somebody 80% of movie-goers are familiar with.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    - A Star Wars Insider magazine article reprinted a Tweet from Pablo Hidalgo confirming that Leia and Snoke know each other, although the exacts are TBD.
    I would be very surprised if Leia didn't know Snoke.

Snoke is Snoke.

The origin and connections I'm sure will come.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Maybe he was the Imperial Dignitary who was having an audience with the Emperor in Return of the Jedi.
    Hail Hydra!

Snoke is Ezra Bridger.
    (runs)
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

I don't think they'll bring back a link to the prequels like that, The Force Awakens was a massive success and hardly acknowledged them at all. They're not going to mess with that formula. If Snoke turns out to "be" anyone, my money is on Sidious. It would be yet another wink to something the audience already knows and likes, and would require very little setup or explanation.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    I don't think they'll bring back a link to the prequels like that, The Force Awakens was a massive success and hardly acknowledged them at all. They're not going to mess with that formula. If Snoke turns out to "be" anyone, my money is on Sidious. It would be yet another wink to something the audience already knows and likes, and would require very little setup or explanation.
    I see what you're doing there, with the "Dark Empire" plot of the Emperor having multiple clones of himself ready so when he died he would just pop into another body. BUT, I would think that Palpatine being who he is, would not go by another name - he'd go by his own name and essentially tell the universe "I'm back, you sonova $%^&es!!" They've also mentioned/stated somewhere that Snoke was "around" during the Emperor's reign, yeah? Personally I think he's somebody else. Perhaps somebody akin to Thrawn who is smart and power hungry, with Force/force-like abilities, but is not a Sith and not tied directly to the Emperor. And is not Darth Plageuis.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

OMG. He's Harvey Dent.

I think it's possible Snoke might have been a teacher at Luke's academy-perhaps an old Jedi (or so he said) who survived that he took into his confidence, only to be betrayed from within.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think it's possible Snoke might have been a teacher at Luke's academy-perhaps an old Jedi (or so he said) who survived that he took into his confidence, only to be betrayed from within.
    Maybe. There's no information about what the faculty was at Luke's school, so he could've had an ostensible Jedi survivor(s) who offered to help. However, the TFA novelization does set up that Leia was aware that Snoke was trying to corrupt Kylo long before before he actually defected, which makes it likely that this was going on before Kylo was enrolled at the school. It's also worth noting that the First Order government was in place during the time of the school, making it seem a little difficult that Snoke could both be teaching at the school and leading his little empire.

After this photo was released I'm more than sure it's Palpatine back, when he was fighting Mace his body was starting to drain so that might explain his waiting until his body has regenerated.
    Hail Hydra!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I still think it's Mace
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    After this photo was released I'm more than sure it's Palpatine back, when he was fighting Mace his body was starting to drain so that might explain his waiting until his body has regenerated.
    Half his face looks better than Palpatine's ever did though.
    Also, wrong eye colour. Also, Han and Leia know Snoke. And they do call him by that name.