Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I suppose they could also be the Dark side equavilent of Rogue One's Guardians of The Whills as well; not really Jedi or Sith, but perhaps affiliated with them in some fashion (Similar to the Nightbrothers/nightsisters in "Clone Wars" as well).

Snoke could technically still be a Sith Lord of some kind, although he's referred to as "Supreme Leader", remember Emperor Palpatine's Sith name/lordship wasn't really revealed until TPM (Or that "Darth" was a common title).
    The Knights of Ren could be the Dark side equavilent of the Guardians of the Whills. Don't know for sure. But nice point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Nobody in the new trilogy is a Sith anything, not Snoke, not Kylo, not the knights.
    Snoke is a Sith. Kylo Ren is a Sith. They aren't Darth.

Kylo Ren got a crimson lightsaber. Sith's blades are crimson due to their anger (the color of anger).

Read the current Darth Vader comic (2017).
    Last edited by Rapha8; 08-05-2017 at 11:32 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rapha8 View Post
    Snoke is a Sith. Kylo Ren is a Sith. They aren't Darth.

Kylo Ren got a crimson lightsaber. Sith's blades are crimson due to their anger (the color of anger).

Read the current Darth Vader comic (2017).
    Nope.
    We have been told by the director of TFA that Snoke and Kylo specifically, explicitly are not Sith. They are something else.
    Red Lightsabers aren't a Sith thing. The Inquisitors had them, and they were not Sith. They're a general Dark Side thing. Sith is a specific religion. And as far as official canon is concerned, it is a dead religion.

Also, the blades aren't red due to their anger. They are red because they use a specific technique to torture the crystals. With their anger, because Dark Siders do everything with their anger.

Darth, now that is a specific Sith title. There are no Darths in the First Order.
    Last edited by Carabas; 08-05-2017 at 02:34 PM.

BANNED

Nope.
    We have been told by the director of TFA that Snoke and Kylo specifically, explicitly are not Sith. They are something else.
    Red Lightsabers aren't a Sith thing. The Inquisitors had them, and they were not Sith. They're a general Dark Side thing. Sith is a specific religion. And as far as official canon is concerned, it is a dead religion.

Also, the blades aren't red due to their anger. They are red because they use a specific technique to torture the crystals. With their anger, because Dark Siders do everything with their anger.

Darth, now that is a specific Sith title. There are no Darths in the First Order.
    Maybe he should have told people in the movies, because no one that's seen the Star Wars movies is going to come away from The Force Awakens knowing the villains aren't Sith. Up until now, Sith was basically just used as an interchangeable word for people that'd fallen to the Dark Side. These seems like a pretty easy thing for the movie to set up to, too bad it didn't. I wonder if the other directors will care? After all, it's not in The Force Awakens, would be real easy to just say they are Sith.

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    Maybe he should have told people in the movies, because no one that's seen the Star Wars movies is going to come away from The Force Awakens knowing the villains aren't Sith. Up until now, Sith was basically just used as an interchangeable word for people that'd fallen to the Dark Side. These seems like a pretty easy thing for the movie to set up to, too bad it didn't. I wonder if the other directors will care? After all, it's not in The Force Awakens, would be real easy to just say they are Sith.
    One problem; TFA tells us that they're not Sith: Kylo Ren's order is the Knights of Ren (mentioned in dialogue), not the Sith. He's given the title "Master of the Knights of Ren," not "Dark Lord of the Sith." Pretty black and white.

BANNED

It is not up to the directors. They do not have the authority to change canon.
    The Lucasfilm Story Group determines these things.

BANNED

Directors got some say.

Don't have the authority to change canon. LOL

They didn't with the Clone Wars.

Sith are from the darkside.
    Jedi are from the light side of the force.

There Jedi vs Sith and Sith vs Sith.

So Snoke and Kylo Ren are but Sith (they serve the dark side) they aren't Darth.

Ben Solo (Klyo Ren) grandfather is Anakin/ Darth Vader.

His mother is Leia.

There is a thing (sith vs sith)

https://comicstore.marvel.com/Darth-...al-comic/46051

BANNED

Then I guess it doesn't matter what JJ said.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    One problem; TFA tells us that they're not Sith: Kylo Ren's order is the Knights of Ren (mentioned in dialogue), not the Sith. He's given the title "Master of the Knights of Ren," not "Dark Lord of the Sith." Pretty black and white.
    Them calling themselves the Knight of Ren doesn't tell us anything about them not being Sith, or that the Sith and the Dark Side aren't one in the same. About all it tells use is that maybe there was once a person or place named Ren, and that this hold some importance to this group of Sith. The only concrete information we come away from The Force Awakens with about the Knights of Ren is they're a group that happen to call themselves Knights of Ren, and that they were once students of Luke Skywalker. Because the movie they're introduced in doesn't tell use anything about this group that formed when they were like teens or something, for all we know the name Knights of Ren could be this kind of situation:

Not even really sure why someone would just assume the Knights of Ren aren't Sith based on what is in The Force Awakens, and how past Star Wars movies have already set up that when it comes to good versus evil, it's Jedi vs Sith. If the movie meant for the Knights of Ren to not be Sith, it should have said so; because when dealing with fictional universes you're going to try and hang your hat on how things in reality work when not given sufficient information. In reality it ain't like they're aren't groups within groups. Assuming the Knights of Ren aren't Sith because of their name seems kind of like assuming Knights Templar and the Teutonic Order aren't Catholic just because they aren't called the Knights of Catholicism.

BANNED

Here do clear up the confusion.

Darth Vader (2015-2016) issue #20

Emperor Palpatine: " A long, long time ago, there were many Sith. We rose up against the simpering linht... We warred with the Jedi ...
    and lost as we also warred amongst our own kind.
    For a thousand years we have kept to the shadows, not afraid of the Jedi - - but ourselves."

Obi-Wan ( Revenge of the Sith) : " Only a Sith deals in absolutes."

Light and Dark.
    Jedi and Sith.

Snoke and Kylo Ren are but Sith.
    No one can deny that. No one.
    If they do.... then they're fools.

The Sith, collectively known as the Sith Order, was an ancient, monastic organization of dark side Force users. Emerging as a divergent faction of the ancient Jedi Order, the Sith became mortal enemies with the Jedi and fought against them in numerous wars. The Sith were devoted to the dark side of the Force and enlisted it's aid in gaining power and control over the galaxy.
    Last edited by Rapha8; 08-06-2017 at 07:26 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think there's more to the Dark Side than the Sith.

Snoke may or may not have links to the Sith, I think he's the one from deep space that was trying to contract Palpatine, but I think he represents more than simply the same old Jedi vs Sith rivalry we've seen from the previous trilogies.

BANNED

I see absolutely there nothing that even hints at the non-existance of non-Sith Darksiders.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think there's more to the Dark Side than the Sith.

Snoke may or may not have links to the Sith, I think he's the one from deep space that was trying to contract Palpatine, but I think he represents more than simply the same old Jedi vs Sith rivalry we've seen from the previous trilogies.
    Will, based on the movies we've really no reason at all to think such a thing. There has yet to be anything in a movie so far to tell use that Sith and Dark Side aren't just one in the same, and the way they talk about them would seem to indicate they are one in the same. If they weren't one in the same there wouldn't have been any reason to assume their Dark Side problem in the prequels was specifically a Sith problem.

Someone from deep space was trying to talk to Palpatine? Is that like a thing from that new CG cartoon or something? Unless it's something they did around the release of The Force Awakens, I doubt it. If it's something that was done way before release it almost certainly would be a no, as Arendt, Abrams, and Kasdan probably weren't building Snoke around the idea of something that happened in one of the cartoons.

BANNED

Will, based on the movies we've really no reason at all to think such a thing. There has yet to be anything in a movie so far to tell use that Sith and Dark Side aren't just one in the same...
    On the other hand, can you point to anything at all in any version of canon that says that the Dark Side and the Sith are the exact same thing?
    What about the Nightsisters and the Inquisitorius? Definitely Dark Side, definitely not Sith.

If they weren't one in the same there wouldn't have been any reason to assume their Dark Side problem in the prequels was specifically a Sith problem.
    I think we can all agree that the Prequel movies have some spotty writing, okay, that all Star Wars films have some spotty writing, but based on Prequel era canon sources (The Clone Wars, most notably, which was even proper G canon back when that was a thing) we absolutely know that they are not one and the same because non-Sith Darksiders actually show up.

Someone from deep space was trying to talk to Palpatine? Is that like a thing from that new CG cartoon or something? Unless it's something they did around the release of The Force Awakens, I doubt it. If it's something that was done way before release it almost certainly would be a no, as Arendt, Abrams, and Kasdan probably weren't building Snoke around the idea of something that happened in one of the cartoons.
    I have absolutely no idea what this is in reference to.
    Arendt, Abrams, and Kasdan are subservient to the Lucasfilm Story Group though. Official Star Wars canon that counts got a lot bigger than just some movies when Disney got hold of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

I think he's the one from deep space that was trying to contract Palpatine, but I think he represents more than simply the same old Jedi vs Sith rivalry we've seen from the previous trilogies.
    What are you talking about?